Mark McGhee

jazz

D'you know what, the most frustrating thing for me? The fact we CAN play neat and silky football, stop it, just fucking stop it with the long ball pish! I aint wanting everything such as Cup finals, top 6 finishes, UEFA Cup etc, play the way we can and take it from there!

Sod the excuses of were missing Roscoe and Paterson etc, we need to do the best with what we have, play the players in there CORRECT positions! We have an alright bunch of players who are footballers (exclude McGarry :lol: ) whom can play together as an attacking team.

And believe it or not we ARE missing David Clarkson. His directness, pace, work-rate, ability to take a player on, passion and commitment for the cause. If you insist on playing Poter and Sutton together sit Clarky in the hole behind them and Clarky will soon show Porter and Sutton what the fuck they have to do, I dont care if you keel over at the FT whistle, its your job you have 6 days to recover. Clarkson makes defenders make mistakes, he chases relentlessly. He wins freekicks/penalties due to his directness (albeit going down easily sometimes). He may have his critics, and he may do a lot of things wrong and he may frustrate you but, he is a vital player to us and we are missing him, hugely!

Clarky has only played, say, 1 of the last 7 games that we have failed to score -coicidence?

I think we need a change of style from McGhee on two fronts.

Off the park we need an honest appraisal of where we sit now and what we are going to do to make steps to rectify the situation. I don't want to read things like we'll only play football the right way when when in the last year we've gone from some of the classiest football from a Motherwell team in a generation to a one dimensional long ball outfit. I want to read about positive moves you intend making with the resources you do have, not negativity about what you don't have and can't do. And I most certainly don't want to hear you talking about other teams and players like Aiden McGeady during the week when you have an important task at hand which should have your 100% focus.

On the park its all so predictable just now. I want to see the end of this long ball nonsense which has got us nowhere for weeks. Not only is it ineffectual its absolute crap to watch. If it takes the likes of McHugh, Saunders and Murphy etc. to show a bit of determination, passion and hunger then so be it, its surely got to be worth a try now to try to kick-start things. I would normally be against throwing loads of laddies in but what do we have to lose?

How many times have we seen McGarry appear purpled faced on the wrong win, checking back because he doesn't have the pace. How many crosses will Stevie Hammell crack off the defenders arse? How many defensive balls up will we give opposition teams goals from nothing?

I'm not calling for your head. You've given me some fantastic times in your tenure but the apparent unwillingness to change things on the park and some soundbytes that would appear not to fully appreciate the seriousness of the situation.

So Mark not a change of job for yet, but definitely time for a change of style.

100% correct Andy. A drastic change in style is required. What really annoyed me about the match yesterday was the way McGhee sat on the bench looking completely uninterested and clueless. Very reminiscent of Malpas in charge. In addition, the substitution of Murphy was absolutely ridiculous...nearly as bad as his substitution of Lasley at Falkirk a few weeks ago.

The quicker both the players and the management realise we are relegation candidates the better. Even speaking to a couple of mates that support Accies, they couldn't believe the difference in the team since we won against them a couple of months ago. In fact, they reckon we were the worst team they had seen playing against Accies this season!

I do agree with you Haggis as I think we all know it would be the cheap option.

However as mentioned elsewhere I would be looking to someone like Bobby Williamson. He wouldn't play attractive football but he would pick up enough points to ensure SPL survival which should always be our main aim!

D'you know what, the most frustrating thing for me? The fact we CAN play neat and silky football, stop it, just fucking stop it with the long ball pish! I aint wanting everything such as Cup finals, top 6 finishes, UEFA Cup etc, play the way we can and take it from there!

Sod the excuses of were missing Roscoe and Paterson etc, we need to do the best with what we have, play the players in there CORRECT positions! We have an alright bunch of players who are footballers (exclude McGarry :lol: ) whom can play together as an attacking team.

And believe it or not we ARE missing David Clarkson. His directness, pace, work-rate, ability to take a player on, passion and commitment for the cause. If you insist on playing Poter and Sutton together sit Clarky in the hole behind them and Clarky will soon show Porter and Sutton what the fuck they have to do, I dont care if you keel over at the FT whistle, its your job you have 6 days to recover. Clarkson makes defenders make mistakes, he chases relentlessly. He wins freekicks/penalties due to his directness (albeit going down easily sometimes). He may have his critics, and he may do a lot of things wrong and he may frustrate you but, he is a vital player to us and we are missing him, hugely!

Clarky has only played, say, 1 of the last 7 games that we have failed to score -coicidence?

I was right with you till I read that bit, although we'll agree to differ on McGarry :(

Your point's right though - I asked the same question last night about Clarky, and while he isn't the greatest player ever, as you say, he makes a nuisance of himself and defenders don't get peace when he's playing.

