Tonights Performance....

sieb_dystras_barmy_army

One thing i'd just like to add actually. As i've already said i like the wellboys, but i think they should go back to sitting nearer the back of the stand rather than down at the pillar. This way there is no way they are obstructing anyone behind them and i can join in with the bouncing as thats where i sit :lol:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got talking to the steward i think must be the head honcho lad with the headphones?

He got himself in an awful pickle, According to this steward the greques (bouncing) is forbidden and says so in the green guide.(Later told by a copper it is down to H&S and the match commander ) But after having the green guide's view on standing etc quoted to him and proven there is no such mention of bouncing he retorts with its doesn't matter what i say. is he in turn telling me it doesn't matter whjat the green guide says? :lol:

There was also a steward tonight - a wee blonde bint - who came over to a mate of mine and displayed exactly why nobody has any time for anyone in a yellow jaiket. A guy who was minding his own business, as he does each game, was growled at in a disgusting manner for almost no reason at all. Slightly taken aback, he replied 'Whit?' and got the exact same snash, except a bit more growlier. When pulled up about it later, she got even more tetchy and blamed the behaviour of the 'Well Boys for her shocking manner. There's too many stewards like that at Fir Park and, much like the police on the streets, actually do more harm than good as their attitude could potentially ignite a situation rather than defuse it. It is quite obvious that there is little or no training involved in the job, and it's quite disgraceful considerring how much it costs our club over the course of a season.

Frazzle

That idiot stewardess has caused trouble all along the East stand, so how anyone in authority allowed her near the far end is unbelievable. Her attitude is a disgrace and someone needs to relocate her to the members section of the O'Donnell Stand before she starts a riot.

Wellboys could do with moving back a bit so they do not cause problems for others trying to watch the game, and a bit of self policing if you don't want to be criticised.

Hang on Hang on.

I was sittinggg just along that row about two seats away from john.

And if i remember correctly John told that certain steward to "Fuck Offf" or something along those lines. Personal dislike, dont think so mate again that particular steward who happens to be one of my good friends dads and a repectable guy asked for a word with john just to be ignored and swore at so what is he ment to do ? Leave him alone because he happens to know him ? Dont think sooo ..

So matee if your goin to have a rant about how the stewards were in the wrong make sure your giving the full story in the future...

As For the stewards end of the day they are doing what they have been told to do so we must accept that again safe standing would be ideal. I dont disagreee with the 'well boys what they are doing is finee brings a bit of life back to the ground but again I can see wherepeople are coming from that they can be slightly annoying bouncing around in the middle of the match when you are trying to watch the game but as a whole i respect what they are doing. They have paid to get in so let them do what they want to do As long as i am able to watch the game have a bit of banter im happy.

Cheer Chris x

The point is, he picked on John whe it could have been any of us standing next to him, But no. He chose John because of a personal reason, that you can't deny. And that isn't doing your job correctly.

On the case of the 'Well Boys'. If oe goes, then they all should go. But the stewards would never do that. So they should just be left. Think they are a pain in the arse and woud rather they actually sat down and watched the games at times. Other than that they have my full backing.

Guys,

I'll stay out the whole 'Well Boys' debate - I personally appreciate what they are trying to achieve but on the Stewarding issue, if anyone has some sort of personal complaint then like everything else, they should refer it to the facilities manager at Fir Park. That, at the moment but will be changing soon, is Ian Murray and you can also contact Leeann Dempster too if you feel it serious enough.

If there is any particular problem then the only way it can be resolved - i.e. the club know about it.

'Flow

Another thing is...the stewards only seemed to take some of the younger lads out that were down in the wee group they have. I'm all for what they're doing as it's badly needed in all grounds round the country as Scottish football is dying on its arse! The stewards are a bunch of cowards. There's a group of folk that stand up at the back few rows of the end section, mainly older guys. If they're told to sit down then the stewards will be told to fuck off with them doing nothing about it as they know they can't handle picking on older, bigger guys in the stand.

Hang on Hang on.

I was sittinggg just along that row about two seats away from john.

And if i remember correctly John told that certain steward to "Fuck Offf" or something along those lines. Personal dislike, dont think so mate again that particular steward who happens to be one of my good friends dads and a repectable guy asked for a word with john just to be ignored and swore at so what is he ment to do ? Leave him alone because he happens to know him ? Dont think sooo ..

So matee if your goin to have a rant about how the stewards were in the wrong make sure your giving the full story in the future...

