Mmg Off To Celtic

Easy Target

If this article is correct then it is very disappointing. Not because McGhee is going, although personally I think that is disappointing because he is an excellent manager, but because of the way he is doing it.

To be in a Sunday paper talking in that way and already talking about taking players from Motherwell while still the Motherwell manager is shocking. I know that there are no quotes attributed to McGhee regarding the players so it may be sheer speculation on the journo's part but I don't think so. If McGhee is prepared to say what he has been quoted as saying then it shows a lack of respect for Well so it would be in character to go the extra step and mention the players he would take as well.

I don't understand the criticism of John Boyle on here. It is only right that he stay silent untill there is something to say. We should not hear anything from Boyle untill McGhee puts pen to paper with Aberdeen. The mighty Mark could learn a few lessons in that respect.

McGhee has been brilliant for Motherwell but his use of the press to further his own ambitions has been poor.

And a better post to sum this sorry episode up you'll not find.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there you go, it seems like Marky boy has finally negotiated his 'big move' – I wonder how loyal he'll be to Aberdeen? I wonder how long before the speculation starts all over again and he's all over the papers, linked with another 'big move'? Probably after his first season, just like all the clubs he's been at! Not that I blame him mind, it's just the way whorish football is these days, players are the worst – quite sickening! Just like the contempt shown by MMG in the press towards his 'current' employer.

Now I've got that off my chest, I would like to wholeheartedly thank him for the way he turned round our club when we were on our knees after Malpas. He gave us a bit of pride back, he gave us good football, he gave us a reason to buy our season tickets, he gave us credibility and (lest we forget) he gave us Europe. His leadership gave us focus and direction - our club is FAR better off today than it was before he came... and I'm very grateful!

As for his replacement I don't really care, but I want experience, I want a manager that is driven, I want proven leadership and most of all, I now want a manager that will give us loyalty! Someone who will give us long term stability and build a team with the same qualities... without the lamentable season to season mercenary merry-go-round – don't know if that's possible, but that's what I want!

And the 'Well goes marching on, on, on!

Well there you go, it seems like Marky boy has finally negotiated his 'big move' – I wonder how loyal he'll be to Aberdeen? I wonder how long before the speculation starts all over again and he's all over the papers, linked with another 'big move'? Probably after his first season, just like all the clubs he's been at! Not that I blame him mind, it's just the way whorish football is these days, players are the worst – quite sickening! Just like the contempt shown by MMG in the press towards his 'current' employer.

Now I've got that off my chest, I would like to wholeheartedly thank him for the way he turned round our club when we were on our knees after Malpas. He gave us a bit of pride back, he gave us good football, he gave us a reason to buy our season tickets, he gave us credibility and (lest we forget) he gave us Europe. His leadership gave us focus and direction - our club is FAR better off today than it was before he came... and I'm very grateful!

As for his replacement I don't really care, but I want experience, I want a manager that is driven, I want proven leadership and most of all, I now want a manager that will give us loyalty! Someone who will give us long term stability and build a team with the same qualities... without the lamentable season to season mercenary merry-go-round – don't know if that's possible, but that's what I want!

And the 'Well goes marching on, on, on!

Well said Graeme, good points and nice to have you back on the boards. Most of what you said could have applied to Spurs when Redknapp took over from Ramos eh?!!!

Mh, 300k for Clarkson, i know most wouldnt agree, but I'd personally drive him up there.

As for Leitch: Dont think he will go. afaik his kids are about to do their standart/higher grades and they didnt even go up, when Leitch was at Ross County. Dont know him too much, but I dont think he would leave his family.

Damn right as no one in their right mind would agree with you. 14 goals this season and 14 goals last season. On top of losing McCormack and Porter just where are goals likely to come from. You think for that sort of money we'd find someone better? Mental plain mental!

Fuck McGhee. Don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out. The interview in the Herald with him is nothing short of scandalous. The guy knows no limits when it comes comes to disrepecting Motherwell, his current employers as it stands at the moment.

