Scottish Cup Inverurie Ticket Info

Well-Made

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club have announced that about 100 tickets will be available through the Supporters Association with the remaining 400 sold on a first come first served basis to season ticket holders.

This seems the fairest way, although some will no doubt be unhappy. However with only 500 tickets for Well fans it was always going to be that way.

Too right not being happy..

What about Season Ticket holders like myself, that are exiled away that can't get there on a first come, first serve basis?

Only way I can hope is for them to go on sale on a Sat before a match and can pop along, otherwise being 250miles away, midweek, will mean I miss out. Poor.

Also, not like I am able to phone and get through, is it?

But.. Heyho..

True, I tried to phone the club for info about Nancy tickets and spent 2 days getting put straight to voicemail. I think a ballot would have been fairer, it would mean that people who travel could have a fairer chance and depending on the date and time tickets go on sale, if it's midweek, a lot of people will be at work.

Due to the likely demand, tickets will be sold on a first-come-first-served basis and unfortunately, on this occasion, we cannot facilitate telephone or internet bookings.

Great, well there goes my chances of getting a ticket for the game. That's totally rubbish!

I live nearer the ground than most folk on here yet i'm not going to get to go? Not happy :angry:

I must admit, I do object to the Supporters Association getting 100 tickets, but not a lot I can do about it.

Frazzle

I take exception to that to I must say. If the Gaidhealtchd Dossers flag isn't flying at the Loco Works I'll be most disappointed :angry:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I suppose, but mine lies in the answer to these two questions:

- What does the Association do for the club or the fans (or anyone apart from themselves)?

- What is the average number of fans the Association take to away games?

I don't know how many members they have, but the size of the organisation doesn't justify 20% of the tickets, especially when almost all of their members will have season tickets anyway and, thus, another bite at the cherry.

Also, it has been well documented that season tickets are becoming less and less value for money, so I can't understand how if I pay the best part of £300 to the club at the beginning of the season, I have a far lesser chance of getting a ticket than someone who pays £15 to Jim Frame!

Frazzle

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I suppose, but mine lies in the answer to these two questions:

- What does the Association do for the club or the fans (or anyone apart from themselves)?

- What is the average number of fans the Association take to away games?

I don't know how many members they have, but the size of the organisation doesn't justify 20% of the tickets, especially when almost all of their members will have season tickets anyway and, thus, another bite at the cherry.

Also, it has been well documented that season tickets are becoming less and less value for money, so I can't understand how if I pay the best part of £300 to the club at the beginning of the season, I have a far lesser chance of getting a ticket than someone who pays £15 to Jim Frame!

Nail, head, hit

Just been speaking off-line to other fans and the post above highlights my thoughts exactly. Another shambles ensues...

Guest JohnnyDefault

A lot of fair points being made (good posts Frazzle DC'd)

However we had a major ticketing debacle in September and appear to have corrected a grand total of diddly squat.

You've got to feel for those admin girls cos they're gonna face the same stuff all over again.

The lessons from Nancy as far as I can see were easily learned - and the club have refused to take any steps.

Well season ticket holders living a few miles from Inverurue in all likelihood will miss out - since they probably won't be able to make a weekday trip to FP for a ticket. Same goes for guys like DC'd and all that from down south.

I sent this to the club this morning:

Hi,

I’m writing to express my disappointment at your statement that you will be unable to facilitate telephone or internet bookings for tickets for the Scottish Cup tie against Inverurie Loco’s in January. I am a member of Gaidhealtchd Dossers, a group of Motherwell supporters from the Highland & Grampian region who travel to many of the clubs games.

There are a number of us who regularly travel to games, many of us having season tickets of our own. However, can we honestly be expected to make the trip to Fir Park over the Christmas period to get tickets, only to find out that they have just sold out after a 3hr drive down there? I think that the fact we travel thousands of miles in a year to support Motherwell should surely make us worthy of consideration when it comes to games in this region.

At this rate none of us will get to the game, and I must say, although I understand your position, I’m extremely disappointed by this news.

I look forward to hearing your views on this.

Wonder what kind of response I'll get

I take exception to that to I must say. If the Gaidhealtchd Dossers flag isn't flying at the Loco Works I'll be most disappointed :O

Dont worry, it will be there, ticket or no ticket. Im heading out to Inverurie on monday night to try get. Unfortunalty it says in yesterdays Evening Express that tickets were limited to 2 per person :angry:

Dont worry, it will be there, ticket or no ticket. Im heading out to Inverurie on monday night to try get. Unfortunalty it says in yesterdays Evening Express that tickets were limited to 2 per person :angry:

Ask Jim and your missus to go with you and go in one by one?

