Tonights Performance....

sieb_dystras_barmy_army

If ye find it embarrasing then the simple answer is to simply ignore them. If folk didn't like the choir back in the day then I'm sure they stood somewhere else. If the Well Boys main crime is being embarrasing then its one that very easy to solve. If you watch the game you'll find it easy to ignore them.

I think thats fair

The Well Boys complaints with the stewards are a seperate issue which will require a lot of come and go from both sides.

I dont agree with that at all. The rules say sit down. The only people who need to do any coming or going are those who don't sit down when they are told too.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont agree with that at all. The rules say sit down. The only people who need to do any coming or going are those who don't sit down when they are told too.

This thread has thrown up a couple of issues with stewarding which quite rightly need to be addressed. There are some points which the club will have some control over (such as the way fans are spoken to and the like) and some in which they don't such as the sit down which the boys will have to comply with but perhaps if they realise they are being treated fairly then they will be more accomodating when asked to help the stewards do their job. I say this as a both a steward and an admirer of what the boys are doing/trying to do.

Fact is, they either enforce the rule totally or not at all, there are several pockets in the East Stand that stand throughout the match, virtually the entire back 2 rows, bits in the end section and the Well Boys, there is only ever one section that I see being forced to sit down, and its the young guys.

Maybe if they saw them stewarding other areas rather than picking on one group they'd be inclined to sit.

One steward the other night was useless, he went into the row, walked along the row, not making anyone sit down and stood there, causing yet more of a blockage than when they were just standing themselves.

They tried to force some of those other sections to sit, they got told where to go in no uncertain terms. So now they pick on the youngest group, easy target and all that.

Leave the kids alone I say, God forbid the only noise we get to listen to at games are those grumpy baistards who do nothing but complain, many of them active in this thread. :rolleyes:

Again about the stewarding, the fact is it comes down to everyone being treated the same. Like neil said above if the stewards enforced this to all parts of the ground that were standing or bouncing, including away fans especially the old firm, then the group is more than happy to sit down. If we do not sit the we look like arseholes and run the risk of being ejected or worse. But when, in my eyes, discrimination is happening like that to me on a personal level then i will not take it from anyone rule or no rule regardless of it being police or stewards telling me what to do. That arguement has been given to them time and time again to no avail so until something is done. Why should we be treated like second class citizens at our own ground?

Also it is not set legislation that you must be seated at a game as it is nothing but guidelines which those in positions of so called authority wish to distribute whenever they see fit. Not giving any consistancy and therefore making the matter much worse.

Give the full story? I was sat next to him when it happened, and can tell you as a fact that he did not swear at him, as John discussed with that stewards son after the game.

Cheers bbz x

Well i happen to be that particular stewards son and as for John "discussing" the incident with me certainly wasnt the case :angry:

Unless "your dads a prick mate" counts

I never said it had anything to do with you. I was simply passing comment on a steward and you came on to say you are his son.

I am "over it" as you say, and I am still of the opinion he was out of order, which has nothing to do with you.

You actually passed comment on me, see the quote from a few posts above.

Here, I don't actually care enough about this to keep going with you as it's going no where.

I think the steward was out of order as the fan in question did not tell him to "fuck off".

I mentioned you because the fan in question said he spoke to you about it, which was obviously inaccurate.

I think the steward was out of order as the fan in question did not tell him to "fuck off".

Ahhh facts facts facts ... not sure what particular incident u were actually paying attention too becausee it certainly was not that one think you should really think before you speak mate clearlyyy making an arsee out of yourself here... No idea about what you are actually talking about funny how your the only one defending 'John'..

Cheers Chrisss

Edit: x

There's a group of folk that stand up at the back few rows of the end section, mainly older guys. If they're told to sit down then the stewards will be told to fuck off with them doing nothing about it as they know they can't handle picking on older, bigger guys in the stand.

I enjoy my standing spot - if we get any crap, we normally just say we can't see past the stewards (trying to get the Well Boys to sit down) :)

It's all just a bit of fun - leave em alone, i say!!

Ahhh facts facts facts ... not sure what particular incident u were actually paying attention too becausee it certainly was not that one think you should really think before you speak mate clearlyyy making an arsee out of yourself here... No idea about what you are actually talking about funny how your the only one defending 'John'..

Cheers Chrisss

Edit: x

Since when does having an opinion count as making an arse of yourself? If anyone here is doing that it's you with your poor spelling and grammer.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To be honest mate what has happened has happened nothing can change that.

Over a day a go i said that.

Think Your the one that carried it on by replying 'gay'.

Really need to get a grip and grow up thats all i will say, your fighting against something that you are Clearly wrong about and i can assure you are definetly wrong.

But hey enjoy your wee rant...

Thats all i will say on the matter

Cheers Chris

Ok lets put this to bed...

There is an open invitation for the wellboys to meet with senior stewarding staff to discuss any issues that you have.

We promise that we will listen to you if you will listen to us ( and not constantly talk over us like happened on Monday ) - it's up to you guys to set a date and time - all you need to do is approach us and it can be set up.

With regards the incident where John was asked to leave I can categorically deny that this was for any personal reasons ; I don't know where that allegation came from and if John feels that to be the case then I am very disappointed in him as I am unaware of any situation or conversation in the past that would have caused him to think this.

For someone else to reapeat that allegation as ' fact ' is a complete misnomer - yes it would be a joke if it were true however the allegation is completely false.

