Tonights Performance....

sieb_dystras_barmy_army

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the problem with them either.

I think like a lucky couple of the players - they're bearing the brunt of a bit of frustration.

Nail on the head!!

I think the wellboys do a decent job, and from my view of them in the main stand, they certainly brighten the place up a bit!

Even more so at away games imo:D

Members? In the name of the Wee Man, are you some kind of official movement now? No, you are WEE BOYS who ask people for a fiver at the start of the season to be allowed to stand up, sing some songs, wave some nice flags, and generaly make a twat of yourselves!How did we ever survive or create any atmosphere up untill your formation 2 years ago? Now OK, have your sing-songs, wave your flags, stand on your fucking heads if you like, but the last time I checked the seats were there for a reason, a reason dictated to MFC under the rules of stadia within Scottish Football. So, if you are asked to sit down, why not just fucking do it? We're not allowed to invade the pitch either, but hey, its a laugh and winds up stewards, lets do it every week! All I was aying is that yes, I agree that you DO bring back a decent atmosphere to FP, and much of what you do is in good spirits, however things can, on occasion be taken too far, and IMO tonight was one of thesesuch occasions.

Now, if you wish me to discuss this in person I have no qualms over a pint of milk and a ginger snapp, your place or mine?

Boring...

Oh btw. A mate of ours got chucked out last night, wasn't sitting with the 'Well Boys but after standing up all game in the back row a random steward comes over and tells him to sit down and "shut his mouth".

John replied "don't talk to me like that ya jobsworth" to which the steward told a Police officer that he's been told to fuck off and got him fecked out. Later found out the steward used to live down the road from John and supposedly never liked him.

Throwing someone out for a personal dislike? Joke!

i agree with the majority on this one. as someone who travels to all the away games, i witness the effort they go to and the impressive numbers they travel in. it's a costly exercise and they are well within their right to make as much noise as they like. i've noticed (i think) a few other ultra groups emerge throughout the country in recent times with nothing like the visual impact created by the group here. i certainly don't regard them as an embarrassment.

i agree with the majority on this one. as someone who travels to all the away games, i witness the effort they go to and the impressive numbers they travel in. it's a costly exercise and they are well within their right to make as much noise as they like. i've noticed (i think) a few other ultra groups emerge throughout the country in recent times with nothing like the visual impact created by the group here. i certainly don't regard them as an embarrassment.

As you mention the other Ultra groups in Scotland, I notice the Well Boys are one of the youngest groups, not in terms of their existance but in terms of members. The Green Brigade at Celtic are made up of many ages but they even have men in their 30s and 40s, correct me if im wrong but I believe this to be true. Same with the Red Ultras at Aberdeen. I think maybe it is in the name of the Well BOYS where this problem lies, it maybe makes them sound like it maybe should only be the younger generations?

I dont think it is a case of being young and they will grow out of it and my example above proves that. I think it is a case of wanting people to enjoy themselves when they go to the football, creating an atmosphere. Trying to bring back the good old days when people went to the football and made noise. Got behind the team and were seen as the 12th man.

Dont have a bad word to say about them, think they try to create a atmosphere that has been sadly missing from Fir Park now for several years. Why not take this as a postive something that a group of boys have actually started to take things into their own hands and try and make going to well games less dorbed than it already is! Without them what really would it be like sitting in a cold night watching the well? Was there again last night and to be honest was a shocking advertisement for scottish football. Terrible attendance and match.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADS!

Are the stewards recruited by the club? Or is it a contractor?

Mixture of both. Majority are recruited by the club. The rest are outsourced from contractor and from Partick Thistle and a small contingent of Airdrie stewards.

In reply to mon_da_wells post - I'd assume the bottom 4 in the top tier were to stop Killie fans from trying to go into the top tier. I've no idea as to why the other were posted at the very top tier. Perhpas they may have been kept in reserve in case they were needed and their supervisor would know where they were.

Don't have a problem at all with the Well Boys, at least they made an attempt to get behind the team last night and they were a good distraction from the drivel that was happening on the park. I'm totally behind what they are trying to do and unfortunately for them they seem to be a good place for some people to direct their anger and frustration.

I was more botherd by the booing to be honest, appreciate how bad it was last night and peoples right to voice their feelings after spending their hard earned cash to watch that rubbish but I never feel that booing helps anyone in particular the players who I'm sure are well aware that we aren't happy.

