Next Seasons Squad

hammy

I've heard just this morning from someone who knows one of the two players heading to St Johnstone rather than us, he says that we were matching St Johnstone in terms of fee and salary, however we wanted to pay it in two instalments and they were willing to pay it all now, hence why Livi sold to them and not us.

We can only afford 50k in two installments? come on now,thats fuckin embarassing. And as I said earlier,a complete lack of foresight here, that Davidson boy has a lot of potential and even 1 good season in the SPL could see offers around £100k+ for him making any investment in him worthwhile

But you forget, bigger clubs use it too. How do you know that it wasn't payment up front and then if x, y or z happen then we would pay the rest. Motherwell don't want to pay out full amounts for what could, in the end turn out to be back up players when we could sign three or four more players if we can buy in instalments.

St Johnstone need the players now so have to take the risk.

Livingston would be stupid to work in that mode though, especially in their predicament

I reckon if Smith goes this Fraser boy could do the business, but we would need a backup keeper also I think which I hope isn't Krysiak. He was awful on Saturday I thought, was badly placed for both goals (although the defence didn't cover him in glory).

As for defence, if we get an offer of anywhere near what Rangers bid us last summer, I'd take it for Reynolds. He has been fantastic for us, but I think the money could be used elsewhere and I'd be more than happy with Craigan and McLean at centre half. We would need a bit of cover though but that Beevers lad would sort that if he signed.

In midfield, if we were able to keep Klimpl but lost Hughes, I'd be more than happy to pair Lasley and Klimpl in the centre, using the money previously used on Hughes to get a quality left-sided midfielder who can whip in a few crosses! Simon Lappin? I think Jim O'Brien will do a great job on the right hand side next year. That said we could do with even one more squad player for backup!

I would also really like a new striker aswell, good riddance to Sheridan, he has been nothing short of pityful in all but two or three games since he's signed, and his return has been nowhere near as good as it should be for someone of his calibre! Also, for me Sutton has been our less prolific version of Kris Boyd! You can't get a daily record under him anytime he jumps, and never effectively gets anywhere near the ball in the air and he doesn't contribute to play enough. I believe Murphy could come good, should he be given longer stints instead of four minute cameos now and then.

I thought Sheridan has made a decent contribution in his last few games, and that is what I'd expect from a youngster joining a new team i.e. improvement after he has been around his new team mates for a while. If he continued that improvement, I'd be happy to see him back next season.

I think Sutton is a better player than most think he is. He is a finisher.

My thoughts exactly, Juan. Sutton is a much better player than some give him credit for. He's not overly mobile (although he does run his ass off as much as he can) he's not got a great touch but if you get a decent ball into the box he'll be on the end of it. Cracking penalty box striker, unfortunately we just don't use him correctly at the moment. Get a left winger in and we can play proper 4-4-2 and start pinging balls across the box, then Sutton will get us plenty of goals.