Attendance

Neil

I can remember some really poor crowds for some of the utterly meaningless games after the split when we've been in the bottom half but comfortably clear of relegation, but can't remember as poor a crowd for a meaningful game.

I will renew my season ticket because I can't imagine ever doing anything else when the 'Well are playing but it sounds as though I'll be there on my own. I know we're playing poorly just now but I've supported them through worse - it's amazing how your mind is able to filter out the entire seasons of crap. Sounds a bit like childbirth - if women didn't forget the pain they'd never go through it again!

I have been undecided about my renewal since 'the initiative' was first mentioned and proceedings at FP in the interim have done nothing to encourage me towards parting with my cash in the summer, indeed, I now feel so alienated from the club that I have followed for more years than I care to mention, that I have started to wonder whether I would miss going to matches or not, remarkably I am not that bothered at the moment.

People on these boards are moaning about everything from A-Z regarding the club at the moment and rightly so, they are nothing short of a shambles on and off the field.

The only way to hurt the powers at be is to hit them in the pocket, season tickets make up the majority of the clubs finances, if the amount of people who have claimed not to be renewing don't renew then there will be a big hole in the clubs finances.

Of course, lack of finance equals lack of quality (are we not there already?) equals 1st division football, been there done that, not the end of the world.

Time to put up or sell up board members.

To be honest it looked more like 150ish in the Killie end, but we wouldn't have taken any more than that to Rugby Park in similar circumstances.

£22 is far too much for a game like last night that was available live, a distinct lack of thinking by the club on this. Also, weren't the Well fans meant to be in the South Stand last night? The pricing initiative stated that adults woulld get in for a tenner and under 11s for free for games against Killie, ICT and others?

Not even sure that under 11 season ticket holders are able to get a pal in for free as also mentioned, I take it these deals have been swept under the carpet too? Confusion reigns. Poor show MFC.

Once again the club shoots itself in the foot no coincidence that the pricing page is blank I doubt if anyone actually knows whats going on, no wonder we cant attract investment this supposed irish consortium probably get told a different price for the club everyday.

Good to see the majority of fans getting behind the club in times of hardship. Oh wait a minute I got that wrong - it would appear that most want to jump ship when the going gets tough :angry:

Yes the club is shambolic at the moment in terms of on field and off field performance, but we have been here before and will be in this position again. As long as I can afford to, I will always buy a season ticket and support Motherwell FC with my cash and presence, right up until the day I die.

That does not make me better than anyone else - I just wish people would accept our limitations as a club. I know a lot is frustration coming to the boil. But if you want to support a team who perform well week in week out might I suggest you go and support Man Utd or Chelsea or dare I say it one of the gruesome twosome from our neck of the woods.

Good to see the majority of fans getting behind the club in times of hardship. Oh wait a minute I got that wrong - it would appear that most want to jump ship when the going gets tough :)

Yes the club is shambolic at the moment in terms of on field and off field performance, but we have been here before and will be in this position again. As long as I can afford to, I will always buy a season ticket and support Motherwell FC with my cash and presence, right up until the day I die.

That does not make me better than anyone else - I just wish people would accept our limitations as a club. I know a lot is frustration coming to the boil. But if you want to support a team who perform well week in week out might I suggest you go and support Man Utd or Chelsea or dare I say it one of the gruesome twosome from our neck of the woods.

I have to disagree. Well fans have put up with far more than most over the years. The rediculously amateurish way the Club is run is nothing short of embarrassing.

We put up with it becuase the team was punching above it's weight but now they're under performing fans aren't as willing to turn a blind eye any longer. It's as simple as that.

Guest JohnnyDefault

In 35yrs I've been through some shit as a 'well fan - highs / lows / indifference

I'm pretty sure everyone here will continue to follow the team no matter what - some want to sound off - some want to push it to the side and continue to support the team - No approach is right or wrong.

What I think is different now than at any other time in the past is the way in which the fans are being treated as second class citizens in our own ground. I'm not saying this is a new thing - but anybody from the outside looking in - would think that "Our aim is to alienate and anger our supporters" is the MFC mission statement.

In a day and age where it's so fukn easy to communicate - MFC make an absolute pigs ear of it. The clever thing that nobody at the club seems to be clocking either is - that via the same channels its so easy for your backhand tactics to be exposed.

As my maw used to say "be sure your sins will find you out"

We all know what the clangers and howlers have been - I believe the club know what they have been.

I think the ball is in their court.

If MFC dont understand that their actions have alienated a large section of the support - then we really are in trouble.

Transparency with us all on board is your way forward John - wake up and smell the coffee!

Fortress Fir Park!