I can advise you that when I approached John for a word after he had shouted at me I was indeed told to ' F*** off ' - he admitted this to the club security officer when he went round to complain about me ; he was categorically told by the gentelman in question that if that phrase had been said to him he would have found it offensive ; if he had still been a police officer then John would have been arrested.

If I said a similar thing to my boss at work I would probably be dismissed.

Sorry guys but I was always brought up to respect those older than myself ; I am sure that anyones father would take offense if a guy he had known for years told him to ' F*** off.

He showed a complete lack of respect to me Monday evening and I was more disappointed in him than angry.

With regards sitting down at Fir Park we have explained repeatedly to you that it is the match commander who has asked that the stewarding staff enforce the 'seating in all areas rule' ( he does not mind however that people stand in the back row as they are not blocking the view of anyone ).

He has concerns about the'bouncy ' thing you do , particularly where your backs are to the pitch - all it would take is for one of you to fall and serious injury might happen - it is a health and safety issue.

He has asked the stewarding staff to make sure that you do not continue this practice at Fir Park.

Now you have said to me that you ae allowed to do that at all grounds except Fir Park - with due respect our concern is only Fir Park and not anywhere else and if the match commander has any concerns that he asks us to act on then we must do so , no questions asked.

I did speak to a couple of you at half time however when it was my turn to speak I was constantly talked over which was downright rude.

There may be people behind you who cannot see if you continue to stand up -with that in mind we do ask you to sit down however just when we get you to sit down someone starts the ' stand up for the motherwell song ' - it certainly does not help any relationship that we have with the wellboys.

There were some issues on Monday that should not have happened in the first place - the incident with the female steward was one of those ; she should have not been there in the first place and the club will make sure that this does not happen again.

Guys I know that respect is earned and respect is a two way thing - we have issues that we need to work on ( we know and you know ) however likewise from your end of things do you feel that your behaviour is always appropriate?

As I have said if you wish a meeting then please feel free to speak to me or one of the other senior stewarding staff and we can sort things out to our mutual benefit.

Take the meeting guys but I would take along some of the senior fans, get the Trust involved maybe as I do not trust anyone at that club.

There is an element of allowing fans to behave like fans, insisting on a blanket standing ban is not a good starting point, neither is insisting H&S guidelines are in fact rules. They're not and our clubs interpretation of these guidelines has caused a lot of friction

Guest JohnnyDefault

The offer of a meeting is good and should be applauded well done sir!.

Matt's advice is good too.

btw - i'd be really surprised if anyone in that section complains about not seeing because someone is standing up. There are other sections of the ground to be sat in if you dont like the noise and exhuberance in that section of the ground.

Its the age old question - how bad would things be in that area if the stewards were asked to step back a wee bit.

Guys ,

The 'Green Book' is government legislation for football stadia - it is this that the match commander is basing his 'rules' on.

It is not ' our clubs' interpretation of the rules but the match commenders however I agree that this has caused a lot of friction over the past couple of seasons.

The post above about the meeting was mine - thought I had signed in under my own name however it was my sons account so I got a bit of stick from him thsi morning about that !

I would urge you to think carefully about fatcalfs proposal to accept the meeting - we don't mind who comes along as it would be a good thing for all fans to understand the position of the stewarding staff and for us to understand your concerns.

Problems only get worse if they are allowed to fester.

I will be at the match on the 27th - you know who I am so if you are up for a meeting why not over Christmas as a lot of us are off for the holidays?

I have suggested this to you for over a year now - I know that you have met with the club in the form of Ian Stillie but you have not met with the stewards as yet.

Please suggest a date and time and we will try and get as many of the senior stewards as we can along ( certainly the heads/assistant head stewards ) ; if he can be persuaded I think it also a good idea that the match commender comes along ?

I was actually just about to suggest that the Match Commander attends any meeting. On behalf of the Trust, I can say that this sort of case should be our bread and butter and I would be only too happy to attend any meeting with the Wellboys, acting on their behalf.

However, I think any meeting without the Match Commander would be almost pointless as when we raised some very similar points to those in this thread with Ian Stillie about this time last year, he basically passed the buck onto said Match Commander. We have requested meetings with him through Strathclyde Police but do no avail as yet. I do, however, appreciate that the Match Commander changed around the time of our request and we haven't been chasing it up over the past few months.

I think it would be in your best interests ('Wellboys) to discuss amongst yourselves whether you would like the MST to take this up and drop me a pm with what you decide.

Frazzle

Thanks Frazzel.

OK things are moving on...

I have just spoken to Ian Murray who is current Head of Security ; the briefing for next match will take place on Christmas eve and he will bring up with the match commander the idea of meeting with whoever is interested on this topic.

Apparently he has expressed an interest in this already so it is looking good.

The date might well be early in the New year though.

What we need to know though is who from your end will attend ( nearer the time I will give your representative my private e-mail address for this purpose).

It might well be that you wish to set the agenda - we do not mind as it means that all your questions will get answered - again I would need this in advance for circulation to all parties.

You may wish to meet amongst yourselves to discuss this.

So let me know if you are up for it ; the offer is there.

I think the offer of a meeting outside any homes games is the best thing to do. Doing it during a game leads to frustrations in missing parts of the game. Most of the senior/head stewards are fellow Well fans and I can assure the Well Boys that they are approachable and will do what they can to help wherever they can although you have to appreciate that they don't make the rules and are often only working to instructions given by the match commander. It would be a great opportunity and one not to turn down if the match commander can attend.