Scottish Cup Inverurie Ticket Info

Well-Made

The Fans Charter says that organised supporters groups should be given preferential treatment for tickets, along with season ticket holders.

The MST are an organised Motherwell fans movement who give thousands of pounds a year to the club, and represent the views of the core support, and we haven't been given any tickets (not that I think we should have been, mind you!), but the Association to the best of my knowledge, contribute nothing to the club and are of no value to anyone other than their own few members, yet they get tickets. I don't see that as being fair.

Having said that, I understand that with the supply and demand that the club were never going to be able to please everyone and I respect the decision that has been taken, even if I don't agree with it. At least it has been made clear in advance, which has been a problem in the past.

Frazzle

To much is made of this "Fans Charter" it means nothing and can be changed to suit the will of the board. It originally said there would be a dedicated family section in the Davie Cooper Stand for all games and that the charter would only be changed in consultation with the fans. These have now been withdrawn (wonder why?). As soon as you point things like this out it will be changed.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However accessibility is for games at Fir Park, there is a separate section further down for away games.

away SUPPORT and talks about fans of visiting clubs, not games thats what makes me laugh as I say not your interpretation just the shambles that it is.

and has been pointed out gets ignored most of the time or edited to suit them at the top

mind and write to Ian Stillie if you think thats wrong & want to complain :angry:

Having more than skim read it this time I think this bit will cover them for an away cup game:

Tickets for cup competitions are announced to supporters following discussions between the clubs. Tickets for cup matches are offered to season ticket holders and official supporters' clubs in the first instance, and then to the general public.

Still is a bit tenuous though.

The Trust have written to the club, seeking clarification that any amendments to the Charter will be ran past us in advance - that was in reaction to the concessionary age for OAPs being raised from 60 to 65.

Frazzle

but its not been changed :angry: :cough: Concessions are available for senior citizens over 60 years of age, for junior supporters age 16 and under, and for full time students. :cough:

Anyway back on track, when the fek are these tickets actually going to be at point of sale??

Guest JohnnyDefault
Sorry you guys are having trouble getting tickets, but I suppose it was always going to be this way. :O For those that do manage to get up here, dont expect too much from our ground, hope you have a great time and good luck in the next round. :angry:

Thanks Andy - see you at the replay old bean!

Sorry you guys are having trouble getting tickets, but I suppose it was always going to be this way. :O For those that do manage to get up here, dont expect too much from our ground, hope you have a great time and good luck in the next round. :angry:

I am guessing you never saw the Setanta broadcast from Monday night then!?

Wouldn't be so sure.

Small pitch, giant killing etc.

Stranger things have happened, this can't be dismissed.

Histon vs Leeds anyone..?

Guest JohnnyDefault
No tickets have yet been received from Inverurie so no official ‘On Sale’ date can be given at this time. However, as soon as they do arrive, the club will immediately make them available and post notice on the Official website.

Gaag why don't you offer to pick the 500 tickets up personally :angry: and drive down and hand the full 200 to the club :O

Furthermore, due to the small number available, purchasing will be limited to one ticket per Season Book and a maximum of two tickets per transaction (i.e. you will not be permitted to attend the ticket office with ten Season Books to purchase ten tickets).

Is it just me or is there no announcement without a bit of 'dubiety'

It's one per ST book - not multiple i.e 10 ST books - but 2 is allowed is that right.

Is it saying that you can turn up with 2 season books and get two tickets - but no more than two?

Andy - what's the chances of being able to watch the game from outside the ground? Up a tree, top of a hill, etc?

Frazzle

There is one spot near the turnstiles where maybe 10 people could squeeze in and see the game from over the wall, but I'm sure there will be a few polis around and you'd be pretty quickly moved on. Not recommended I'd say.

Yip

Only being allowed to pick up two tickets is a load of pish as well. Again this will cause more folk inconvenience if there are groups of folk wanting tickets, cause for any away games that we're getting tickets for you don't need all of you to go to Fir Park to get the tickets. Can they not give you a better limit of 4 to 6?