Guest JohnnyDefault

Deer Gag,

Thanks for you're lettur n that

But the fairest way for everybody especially the hard pressed fans of Rangers and Celtic is that we sell tickets only through the wan till we have at fir Park.

When the phone and the tinternet and thon email aw whisle and ring at the wan time wur lassie in the office doesn't know what one to go for first.

YOUrs sicerely

Zoom Airlines

Deer Gag,

Thanks for you're lettur n that

But the fairest way for everybody especially the hard pressed fans of Rangers and Celtic is that we sell tickets only through the wan till we have at fir Park.

When the phone and the tinternet and thon email aw whisle and ring at the wan time wur lassie in the office doesn't know what one to go for first.

YOUrs sicerely

Zoom Airlines

:angry: class!

I know that the ticket situation was never gonna please everyone but I think its a positive thing that the supporters association are being rewarded with a portion of the tickets. Perhaps it will boost the supporters association numbers in future. Having been a member of both the Supporters Association and the Trust - I always felt that at least my money was well used and that I got more out of it by paying my membership fee for the supporters association. I think its a good reward for those with long standing membership of the supporters association.

Whilst I understand the frustration of season ticket holders as they feel they are getting less value for their season ticket book, it starting to generate a wee bit of snobbery where they are questioning the rights and creditibility of other fans. I know I ain't gonna be popular amongst season ticket fans and I know we have a core of our support who ain't regular attenders but by no means will I be questioning who got a ticket for this game. Whilst its a tie which creates a bit of excitement and romance of the Cup, unfortunately their are gonna be a lot of dissapointed Well fans who ain't gonna be able to go.

Sure the club was caught between a rock and a hard place as there are going to be disappointed people - its not their fault that demand will outstrip supply. However I believe that every season ticket holder is equal and should have the same chance of getting to the game. At the moment I feel that I am somewhere in the middle with less chance than someone in the SA and more chance than someone who lives outwith the proximity of Motherwell. That said the SA are on the charter as due to be getting some - I disagree that they should get 100 (though that has never been said by the club). I think their bus organisers should maybe get a couple to ensure the buses are available and then it is up to them to organise with those who have tickets. Just my opinion though.

Guest JohnnyDefault
I know that the ticket situation was never gonna please everyone but I think its a positive thing that the supporters association are being rewarded with a portion of the tickets. Perhaps it will boost the supporters association numbers in future. Having been a member of both the Supporters Association and the Trust - I always felt that at least my money was well used and that I got more out of it by paying my membership fee for the supporters association. I think its a good reward for those with long standing membership of the supporters association.

Whilst I understand the frustration of season ticket holders as they feel they are getting less value for their season ticket book, it starting to generate a wee bit of snobbery where they are questioning the rights and creditibility of other fans. I know I ain't gonna be popular amongst season ticket fans and I know we have a core of our support who ain't regular attenders but by no means will I be questioning who got a ticket for this game. Whilst its a tie which creates a bit of excitement and romance of the Cup, unfortunately their are gonna be a lot of dissapointed Well fans who ain't gonna be able to go.

Serious question here Dodge

Why should Association Members have a better shout for a ticket than a season ticket holder?

IMO you've just turned the 'snobbery' right round.

A season ticket = a seat at every home game and a first shout for cup tickets thats the deal

A season ticket + an association membership = What exactly?

I think i should be considered above everybody else - i used to have one of them claret scarves with the double diagonal amber stripes and the old fashoined MFC badge.

Beat That!

The Fans Charter says that organised supporters groups should be given preferential treatment for tickets, along with season ticket holders.

The MST are an organised Motherwell fans movement who give thousands of pounds a year to the club, and represent the views of the core support, and we haven't been given any tickets (not that I think we should have been, mind you!), but the Association to the best of my knowledge, contribute nothing to the club and are of no value to anyone other than their own few members, yet they get tickets. I don't see that as being fair.

Having said that, I understand that with the supply and demand that the club were never going to be able to please everyone and I respect the decision that has been taken, even if I don't agree with it. At least it has been made clear in advance, which has been a problem in the past.

Frazzle

That said the SA are on the charter as due to be getting some

Thats the bit that makes me laugh every time, not your use of it but just the fact that this magnificent charter that gets rolled out every so often (although not by the club this time)

Read the charter now and again:

here is a direct quote from section 1: Accessibility

A substantial number of tickets to each game are made available to non season ticket holders.

But then goes onto to make cup competitions special??

the situation this time around is not ideal and the club will struggle to come out of it with limited damage

All that I would ask is they do what they say once in a while:

already phone calls to the club are feeding all sorts of different rumours about when and with what warning they will go on sale.

very frustrating for all concerned.