Take Hughes if you want, he's been leaving for months anyway and hasn't kicked his own arse this season anyway. Klimpl? He was good, but I've been resigned to losing him of late anyway as is the Motherwell way of things. Clarky though? That would sicken me, and I'd like to see Boyle place a hefty tag of at leat 750k on his head. Is he worthe that? Probably not, but then Fletcher from Hibs is valued at 4 million, and Clarky's scored more this season.

We need a new guy in quickly, but hopefully Boyle has been aware McGhee has been offski ever since Strachan and Calderwood announced they were leaving, so these developments can hardly come as a shock.

Nae manager, threadbare squad the likes of us have never seen. Season ticket sales on the up? I'll crack the funnies.....

he gave us europe where his strange team choices + tactics ensured we were papped out after 1 tie without a single bit of fight, he gave us early cup exits to shite lower league teams,he gave us constant headlines about his beloved Celtic / whoring himself for any job around,and he has now left us with a squad thinner than Dick Advocaats hair. although he did give us a commanding centre half, no wait, he gave us 2 years of talking about a commanding centre half!

The guy did a good job here, 3rd place was phenomenal and some of the players + football here over the last 2 years has been great but there has been a lot of shite to go with it. And he has made a huge mistake going to the Sheep, 3rd place + regular cup finals/trophies is the LEAST those living in the 80`s bawbags will demand.

I know this may come as a surprise to some people but I'm not dancing in the streets with the departure of McGhee. Never said he was a bad manager and if ever there was a summer when we don't have time to be messing about looking for a new manager, this was it. However, what's done is done and we move on, at least it's been sorted relatively quickly (I had visions of this dragging on for weeks). As myself and others have pointed out, as soon as Strachan and Calderwood left their posts, John Boyle should have a had a wee 'BREAK GLASS' list made up. I fully expect us to invite applications, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't have at least a couple of names in mind who might be suitable. Mind you, who'd have thought an ex-Reading and Wolves manager would have applied the last time?

An interesting week lies ahead...

Mh, 300k for Clarkson, i know most wouldnt agree, but I'd personally drive him up there.

As for Leitch: Dont think he will go. afaik his kids are about to do their standart/higher grades and they didnt even go up, when Leitch was at Ross County. Dont know him too much, but I dont think he would leave his family.

I am going that way so I can drop Clarkson off if it is too much trouble for you!

As for Leitch I also don't think he will go with MM - Stick on to get the managers job from his mate JB. If he does I will him all the luck he may need it.

Mind you, who'd have thought an ex-Reading and Wolves manager would have applied the last time?

An interesting week lies ahead...

Thats what Im hoping. If Boyle could pull Mark McGhee out his arse from nowhere two years ago, whats to stop him doing a similar trick.

All this pish about wanting a manager who is loyal..... fuck that. If we can get another ambitious manager who's determined to make his stock rise and drive the club forward (like McGhee has done) then i will happily sacrafice loyalty for another 2 years of being one of the better teams in the country.

I would like to ask McGhee one thing though....... if when we have our best team fit then we are clearly the 3rd best team in the league as you say, then why are you going to the sheep??

Dont really want to start a new thread on this but just out of a matter of interest how much compensation should we be asking for MM.......

How much is the new pitch and stand work costing..... thats exactly how much I would demand, minimum I would request is £250k, really dont think he should be going on the cheap.

Fuck McGhee. Don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out. The interview in the Herald with him is nothing short of scandalous. The guy knows no limits when it comes comes to disrepecting Motherwell, his current employers as it stands at the moment.

Take Hughes if you want, he's been leaving for months anyway and hasn't kicked his own arse this season anyway. Klimpl? He was good, but I've been resigned to losing him of late anyway as is the Motherwell way of things. Clarky though? That would sicken me, and I'd like to see Boyle place a hefty tag of at leat 750k on his head. Is he worthe that? Probably not, but then Fletcher from Hibs is valued at 4 million, and Clarky's scored more this season.