There will never been an "ideal" way of distributing tickets, so the club will never win.

People want to go with their friends and family, so they want to buy X tickets at the same time. If there was no limit, the tickets could get sold out quickly which means less chances for anybody way down the line in the queue.

Since the limit has been set at 2, this does put people in a difficult position. Myself and my 2 sons are ST holders, so if we wanted to go, I would want 3 tickets, but will only get 2. What son do I favour and which one do I let down? Whoever gives me most of their pocket money back gets to go? The other has to stay and help his mum dust and hoover?

Its like life, there will always be winners and loosers.

Guest JohnnyDefault
There will never been an "ideal" way of distributing tickets, so the club will never win.

People want to go with their friends and family, so they want to buy X tickets at the same time. If there was no limit, the tickets could get sold out quickly which means less chances for anybody way down the line in the queue.

Since the limit has been set at 2, this does put people in a difficult position. Myself and my 2 sons are ST holders, so if we wanted to go, I would want 3 tickets, but will only get 2. What son do I favour and which one do I let down? Whoever gives me most of their pocket money back gets to go? The other has to stay and help his mum dust and hoover?

Its like life, there will always be winners and loosers.

Are they both too wee to be dragged out their pit in the morning? if you dragged one of 'em you could (be in with a chance to) get all 3!

Are they both too wee to be dragged out their pit in the morning? if you dragged one of 'em you could (be in with a chance to) get all 3!

I could, if tickets go on sale during school holidays, weekends etc. Or just take the missus along.

The point I was making though, is that not everybody can queue with family or friends to get tickets at the same time, so there is the possibility of letting someone down. :lol:

The MST are an organised Motherwell fans movement who give thousands of pounds a year to the club, and represent the views of the core support

Off topic I know, I'm unsure as to how the Supporters' Trust is representative of the core support. Understanding of its results since inception, I'm afraid smothered by its own constitution it fails to represent these views.

With no need to wager that the numbers involved form a small percentage of our core support, I'd like to know existing membership levels of both organisations, my feeling is that numbers are similar with some an interest in both camps, dress it up how they like it - it's not excatly our core support.

OnTheFringes, you're right when you say that the Trust doesn't have the membership base to justify saying that they represent the core support in a voting sense, but every statement the Trust issues, and every action taken by the Trust, is with consideration of the views of the 'Well fan base in its entirety, and not just it's own members.

For example, on the other thread here I am hoping to champion the cause of the 'Wellboys as a MST duty, but I would doubt if there was even one Trust member within their group.

Unfortunately, this is how we are in a catch 22 situation. If you, as a 'Well fan, raise a concern with regards to the football club, the Trust will discuss it and take any action we feel to be neccesary to attempt to address it. That won't motivate you to join the Trust, as you know you'll be represented by us anyway. The real surge in membership will only come if we ever gain an elected seat on the clubs board as everyone will want a vote on it, but our chances of getting that will remain slim as long as we have so few members. Answers on a postcard for that one?

Frazzle

Exactly. I work in Newton Mearns and if I knew they were coming out tomorrow, I'd go in late, but the fact that I'll already be at work when they're suddenly put on sale means I'll have no chance of getting one.

On that note, can you go and pick up a ticket with a ST book, even if the book is not your own?

Frazzle

Do we have any idea at all when tickets will be on sale? Just be good to have a rough idea for folk wanting off work etc

Im guessing 30th or 31st.

Won't be 24th -28th, unlikely to be 29th either (1st day of mail after holidays).

That's presuming MFC dont get them before the weekend, in which case they will go on sale on monday or tuesday.

Bearing in mind Inverurie are unlikely to have a facility to make tickets, so will have ordered them from a printer of some sorts, then have to get them to MFC, presumably by post/courier at this time of year, thats my guess.

23rd or 30th is best for me!

Now all i need is a season ticket! :)