Someone else oposted similar, but once he's ready, I'd play a front 3 of

Murphy - Sutton\Porter - Clarky

Get back to what we were good at :lol:

MON RA DOSSERS

I agree it would be Scott Leitch god help us if that happens....the top 6 will be like the other side of the moon. I cant believe MM has suddenly became a bad manager but is at the moment not playing people in their correct positions and playing people who've been pants all season ie McGarry. Reynolds and Quinn. :lol:

Unrest in the dressing room is also being mentioned. I reckon unless we get 3 points from either ICT or St Mirren then he will have to go. Been thinking about the replacement and I reckon if McGhee walked then Leitch would have to leave also as I am sure Boyle will know exactly how involved Leitch is with the side when it comes to training and he has to take his share of the blame.

Who do we replace him with? We are not in the position to attract a high profile manager so who do we turn to?

Bobby Williamson would come in and steady the ship. He would build a side that would want to fight for the cause. Would be very interesting who would want to take the position at Fir Park.

Crikey - I would rather appoint my Staffordshire Bull Terrier than Blobby Willamson. That's akin to saying I would rather see Brian Kerr in midfield than McGarry :lol:

Truth is we are very very poor at the moment - not making any excuses although you could say that we have has as many chances and more possession than either Killie or Hamilton Accies in the last two games.

Any Manager that has delivered what McGhee did last season should be allowed the benefit of the doubt. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions that is what a message board is for after all. My opinion is that McGhee should get the support of the fans until it becomes crystal clear we are heading for the trapdoor. By then you may say it is too late but he deserves some time to dig us out of the mire.

Relegation will be a 6 way tussle inc Killie and St Midden. Right now we are level on points with 4 teams with a game in hand. Hopefully we can get Clarky back in for Sutton and Hughes recovers from his virus. I would be tempted to drop Reynolds for Craigan when he returns.

I am quite convinced we will turn the corner and whilst we will probably remain in the bottom 6 - I still think that ICT and Hamilton will fight out the relegation place.

I agree that they are not performing at the mo but that wasnt my point, Its a fact we do have some of the best players in the league outside Rangers+Celtic! Name strikers better than Porter, midfielders better than Hughes, keepers better than Smith! even the average guys like Reynolds,Craigan,Lasley,Clarkson would probably walk into Killie,Falkirk,St Mirren,Caley, Hamiltons teams so dont tell me we dont have the players

Do you watch the other teams?

Take St.Mirren, Billy Mehmet has 8 goals this season, more than any of ours. Andy Dorman and Gary Mason are both good players and they have good solid pros in Hugh Murray, Garry Brady, Jack Ross and Steven Robb.

Inverness have Ian Black and Don Cowie who would both walk into our midfield as would Craig Bryson and Taouil at Kilmarnock.

Falkirk have Stevie Lovell (again more goals this season than any of our strikers) and midfielders like Burton O'Brien, Scott Arfield, Patrick Cregg etc, as well as Darren Barr in defence.

Even Accies have McArthur, McCarthy and Neil in midfield when we are playing guys like McGarry and Fitzpatrick. As for Hughes he's been gash this season and he only played in patches last season. Rapidly becoming on of the most over rated players to ever pull on a Motherwell shirt and you can see why Leicester fans thought he was a waste of space.

Fuck Bobby Williamson.

McGhee is struggling just now but can't believe people actually want to replace him with this clown.

Agreed - also have tae chuckle when people mention McAllister, who has also just lost his last 5 games and with money to spend on wages and decent crowds (around 4 times more than us).

We're still only 10th, with a game in hand, which if we win means we're only 6 points behind 6th Place!!!

Grafter Says Relax :P

Bobby Williamson might steady the ship results wise but I don't think we'd play any attractive football under him and his after match interviews are horrendous to listen as he makes every excuse and lays the blame elsewhere on everyone but the team and himself.

As for Luc Nijholt only being a phonecall away, I hope its engaged or we've lost his number as I can't see what he's achieved as a manager which would make him the answer to our problems. If playing in the '91 Cup Final qualifies as being as the answer how come no ones suggesting Stevie Kirk or Colin O'Neill for the job. Why not sugegst Craig Paterson as I regularly agree with him when he does his radio commentary? At least it would be better than someone in the obsecurity of lower league Dutch football. Luc Nijholt was a great player for us in the day and was one of my heroes but I think some folk are putting nostalgia in front of proper managerial experience.

I think we should stick with McGhee as the candidates out there aren't exactly appealing and McGhee has done enough in my book to stick by him. Ask teams like Aberdeen and Dundee Utd what they achieved during times where they constantly changed manager. Given McGhee bump in wages, I doubt we could afford to lay him off anyway.

I tend to agree re. Nijholt. What has he done to suggest he would be the answer to our problems? He has only had managerial experience with one club (in the lower leagues of Dutch football as Dodge says). At the moment he is assistant manager at Red Bull Salzburg working under Co Adriaanse where i'm sure he'll learn a lot. One to consider for the future but not at the moment thanks.

Hmm, not a fan of Blobby Williamson, who is it that always says Luc Nijolt is only a phonecall away? I think they will stick with McGhee though, and i don't see him walking, i can't help but remember a fan coming on here pre season and warning us of this though.....

It's not us anymore Del. *banned word*

Replacing Mark would be daft just now, we are in the top 11 and that'll do until May.