Tonights Performance....

sieb_dystras_barmy_army

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work by all concerned in getting a meeting organised concerning the well boys and the stewarding, although a lot of the issues also concern the wider support.

Hopefully some positive actions can be gained from the meeting.

Well done all concerned.

Speaking as not a well boy I do support them in their views but however realise the importance of stewarding and possible safety issues mainly with standing. Lets all hope some success is gained from the meeting.

Good luck lads.

Good oppurtunity for the 'Well boys to discuss their views with the stewards.

Hope they discuss the matter that all fans within the stadia should be treated equally, as it seems to be their lot that are getting hastle in most games. They should also raise the point that if a steward is co-operates with them then they'll do the same.

On Monday night i heard them just going in and shouting, 'sit the fuck doon' etc. Why can't they just be a wee bit more polite with the guys instead of treating them like criminals. I suppose that's what happens when you get a yella jaiket!

Football is being wasted with incompetent stewarding, prices and silly little rules and this justifies our lowest attendance of the season on Monday night. Simply loads of folk don't enjoy the fitba' anymore!

Going on about health and safety is bollocks. If you're not allowed to stand up during the game at any time why should you be allowed to stand up at half time? Surely this is more of a health and safety issue since there is far more folk walking about and moving in and out from their seats at half time?

I think throwing folk out for standing up is just petty as well and just shows that our stewards are just power hungry. Would they take the same action against someone that is the same size as them or roughly the same age as them? No.

Another issue that should be raised with the stewarding is the incident in the Hibs end a few weeks back. Why did they take the tri-colour off the boy? Yes it may have no place in football or that but would you see the same guy roaming into the south stand full of Celtic or Rangers fans taking their Red Hand flags or tri-colour's off them? No, why? They are cowards! Double standards aswell!

Well you can ask about why I took the tri-colour off the hibs fans as well ( I did strangely enough get a fair bit of good press about that from majority of the hibs fans which amazed me :) ) !

As I have said before guys the offer of a meeting is there.

Ball firmly in your court to make up a clear and concise agenda ; let me know how you get on.

I will let you know when match commander is free.

The purpose of the meeting is not a point scoring exercise but to clear up matters from both sides and to move on.

The Green Guide

The Guide has no statutory force but many of its recommendations will be made statutory at individual grounds by their inclusion in safety certificates issued under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975 or the Fire Safety and Safety of Places of Sport Act 1987.

Standing in Seated Areas

Persistent standing by spectators in seated areas raises significant safety, crowd management and customer care issues which are usually interrelated. Where these are likely to arise, the ground management should prepare a comprehensive risk assessment and plans for resolving them. Local authorities should take these into account when agreeing the appropriate factor for the accommodation and/or event concerned. Local authorities should also consider whether the capacity should be reduced to counter particular safety problems, for example obstructed gangways or spectators standing in the front rows of upper tiers.

Management Responsibility

Responsibility for the safety of spectators lies at all times with the ground management. The management will normally be either the owner or lessee of the ground, who may not necessarily be the promoter of the event.

These policies should take into consideration the safety of all spectators, including, for example, those with disabilities, the elderly, families and children.

Representatives of management cannot, however, be reasonably expected to possess all the technical knowledge and skills required to assess and apply every recommendation in the Guide. Management should therefore, whenever required, seek guidance from competent persons who have the relevant qualifications, skills and experience. Representatives of the local authority with the relevant training and experience, together with police, fire and ambulance officers, will advise management on how to discharge its responsibility, and, in certain circumstances, may require measures to be taken in order to achieve reasonable safety standards. This does not, however, exonerate the ground management from its responsibility for the safety of spectators.

Nuff said. Make as much din as you like BUT sit on yer duffs.

Standing in Seated Areas

Persistent standing by spectators in seated areas raises significant safety, crowd management and customer care issues which are usually interrelated.

No it doesn't, I'm no more likely to fall over when standing than block someones view from the back row. It's a guide, we can dispute findings.

Guest JohnnyDefault
Nuff said. Make as much din as you like BUT sit on yer duffs.

Or, you set aside a tolerance zone for standing. What harm is it actually doing?

Take the seats out even !!! - they.ve got it at other grounds in the UK

Waving a piece of legislation or a guideline is a dawdle.

All 'well fans' know that this is the area where the lads stand and sing - so saying its for the protection of the other fans who want to sit - is a bit of a misleading standpoint. Folk don't go there if they want to SIT and watch the game.

I like to sit down and watch the game and don't sing that much - I sit a wee bit further along the east stand.

With this approach - the lads enjoy the game in their way - i enjoy the game in mine.

There's legislation and guidelines that indicate that sectarian singing isn't to be tolerated - how many yella jaikets do you see spending 90mins weeding those culprits out when the OF come calling?

If ever a subject was blown out of proportion!

I tell you this it'll be a sad day if these guys walk away from Fir Park instead of sitting on their arses. folk need to get a grip here. (and not of a wee bit of paper with guidelines on it)

Well you can ask about why I took the tri-colour off the hibs fans as well ( I did strangely enough get a fair bit of good press about that from majority of the hibs fans which amazed me ;) ) !

Why did you?

I don't see any place for a tricolour at a football match however I dont see how anyone can legitimately say it, or a union flag is bigotted.

No it doesn't, I'm no more likely to fall over when standing than block someones view from the back row. It's a guide, we can dispute findings.
You are certainly more likely to fall when standing, than when sitting. However, the original quote didn't mention anything about you falling over - it was talking about safety. You can argue all you like about degree (and I do), but it is obvious that, in general, 1000 people sitting is more conducive to safety than 1000 people standing.

Fighting the guidelines on those grounds is a waste of time. The question should not be," is it safer?", but rather "is the extra safety worth the additional cost and inconvenience to the fans?"

Why not try something like they have at Ajax where a section of the support is allowed to stand and sing /chant throughout the game leaving the rest of the ground to sit and watch the game. This would allow the Well Boys to be free to continue to expess themselves without any problem.

By the way as someone who always stoood in the choir in my younger days more fuckin power to the lads that try to create an atmosphere and wind up the visititiing supporters at the Ark.

Mon the Dossers

I've said it before and I'll say it again (and again and again, etc), the most recent of which was...

Rip the seats out of the last two sections of the East and give us a "Safe Standing" area.

It'd suit us nicely and it'd save the stewards a whole lot of hassle. While we're at it, this applies/sums it up for me...

By the way as someone who always stood in the choir in my younger days, more fuckin' power to the lads that try to create an atmosphere and wind up the visiting supporters at the Ark.

The Green Guide

The Guide has no statutory force but many of its recommendations will be made statutory at individual grounds by their inclusion in safety certificates issued under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975 or the Fire Safety and Safety of Places of Sport Act 1987.

The key phrase is many of its recommendations will be made statutory. That means its the law and that means the club could lose their ground safety certificate and could be prosecuted. Or do you just break laws when you don't agree with them or dislike them? :lol: