• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly dont think MM will be leaving this close season for the following reasons....1 The Tattiemunchers would've made their move by now for him. 2 He turned down a bigger club than Aberdeen in Hearts and did say last season he received a very cold welcome to Sheepland when we were playing them away. 3 HIBS? You're having a laugh. No folks i believe we'll lose him after NEXT season to the English championship or possibly to the SFA once they dump that useless c--t George Burley. :rolleyes:

I honestly dont think MM will be leaving this close season for the following reasons....1 The Tattiemunchers would've made their move by now for him.

I think the flaw in your logic is that Celtic are clearly working their way down a list of targets and I'm sure McGhee is on that list. Maybe not high up but on it. And if they keep getting refusals, eventually they will reach his name. And you say we might lose him to a Championship club? Swansea? Even if he stays, the time spent on this speculation is creating real uncertainty...

As I said elsewhere, I'd like to see Joe Jordan, with Chris McCart as his assistant. Of course, we'd struggle to probably even match Jordans current wages, but he could see it as his last chance of a managers job and he is from Cleland (I think) so he might see it as ideal to do a couple of years at Motherwell before he retires, with McCart being his successor. Doubt it will happen though.

doubt we could match his wage demands but Steve Coppell would be amazing,what about Bruce Rioch? has done a superb job in scandinavia recently but again prob out of range. best seeing who applies for the job 1st,could be a surprise or two like MMG last time

This could be quite good for us tho, the new guy is going to have to rebuild after losing Klimpl,Smith + Hughes as well as any other possible deprtures and having a squad which would struggle to honour a team in the Tennents Sixes, so as well as the compo for MMG, Boyle is gonna have to put his hand in his pocket again like he did for MMG at the start

Craig Brown :rolleyes:

I mentioned that to my mate last night.

I would reckon that we'll try to get Leitch or McCart to take the job with either Craig Brown or Wee Tommy helping out.

Will be interesting to see who applies though. I'd never have thought McGhee would have the last time and was Walter Zenga not mentioned at the time too?

I mentioned that to my mate last night.

I would reckon that we'll try to get Leitch or McCart to take the job with either Craig Brown or Wee Tommy helping out.

Will be interesting to see who applies though. I'd never have thought McGhee would have the last time and was Walter Zenga not mentioned at the time too?

I've always liked Craig Brown, no idea why, his management post-Scotland hasnt really been great, plus he has been out it for a wee bit i think, but still think someone like him could do a turn with someone younger assissting as you have mentioned.

Not necessarily who I'd want just people I think might be interested and would be within our price range and who have done reasonably well recently.

Ian McCall, Derek McInnes, Billy Reid....

...then you are struggling....

Calderwood and Hughes will both be looking for clubs down south and Craig Brown is more or less retired now (he's 68) and can't see him wanting to take on a senior position.

Of the names mentioned, I reckon Duffy's career is on the way down and he'll not be likely to get offered an SPL gig again, and Tommy McLean for all he is a legend, his time is past.

I'm working on the assumption that Leitch is leaving with McGhee. Like a few people, I'd like to see Chris McCart feature somewhere in the club's thinking, even if only as a number 2 to a more experienced man. Ideally, we're looking at a similar set up to McGhee and Leitch. An experienced manager, not necessarily with ties to the club, assisted by someone who knows the club and how things work around the place. McCart would be my choice there, particularly as he knows most of the squad. If he's not available/affordable, I'm sure there are other ex Well players people will suggest.

As to who the more experienced man would be, sadly I don't know who's out of work and available, but I suspect John Boyle has been thinking about it for some time...