Well Fans First!

I'm pretty sure there's loads of professionals / clever (or semi-clever) folks that are either on here or regularly turn up on a Saturday that could help out. Even if its just a bunch of folks you bounce a communication off before its released to get fans feedback to prevent clanger # 57! How simple would that one be??

Any Volunteers!?

well this site does represent a broad section of the Motherwell support... I think that it's only right that we push the club to give us a statement on your concerns.

I definitely think it's worth putting our concerns across to the club, and requesting some answers.

At the end of the day I highly doubt they will just ignore us if we put a constructive letter to them stating our problems and reasons for them.

I had a season ticket for the ten years prior to this season, you may think it was a funny year to give it up, but I started a job which requires me to work on Saturdays sometimes, which I then thought didn't justify me paying so much for a season ticket, and my dad can't go every game so I use his whenever I can. Albeit I've only missed three home games so far this season. However, due to working Saturdays, games like Monday were a must-go for me, and I turned up expecting my student ticket to set me back £10 or under, considering it was £10 when we played Rangers at Fir Park, but I got there to find it was raised a skydiver, on a cold Monday night, televised game, ten days before Christmas. My dad phoned Motherwell on Tuesday, saying that one week he gets a letter from John Boyle saying he can't get people into games and then the next week he sees me being charged more than usual, for a shite game against Kilmarnock!

Guest JohnnyDefault

I completely agree that the club made a pigs ear of it on Monday - to have trumpeted from on high about the pricing initiatives and making football affordable etc etc etc - To have NOT incentivised Mondays game just seems mental.

In getting my head round it - the thinking might have been 3000 at £20 average is better than 3000 ay £15 average.

However if you write to Killie and ask Kilmarnock FC to assist their fans travel costs if you (MFC) cut admission prices to £10 - £15.

At the same time you hit the websites and the local press tackling the issue head on. "Don't sit in the house we've been dealt a Monday night game - get yer ass down to FP and cheer the team on for a vital match - admission £10-15) - Come to think of it if the players had read (well them that can read anyway) it was a vital match - even that would have helped

Probably a good thing it didn't happen since we blew it - however it might be an approach to bear in mind for games that the team intend to turn up for.

I have to disagree. Well fans have put up with far more than most over the years. The rediculously amateurish way the Club is run is nothing short of embarrassing.

We put up with it becuase the team was punching above it's weight but now they're under performing fans aren't as willing to turn a blind eye any longer. It's as simple as that.

Actually I do not gauge the performance of the admin staff on the basis of how well the team is performing. It is either crap or it is not. Almost everything they attempt to do is problematic. The Nancy tickets fiasco - the new pricing structure. Thankfully they are dealing with a fanbase of 4-5000 or else it would be worse. That said the admin people try their hardest and they are probably not that well paid and even under resourced.

My point is a simple one, I will continue supporting the Team when players, chairman, and admin staff come and go, whether the team are up and down, in the SPL or the 2nd Division. It just depresses me to read fans saying - I am no going back - the team is shit , the club admin is shit etc etc. Some are sounding off and deep down love this club which is why they are so frustrated. But right now is the time to get behind the team not abandon them!

Guest JohnnyDefault
Actually I do not gauge the performance of the admin staff on the basis of how well the team is performing. It is either crap or it is not. Almost everything they attempt to do is problematic. The Nancy tickets fiasco - the new pricing structure. Thankfully they are dealing with a fanbase of 4-5000 or else it would be worse. That said the admin people try their hardest and they are probably not that well paid and even under resourced.

My point is a simple one, I will continue supporting the Team when players, chairman, and admin staff come and go, whether the team are up and down, in the SPL or the 2nd Division. It just depresses me to read fans saying - I am no going back - the team is shit , the club admin is shit etc etc. Some are sounding off and deep down love this club which is why they are so frustrated. But right now is the time to get behind the team not abandon them!

I think almost everybody appreciates the work that the admin staff do. I've never had a problem with them or the way they deal with me any time I phone or pop in to pick up a ticket - In fact I think they do a brilliant job with the resources at their disposal.

People are talking about the leadership at the club. The policy makers. the executive management.

The pricing initiative that was announced recently was confusing for the fans and embarrassing to hear our board purring over "the poor exploited old firm fans". No-one knew what the hell was going on, but when the dust settled, and they changed some of the finer details, it transpired that a guy turning up at the East Stand, for what could literally be his first game in years, could get someone in for free, as could a juvenile season ticket holder, but NOT an adult season ticket holder!!! When I phoned to query this I was told it was only paying customers who could benefit from this (obviously assuming that my season ticket was purchased with thin air in the summer!) and there would be benefits for season ticket holders later on in the season.

