Tonights Performance....

sieb_dystras_barmy_army

Tonights game was bad enough, having to sit through that long ball shite, and knowing we could have played untill next Monday and never scored!.....BUT, just to make the experience that little bit worse, The Well Boys! Look, we all know you pay your fiver at the start of the season to have yer laugh, but have you ever thought that you can get to the stage of being irritating wee fucks, and also an embarassment! I have had friends who visited with 2 SPL clubs this season, and the first thing they say to me when we meet in the pub is, "what the fuck are they wee dicks at the end of the stand all about?" Yes, in games like Nancy and cup ties you add to the atmosphere, brilliant, the O'Donnell banner, top job, BUT, please learn that there is a time and place for it. Shut the fuck up and sit down!...And, if the guy who was wearing the white Well top, going bald, about halfway back in that "Well Boy" section near the passageway between the bogs and pie stand is hear, it doesnt help when you stand up and applaud these antics! Either you have went very bald very young, or you need to grow up!

Right, thats my rant over. Im well aware it wont make me the most popular, but hey, I never was!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought the Well Boys did their "job" well tonight. Kept on singing and trying to get a bit of atmosphere going during a terrible match in front of a terrible crowd in terrible temperatures. Without them the stadium would have been in utter silence. Particularly enjoyed the "sit down, stand up" chant, complete with actions.

Shame the usual jobsworth stewards couldn't help themselves, especially the "big Russian paedo". :lol:

There was also a steward tonight - a wee blonde bint - who came over to a mate of mine and displayed exactly why nobody has any time for anyone in a yellow jaiket. A guy who was minding his own business, as he does each game, was growled at in a disgusting manner for almost no reason at all. Slightly taken aback, he replied 'Whit?' and got the exact same snash, except a bit more growlier. When pulled up about it later, she got even more tetchy and blamed the behaviour of the 'Well Boys for her shocking manner. There's too many stewards like that at Fir Park and, much like the police on the streets, actually do more harm than good as their attitude could potentially ignite a situation rather than defuse it. It is quite obvious that there is little or no training involved in the job, and it's quite disgraceful considerring how much it costs our club over the course of a season.

Frazzle

Tonights game was bad enough, having to sit through that long ball shite, and knowing we could have played untill next Monday and never scored!.....BUT, just to make the experience that little bit worse, The Well Boys!

Can't dissagree with any of that i also think its cringeworthy :lol: even worse when at the likes of parkhead and ibrox when 2 or 3 wee laddies wave flags about as if we are in the champ leauge final, each to there own i sposse though mibbie im getting old :D

JT

There were around 3 times more people standing up when the stewards were trying to get them to sit down, than there were at any other point in the match.

When will they learn? They seem to send the biggest knuckledraggers in yellow jackets they can find to that section, to get the piss ripped out them by a bunch of wee boys!

I think they are a bit cringeworthy at times (the wellboys), but they do bring a bit of atmosphere, and I like the idea.

Really need to ditch some ofthe horrendous songs though! :lol:

I didn't hae a problem with them. Yeah, I understand why some might not like them, but that's fair enough. Each to their own. Thought the stewards were very harsh tonight and didn't need to be. Nobody (as far as I saw) was causing any trouble, just trying to keep spirits up in one of the worst games for atmosphere I've been to in a long while.

What was worse in an off the park sense, was the fact that at around half 7 you couldn't get into the East stand without supplying your own light to hand over your money or ticket as it appears the stand suffered a power cut.

The stewards tonight in that area of the East stand were horrible, lobbing folk out left right and centre for no reason.

There's never any bother down there until they wade in, they will never learn.

Tonights game was bad enough, having to sit through that long ball shite, and knowing we could have played untill next Monday and never scored!.....BUT, just to make the experience that little bit worse, The Well Boys!

I fully respect you have an opinion, and are wholeheartedly rightful to digress it. However when you post utter shit and know absolutly nothing about our group and it's members, it rather offends me.

Look, we all know you pay your fiver at the start of the season to have yer laugh, but have you ever thought that you can get to the stage of being irritating wee fucks, and also an embarassment!

What is that supposed to mean exactly? Fiver at the start of the season to have a laugh. I'll have you know I for one have not missed a game this season, spending well into the hundreds to attend each game. Be it Home or Away, including abroad this season, I have been there, along with a good part of the group, who are just as passionate as any other Motherwell fan. So before you make a sweep stating comment, try and find out the facts first.

I have had friends who visited with 2 SPL clubs this season, and the first thing they say to me when we meet in the pub is, "what the fuck are they wee dicks at the end of the stand all about?"

Wee? I don't know about yourself, but im 6ft, and last time I checked, thats no too wee. However yes there are wee guys around 14 who give it the big 'un at games, and sit next to the group, but it doesn't mean there members or that we support their actions. Yet, we don't and can't dictate what our fans do. The members of our group range from age 16 to 21. So again look into what your posting about other fans before you post something that the group takes offence to.

Shut the fuck up and sit down!...

What makes you think in a group now celebrating it's 2nd year together trying to bring back atmosphere and colour, that we are going to listen to the guy who has a constant dig at us on here, but doesn't ever voice his opinion to members at games?