As For the stewards end of the day they are doing what they have been told to do so we must accept that again safe standing would be ideal. I dont disagreee with the 'well boys what they are doing is finee brings a bit of life back to the ground but again I can see wherepeople are coming from that they can be slightly annoying bouncing around in the middle of the match when you are trying to watch the game but as a whole i respect what they are doing. They have paid to get in so let them do what they want to do As long as i am able to watch the game have a bit of banter im happy.

Cheer Chris x

Give the full story? I was sat next to him when it happened, and can tell you as a fact that he did not swear at him, as John discussed with that stewards son after the game.

Cheers bbz x

Thanks to all the fans who support us in what we are trying to do at Fir Park. It's a hard enough job with modern stewarding and policing at game let alone our own fans having digs at us.

Seib,

You have said this again and again. Can you not understand that this simply does not have the effect on us that you want it to? It would be a sad day anywhere if people took on board critisisms like that and changed there ways to suit the minority that has posted. If you or anyone has a problem with the group or a specific member then it would be better delt with face to face instead of over a computer. And if you see us all as wee boys then a face to face meeting might change your view. If not then i don't really care. But attempting to lour someone to your house with milk and bisuits isn't a bit pedoish then i don't know what is.

The fact that this has spawned 3 pages must mean we are doing something right.

Totally Rocky.

I say hello to you at most games, think you boys do a great job and should keep it going - get more involved if you can! Wish I was 5 years younger but I'll just sit on the wings! The flags, colour and songs are better than hee haw and give FP and away followings that wee bit extra - keep it up and don't listen to the odd old fanny on here!

Two things i would say about it.....

1- If the SPL rules say we must have an all seater stadium and health and safety says you have to sit down then I don't think you have any leg to stand on (excuse the pun) when the stewards and polis tell you to sit on your arse!

I don't mind the singing for the full game, think it adds atmosphere and is all good, however it leads on to point 2......

2- every time i looked over last night, the majority of the standing up crowd were facing the other way, either shouting at the fans in the south stand or perhaps the stewards beside them. Seriously, it looked to be the full match, that squad did absolutley nae spectating. Now i can understand the game was pash, but i don't see the point in going and not watching it.

Sorry, theres a third point.

If i didnt have a season ticket, perhaps wasnt a regular attender and showed up, sat down near the back of that section and couldn't see the game because a bunch of boys spent the full game standing up and shouting abuse at stewards and away fans, I'de be pretty pissed off!

Just my opinion.

The more vocal of the 'well fans have congregated in that area of the East stand as long as it has been all-seated. I think anyone who sits there and then complains that people standing up is annoying them needs to think about moving along a bit! 99% of well fans know that generally that area of the ground is noisier, a bit more boisterous, and attracts kids. Don't sit there if you want un unobstructed view from a seated position!

I must admit i do get a bit annoyed with constantly having to stand up to let people in and out, in and out, in and out.... sometimes it's bloody ridiculous! If you hadn't been out 4 times already to buy drinks, maybe you wouldn't need the toilet 3 times during the 2nd half!!!

I like what the well boys are trying to do, i complained to the head steward in the East Stand about a female steward SWEARING at myself also a young girl sitting next to me sorry that is totaly unacceptable.

I will be asking him at the next game what was the outcome. I know they have a hard job but some of their behaviour is over the top.

I would like to know if they get any training in how to deal with the public.

Here is a thought I was told the H & S article states you must sit down

I asked the steward if this means everybody he said yes. I pointed to the dugout there are seats there and nobody sits down. He said he could not answer that I then said is that not discrimination.

The point is, he picked on John whe it could have been any of us standing next to him, But no. He chose John because of a personal reason, that you can't deny. And that isn't doing your job correctly.

Did You telll that particular steward to "Fuck off" ..No. it was only john So how was he picking on him? It was johns choice to ignore him. What was the personal reason as far as ive heard there has been no past incidents whatsoever.

To be honest mate what has happened has happened nothing can change that.

And the point about standing in that section of the east yes you are 100% right all i am saying is that if there was safe standing the stewards would have no reason to tell anyone to sit down. Stewards at the end of the day as i have said before are merely doing there job that is what they are being Told by the guys at the top to do so if there were to be a safe standing section to be implemented in the east there would be no problem whatsoever.

Cheers Chris x

As has been said previously its funny how Sieb always has a go at us at every opportunity :) . Cheers for the publicity mate it saves us handing out flyers about us and also gives us a wee chance to see the majority supporting what we do. As many people say, without us last night there would have been no atmosphere at all, but if you would prefer to sit and watch utter dross on the park while sitting in complete silence for an hour and a half then its your choice :wacko: . I understand people might not like our songs or flags but to have a problem with us personally without actually knowing anything about us is out of order. I personally dont like the way that people go and watch the team in complete silence or have a random outburst of abuse now and again, but i don't have a problem with them personally. And as for your killie mates enquiring as to what we "wee dicks" were doing they are also in the minority as we have had many compliments from opposite fans both home & away.