Now they have unveiled the benefits for the season ticket holders, you have to decide in advance which game you want to go to and go down to Fir Park in advance to collect the tickets. An infinitly more incovenient "benefit" for season ticket holders than the one offered to "johnny one game a year".

To come out and now make attempts to deny thsi pricing structure was only an "experiment" is just embarrassing and I wonder who they think they are fooling with this pish?

We've seen it all before though. John Boyle flicking the "v's" at the Well fans after the St Mirren debacle two years ago, then only to subsequently come out and deny it, shows exactly what he thinks of us.

I've been a season ticket holder for 12 years, and been attending since 1984. Obviously as a wee boy though, stuff like this was of no interest to me and I was unaware of it. There's not a hope in hell of me renewing my season ticket next season. Enough is enough is enough.

Guest JohnnyDefault
The pricing initiative that was announced recently was confusing for the fans and embarrassing to hear our board purring over "the poor exploited old firm fans". No-one knew what the hell was going on, but when the dust settled, and they changed some of the finer details, it transpired that a guy turning up at the East Stand, for what could literally be his first game in years, could get someone in for free, as could a juvenile season ticket holder, but NOT an adult season ticket holder!!! When I phoned to query this I was told it was only paying customers who could benefit from this (obviously assuming that my season ticket was purchased with thin air in the summer!) and there would be benefits for season ticket holders later on in the season.

Now they have unveiled the benefits for the season ticket holders, you have to decide in advance which game you want to go to and go down to Fir Park in advance to collect the tickets. An infinitly more incovenient "benefit" for season ticket holders than the one offered to "johnny one game a year".

To come out and now make attempts to deny thsi pricing structure was only an "experiment" is just embarrassing and I wonder who they think they are fooling with this pish?

We've seen it all before though. John Boyle flicking the "v's" at the Well fans after the St Mirren debacle two years ago, then only to subsequently come out and deny it, shows exactly what he thinks of us.

I've been a season ticket holder for 12 years, and been attending since 1984. Obviously as a wee boy though, stuff like this was of no interest to me and I was unaware of it. There's not a hope in hell of me renewing my season ticket next season. Enough is enough is enough.

I sympathise and agree with you Milo. However remember that this club is yours as much as it is John Boyle's.

I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around and JB will have to eat a gargantuan slice of humble pie sometime in the near future. when he eventually realises that the people who matter are the players, staff and supporters of Motherwell Football Club and not anybody else.

Have to say I agree with those who say the only way Boyle will listen is to hurt the pocket. UNless someone can come up with another way of getting through to the idiot that is the only way.

I can't bring myself to stop going so I'm just going to have to print my criticisms of him in even bigger print in OSB but fair play to anyone who feels strongly enough to actually give up their season ticket. No criticism from me, I already know plenty fans who have taken this route and it can't have been an easy decision. Boyle has caused this, no deflecting blame required.

Guest JohnnyDefault

The witholding of funds definitely works Matt. I dont think it was by any means certain that Malpas was going until virtually no-one renewed their season book.

The 'protest' of throwing spent books was widely ridiculed in the press as an 'empty gesture' - however we all knew it was a message to the board that they wouldn't be getting renewed until something changed.

Its a difficult one - particularly as there are so many differing views on whats wrong even among posters on here. Taking it to the brink again though may be the only way of getting some change even discussed.

"even discussed" - just writing that in itself shows how bad it is.

There is no consultation or debate. The voices of dissent have been virtually eliminated.

The Club is being tried to be run as a buisness - but a business on its knees.

The Club needs money for everything from new players to replacing the weathered seats we pay over £300 a season to sit on.

Mr Boyle, p*ssing off your own fans is a recipe for disaster.

As has been said before ... Why not give us value for money and the family spirit back at the club.

This has nothing to do with teams performance at this time but a need to retain our dwindling support.

Mr Boyle if you cant or wont help, then find someone who will - before you kill our club ;)

As has been said before, I think out Club's problems run far deeper than the Admin Staff, and again like many have said before they do a great job under the circumstances. That's not even an issue for me.

It's the decision makers that I have a problem with, we are like a rudderless ship at the minute and the ridiculous pricing scheme recently implemented can only be described as baffling.

I think we are the only club in Britain who could manage to alienate its fans and those of the majority of other clubs in the league whilst actually cutting prices! I don't blame anyone for running out of patience with the Club.

The point I was making before was that these problems have been steadily getting worse over the last few years and have been masked by the team's success on the pitch. Now that's gone what is there to attract us to Fir Park on a cold wet Monday night?