We need a new guy in quickly, but hopefully Boyle has been aware McGhee has been offski ever since Strachan and Calderwood announced they were leaving, so these developments can hardly come as a shock.

Nae manager, threadbare squad the likes of us have never seen. Season ticket sales on the up? I'll crack the funnies.....

Call yourselfs supporters.Look wit mcghees done fur us n when he's linked ta his dream job wae better money and a bigger club yous kick hm oot.Good luck ta mcghee if he goes n if he stays hopefully you cin wi the so-called supporters oor!

MARK MCGHEE'S WELL ARMY!!!!!!

They may be a bigger club but better? doubt it. McGhee has stated on our day we are the 3rd best side in the league so surely a move to Aberdeen is a step down?

Would love to pump them the 3 times we play them next season

He's no good enough for Celtic, so next best thing for him is Aberdeen.

Call yourselfs supporters.Look wit mcghees done fur us n when he's linked ta his dream job wae better money and a bigger club yous kick hm oot.Good luck ta mcghee if he goes n if he stays hopefully you cin wi the so-called supporters oor!

I highly doubt Aberdeen is his dream job. Maybe Celtic, but not Aberdeen.

I think everyone is pissed off at the continous speculation week in week out of McGhees reign as manager, and the aparant lack of denial from him, but instead letting it linger and linger which, everytime, gives the impression that he would leave at any given moment. Please bear in mind i said, the given 'impression'.

:(

anyway, that'd no the point. Most supporters are angry at the way McGhee has constantly used the media to win his move elsewhere, and how he is still in the position of Motherwell manager and is talking about Mothwerwell players to join his club to be.

Also, last year he spent most of the transfer window swithering over the move to Hearts rather than looking for new players for us.

:(

Anyway - good manager, c**t of a guy.

Catch ye.

If he wants to go to Aberdeen then fine, thanks for everything and good luck. What will grate with me is if, whilst still under employment at Motherwell, he encourages Buzz, Shug and Maros to sign for another team ie Aberdeen.

If he does then he'll lose a lot of respect from me, and would be in my opinion, in breach of contract and due to be sued! It wouldn't surprise me if he does try that though, underhand though it is.

Also, last year he spent most of the transfer window swithering over the move to Hearts rather than looking for new players for us.

This has been discussed and it was all over done with by the 26th May. The transfer window wasn't open, the players were on holiday and the season wasn't long finished.

Disappointed as I am to see him move to another SPL club,, he goes with my best wishes and thanks for proving that the players Malpas had were better than their previous seasons position merited.

Hope we hammer Aberdeen everytime we meet right enough, that's not personal Mark, it's just football.

If he wants to go to Aberdeen then fine, thanks for everything and good luck. What will grate with me is if, whilst still under employment at Motherwell, he encourages Buzz, Shug and Maros to sign for another team ie Aberdeen.

If he does then he'll lose a lot of respect from me, and would be in my opinion, in breach of contract and due to be sued! It wouldn't surprise me if he does try that though, underhand though it is.

That will grate with me too, and seeing as no-one in the mainstream media sees anything wrong with everything else he says, it's unlikely they'll scrutinise this either. That was my big fear of McGhee going to Aberdeen and why I'd rather he went to the mhankies. If this is a tactic McGhee employs, and it's far from beneath him, then he should be strung up for it. Also, if he tries to pinch Clarky for anything less than 750k. McGhee knows how good he is, and has been banging on about it all season, so would be bare faced cheek of the highest order to try and get him on the cheap.

Time for a word from Boyle on everything that's been said and done by McGhee. An objective word at that.

The next few weeks for Motherwell are absolutely massive.

Never liked McGoo don't know why just some people you don't like,couldn't care less that he is of to Aberdeen and I hope it all goes horribly wrong . And if he takes 3 or 4 of our players then a lot more are going to dislike him .Can you imagine if that is the case his first visit to firpark as Aberdeen manager. :(