• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think McGhee will be with us next year....but if not I'd like to see Gary McAllister. Think he done ok with Leeds considering his hands were very much tied, and would give him the chance to prove his worth at the 'Ark.

Paul Lambert is also a consideration worth thinking about, but doubt he'd leave Colchester for us.

And as for Nijholt, I think he also has merits a mention. He done well with Telstar in Holland, and is now Asst Manager at Austrian champs Red Bull Salzburg and is working under Co Adriaanse which can only be of benefit to him. He would bring a foreign influence and dutch coaching style - plus knowledge of the Dutch market (few more Van Der Gaags out there to be had??)

And if he got the job, I think he should get Dyskstra and Vand Der Gaag onboard as his coaching staff!! :)

It's not just Celtic who have their dream line-up!

And as for Nijholt, I think he also has merits a mention. He done well with Telstar in Holland, and is now Asst Manager at Austrian champs Red Bull Salzburg and is working under Co Adriaanse which can only be of benefit to him. He would bring a foreign influence and dutch coaching style - plus knowledge of the Dutch market (few more Van Der Gaags out there to be had??)

And if he got the job, I think he should get Dyskstra and Vand Der Gaag onboard as his coaching staff!! :)

Absofuckinglutly !!!!

And if he got the job, I think he should get Dyskstra and Vand Der Gaag onboard as his coaching staff!! ;)

Don't quite get this, great player no doubt. However, how did he do well at Telstar? Did he not take them from Mid-table Dutch Second Division to nearer the bottom before parting company? And is he not one of two assistant coaches at RBS?

Not massively inspiring.

No but i actually KNOW that he's going, you's just thought that, unless u have the same or a better source than me but oh well
So you have seen a signed contract and the counter offer Burnley have made to him? Or are you just working off the BBC news story, Scotsman news story and Herald news story from earlier that says he will likely be unveiled as manager by Friday?

No but i actually KNOW that he's going, you's just thought that, unless u have the same or a better source than me but oh well

;)

Actually you're like a bit of a tit here mate. Trust me I know a tit when I see one, as I see one everytime I look in the mirror! Name your source or accept you know as much as everyone else.

On the subject of ex-'Well players who are Dutch, what about the other Big Boab....

MAASKANT READY FOR TOUGH MATCH NAC Breda boss Robert Maaskant expects an incident-filled game when his side face FC Groningen in the first of a three-match series which will decide who advances to the Europa League.

Both sides strolled through their play-off semi-final ties, against Feyenoord and FC Utrecht respectively.

Maaskant said: "Something always happens in games between NAC and FC Groningen, so in that sense it's an interesting final.

Maaskant is proud of what he has already achieved, and would love to lead his side into continental competition.

He said: "That would be an awesome achievement for a club like NAC, especially looking at the differences in budgets.

"Clearly we don't match up with the top six, certainly not structurally."

The KNVB have moved the final game of the series forward from June 3 to June 2, meaning, if needed, it will be played just two days after the second fixture.

It is a decision which Maaskant described as "ridiculous" before adding: "I think the winner of Thursday's game has a very good chance on winning the play-offs.

"After that the players will get tired and the internationals will have their minds on other games."

Matthew Amoah, Tommie van der Leegte, Kurt Elshot and Edwin de Graaf are all out, while Anthony Lurling could again receive painkilling injections to play.

For Groningen, Gibril Sankoh is suspended while Nicklas Pedersen and Oluwafemi Ajilore are injured.

Coach Ron Jans said: "The danger is that we feel too good after the win over Utrecht.

"But NAC are very difficult opponents, they're hard to beat, and they're a team that we don't really like playing against.

"When we're good we can beat them. But they can make us play badly."

Thought i saw mio at the ICT game, down the cooper end of the main stand.Or was i seeing things?

aye he was there probably just taking in the wonderfullness that is Motherwell

if only we could find a player like him!