Rant returned.

I really respect the Well Boys. Some of the songs they have are terrible :) but they have the right idea and they will always have my support. The only critisism is they always try to create new songs instead of building on the ones that the majority of well fans know. I like the idea of atmosphere and colour at FP, lets give them some support!

The well boys IMO are far from being a problem, fair play to anyone who wants to disagree with them thats what a democracy is about, I am obviousy in the east stand for home games and watch frequently with a mixture of amusement and bemusement but ultimatly they are doing the same thing as the rest of us supporting our team and we all know how difficult that is of late.

Rip the seats out of the last two sections of the East and give us a "Safe Standing" area.

I'm not a Wellboy (way too old :D ) but I do like to stand at games and I know that others do to (my season ticket is in Row S so I get to stand all game with no problems - we can't all fit into Row S though).

i think people are just frustrated and the well boys seem to have got it on this one,

the well boys don't bother me one bit.

sometimes it is cringeworthy but what can you do, some the the well boy lads prolly think things shouted by you or I are stupid and cringeworthy,

all in all they seem like a nice bunch

dunno if i've ever spoke to any of them though

What makes you think in a group now celebrating it's 2nd year together trying to bring back atmosphere and colour, that we are going to listen to the guy who has a constant dig at us on here, but doesn't ever voice his opinion to members at games?

Rant returned.

Members? In the name of the Wee Man, are you some kind of official movement now? No, you are WEE BOYS who ask people for a fiver at the start of the season to be allowed to stand up, sing some songs, wave some nice flags, and generaly make a twat of yourselves!How did we ever survive or create any atmosphere up untill your formation 2 years ago? Now OK, have your sing-songs, wave your flags, stand on your fucking heads if you like, but the last time I checked the seats were there for a reason, a reason dictated to MFC under the rules of stadia within Scottish Football. So, if you are asked to sit down, why not just fucking do it? We're not allowed to invade the pitch either, but hey, its a laugh and winds up stewards, lets do it every week! All I was aying is that yes, I agree that you DO bring back a decent atmosphere to FP, and much of what you do is in good spirits, however things can, on occasion be taken too far, and IMO tonight was one of thesesuch occasions.

Now, if you wish me to discuss this in person I have no qualms over a pint of milk and a ginger snapp, your place or mine?

Members? In the name of the Wee Man, are you some kind of official movement now? No, you are WEE BOYS who ask people for a fiver at the start of the season to be allowed to stand up, sing some songs, wave some nice flags, and generaly make a twat of yourselves!How did we ever survive or create any atmosphere up untill your formation 2 years ago? Now OK, have your sing-songs, wave your flags, stand on your fucking heads if you like, but the last time I checked the seats were there for a reason, a reason dictated to MFC under the rules of stadia within Scottish Football. So, if you are asked to sit down, why not just fucking do it? We're not allowed to invade the pitch either, but hey, its a laugh and winds up stewards, lets do it every week! All I was aying is that yes, I agree that you DO bring back a decent atmosphere to FP, and much of what you do is in good spirits, however things can, on occasion be taken too far, and IMO tonight was one of thesesuch occasions.

Now, if you wish me to discuss this in person I have no qualms over a pint of milk and a ginger snapp, your place or mine?

Pal, you make a twat of yourself without paying a membership fee. You win. Ye happy?

The stewards don't have a clue. In situations like tonight either everyone goes or no-one goes. Can't eject one person for something that 20 more have done and do nothing to them.

On a side note. The 'Well Boys' Could never come up with something as witty as "Yer just a big Russian paedo!" Thats claimed by us in the back row. :D

I think it is a phase we all go through at some point or other when we grow up. Between the ages of 16-19 I used to sit down the away end of the East Stand and sing and be as loud as I could be, but eventually you grow out of it and retreat further along the stand. I think the 'Well boys have their place, and flags etc do make a bit of a difference.

However, I have to agree with Sieb to a certain extent on some issues. Yes when the crowd was as low as it was tonight, It wouldn't be that problematic to leave about 50 fans to stand up and jump about, as there wasn't really that many people round them to disturb. It is when the crowd is bigger that it gets on my nerves. Yeah the strictly no standing rule wasn't brought in with the mass crowds of Fir Park in mind, but rules are rules... and by not adhearing to the terms and conditions on tickets and season books, you are causing a considering risk of the club getting into trouble over this.

A bit of common sense needed perhaps. You can support the team without causing a disruption, as you have proved in the past.

Was at game last night. Season ticket holder along with my two brothers, we always move down near the away fans, force of habit, we are all in our 30's now and way to old to be involved with the well boys.

However lads give them a break, what harm are 20 or 30 lads doing having a sing along and a carry on? Did none of you do that at games when you were younger?

In today's dire credit crunch we should be trying to attract as many young lads and girls to well games can we really afford for all 20 or 30 of them to decide to do something else on a Saturday?

You might not like some of their chants or flags but come onto fuck lads get off your high horses and give them a break.

As for not seeing for them standing move to another seat, we did after sitting behind them we moved in front of them, you had plenty of other seats to choose from last night.