Just my personal opinion.

Stewards "lining up" at the front of the stands is , as u will know , for security purposes ,.

They go trackside around 2 or 3 mins towards the end of the match ,, the fact tht minutes can be added on , therefore means they are out there a bit longer ,,

At the end of the day , they have a job to do ,, i have noticed tht some people on here give them a hard time ,, , They are not all "bad" stewards in Fir Park.

A few, yes, i agree should not b working there at all.

The way some of them spk to and treat supporters is awful . But in these circumstances ,, u shld report this to their stand supervisor, who has a duty to report this back to the club .

I love this guy! :lol:

Took my time over signing up again but couldn't resist after seeing this.What did you actually expect to achieve my starting a thread like this again? just to break the new look forum in remind everyone we're no you cup of tea?

TBH we couldn't care we wouldn't be here if we had listenend to every moan that came our way. You seem to be hund on this membership things thats never happennend? and im sure we've cleared that up before.

Wee boys have you ever actualy met any of us? must be pretty big and pretty old to call me a wee boy.

Are we a movement? naw no quite but we're part of something that scottish football needs, something that will try wake up the clubs realise the fans are the lifeblood of every team. Without fans there would be no Clubs as we know it.

We dont just mean us but all fans however you choose to support your team or watch the game, people dont like us or what we do and we know that its easy to dislike something that stands out a little and makes themselves heard.

The way some fans attend game etc may not be to our taste but we dont come on here typing away to the world like a wee lassie.

The fact that this has spawned 3 pages must mean we are doing something right.

Regardless of anyones opinion of the 'Wellboys, has anyone noticed that when the Old Firm fans stand up and jump about at Fir Park, the stewards and police are nowhere to be seen, but when it's the Motherwell support, all hell breaks loose? I think it's to be applauded that a full section stands up en masse - a big GIRUY to the "yella jaikit" brigade that think they rule the world.

Frazzle

Oh btw. A mate of ours got chucked out last night, wasn't sitting with the 'Well Boys but after standing up all game in the back row a random steward comes over and tells him to sit down and "shut his mouth".

John replied "don't talk to me like that ya jobsworth" to which the steward told a Police officer that he's been told to fuck off and got him fecked out. Later found out the steward used to live down the road from John and supposedly never liked him.

Throwing someone out for a personal dislike? Joke!

Hang on Hang on.

I was sittinggg just along that row about two seats away from john.

And if i remember correctly John told that certain steward to "Fuck Offf" or something along those lines. Personal dislike, dont think so mate again that particular steward who happens to be one of my good friends dads and a repectable guy asked for a word with john just to be ignored and swore at so what is he ment to do ? Leave him alone because he happens to know him ? Dont think sooo ..

So matee if your goin to have a rant about how the stewards were in the wrong make sure your giving the full story in the future...

As For the stewards end of the day they are doing what they have been told to do so we must accept that again safe standing would be ideal. I dont disagreee with the 'well boys what they are doing is finee brings a bit of life back to the ground but again I can see wherepeople are coming from that they can be slightly annoying bouncing around in the middle of the match when you are trying to watch the game but as a whole i respect what they are doing. They have paid to get in so let them do what they want to do As long as i am able to watch the game have a bit of banter im happy.

Cheer Chris x

safe standing would be ideal.

We safely stand in the East Stand every single week without fail. We purchased our season tickets at the turn of the century (used that phrase to sound old) for a spot that would allow us to stand without being in anyones road, while sacrificing a good view. We haven't caused any mayhem in all our years of standing there and what I would appreciate is some consistency. It's seldom the same steward two games in a row at our area, but we're usually left in peace. But then a big game comes along or there's a 'crackdown' and suddenly we're harrassed by halfwits with daft coats and walkie-talkies.

Regardless of what happens on the park - the price is going up, the standard of the product is going down. It doesn't take an expert to figure out that'll go tits-up sooner rather than later.

Frazzle

They are down the other end of the East stand from me so don't really bother me although I wish they wouldn't sing the muff diver song. Thats too embarrasing.

I sit in the cooper ,whats the word of the muff song ?BTW think the "well boys" are great and give a bit of atmosphere and also a pleasant distraction from the dross on the park!!