While the original chap's criticism was not what you call 'constructive' he does have a couple of points that perhaps the well boys should consider......in fact that very sentiment has been echoed by a lot of other posters; and that is some of the songs are absolutely cringworthy!

I quite like what you lads are trying to achieve, but using the same dodgy songs that every other club's fans use can be quite annoying. For example, the Torres song changed to Porter is terrible, the celtic song that goes 'ooohhh ooohhh ooohhh ooohhh ooohhh' after some crap verse is similarly shocking.

Perhaps is you all embraced some more traditional 'Well songs like:claret and amber ribbon, the Joe Wark song, etc; others might be more inclined to join in - and they would be less cringeworthy to the 'non well boys.'

Take what you want from that, as it is only my opinion. Other than that, your efforts to bring back an atmosphere should be commended.

Moan the well boys !!!

Yeah the songs are a bit dodgy, but it's brilliant.

It's banter they don't take themselves to seriously, and let's be honest either should we.

It's football, it's meant to be enjoyable, and when your getting beat 2-0 by kilmarnock on a freezing monday night and you hear a ridiculous song it somehow puts a smile on your face.

I know this is my opinion but i know i am not alone.

Gee them a break, imagine the place without them, it'd be like a fukin funeral at times.

While the original chap's criticism was not what you call 'constructive' he does have a couple of points that perhaps the well boys should consider......in fact that very sentiment has been echoed by a lot of other posters; and that is some of the songs are absolutely cringworthy!

I quite like what you lads are trying to achieve, but using the same dodgy songs that every other club's fans use can be quite annoying. For example, the Torres song changed to Porter is terrible, the celtic song that goes 'ooohhh ooohhh ooohhh ooohhh ooohhh' after some crap verse is similarly shocking.

Perhaps is you all embraced some more traditional 'Well songs like:claret and amber ribbon, the Joe Wark song, etc; others might be more inclined to join in - and they would be less cringeworthy to the 'non well boys.'

Take what you want from that, as it is only my opinion. Other than that, your efforts to bring back an atmosphere should be commended.

you want the well boys to sing about John Wark? a man who played with us before most of them were born ! you havin a laugh mate.

lighten up and give them a break, dont hear anyone else starting up any songs (i included myself in this)

go on your self well boys, just wish i wasnt the wrong side of 30 and in my teens and id be a well boy as well!!

As has been said previously its funny how Sieb always has a go at us at every opportunity ;) . Cheers for the publicity mate it saves us handing out flyers about us and also gives us a wee chance to see the majority supporting what we do. As many people say, without us last night there would have been no atmosphere at all, but if you would prefer to sit and watch utter dross on the park while sitting in complete silence for an hour and a half then its your choice ;) . I understand people might not like our songs or flags but to have a problem with us personally without actually knowing anything about us is out of order. I personally dont like the way that people go and watch the team in complete silence or have a random outburst of abuse now and again, but i don't have a problem with them personally. And as for your killie mates enquiring as to what we "wee dicks" were doing they are also in the minority as we have had many compliments from opposite fans both home & away.

Very well done. HOWEVER, had you actualy read my post, you would have noticed that I have no issues with the singing, and on occasion the flags. My point was that the Well Boys are, IMO, a bit embarrasing on occassions, and indeed a pain in the arse to many. Im sure I will get all the majority on here support us, there are also some who find the constant baiting of stewards boring. Fair play, direct your vocal support at the team, and not as Stall has already mentioned at the stewards or away support for large chunks of the game. If your told to sit down, just fuckin sit down, can you not sing in your seats! Also, I never mentioned Killie mates, I said mates who supported other SPL clubs who have visited FP, and that includes more than one team!

Here is a thought I was told the H & S article states you must sit down

I asked the steward if this means everybody he said yes. I pointed to the dugout there are seats there and nobody sits down. He said he could not answer that I then said is that not discrimination.

That could be the most rediculous argument I have heard so far! ;)

My point was that the Well Boys are, IMO, a bit embarrasing on occassions, and indeed a pain in the arse to many.

If ye find it embarrasing then the simple answer is to simply ignore them. If folk didn't like the choir back in the day then I'm sure they stood somewhere else. If the Well Boys main crime is being embarrasing then its one that very easy to solve. If you watch the game you'll find it easy to ignore them.

The Well Boys complaints with the stewards are a seperate issue which will require a lot of come and go from both sides. Having discussions with the clubs outwith when the games on is probably the best way to go about it.