• Davie Hay (Livingston) + Young Assistant
    • Stephen Craigan (Motherwell) - Player/Manager
    • Jim Jeffries (Kilmarnock)
    • Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

Guest 'Flow

Well, we'll see what the next few days brings eh? John B has already said he is preparing for all eventualities - What I am saying is that we have not approached anyone whilst we've still got a manager.

'Flow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we'll see what the next few days brings eh? John B has already said he is preparing for all eventualities - What I am saying is that we have not approached anyone whilst we've still got a manager.

'Flow

I'd be very disappointed in Boyle if he hasn't already sounded out a few options.

Can't believe some folk are hanging on to the possibility of McGhee making a U-turn.

Get him tae fuck!

As for McCall, please no!

If that's the case, why isn't there an article on the official site denying it? All seems a bit cloak and dagger to me, on all sides. If it's a case of Ian McCalls agent claiming to have been contacting by Motherwell so that Partick Thistle give him a better contract offer, then it should be exposed as such. The lack of official denial lends credibility to his claim, whether it's true or not.

'Flow

Let's hope he's no' diggin oot his tracksuit :lol:

Guest 'Flow
If that's the case, why isn't there an article on the official site denying it? All seems a bit cloak and dagger to me, on all sides. If it's a case of Ian McCalls agent claiming to have been contacting by Motherwell so that Partick Thistle give him a better contract offer, then it should be exposed as such. The lack of official denial lends credibility to his claim, whether it's true or not.

Just wait....

Need to type it first!

I'd be very disappointed in Boyle if he hasn't already sounded out a few options.

Can't believe some folk are hanging on to the possibility of McGhee making a U-turn.

Get him tae fuck!

As for McCall, please no!

Exactly! totally agree

Sack him now. We don't have time for this crap...

Haha. Gid wan.

Sack him, lose all compensation, lose a bargaining position, forget that he never did get on mad Vlad's plane.

At the moment, he's still ours and if Aberdeen want him, they can cough up. None of the replacements mentioned (the sensible ones anyway) are anything like as good as him.

McGhee may well still technically be Motherwells manager, making his interview in the Herald even more disgusting. His position is completely untenable now and should just go now. I would like someone in the media to perhaps report how much this speculation from the minute Calderwood left has hammpered our pre season. Again! I' would also love someone to ask McGhee if he feels he has left the Motherwell first team in an acceptable condition and if Motherwell are the 3rd best team in the SPL (McGhees words) then why is he so keen to leave.

Get your money on Gary McAllister being the new boss.

Well he didnt want it last time when other lower league English clubs were interested in him and he even had a pop about not wanting to manage at a club where we had to sell every time we discovered a player who could trap a ball.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/6730057.stm

Link shows he never applied or showed any interest last time around , didnt fancy the challange

So legendary player or not, now that nobody in England wants him he can phuck off IMO

The post above about him thinking it over and giving an answer on Wednesday seems about right to me.

Now that West Brom are playing hardball with Celtic over Mowbray and Lawell is saying he won't be held to ransom I reckon MMG still thinks there is a chance he will land the Sellick job and is holding out to see what happens there.

Whatever it ain't doing us any favours and I'm getting pissed off with all the hanging about. Either say you're staying (unlikely as far as I'm concerned ) or F*** off and let us get on with it.

Come on Luc.

Well he didnt want it last time when other lower league English clubs were interested in him and he even had a pop about not wanting to manage at a club where we had to sell every time we discovered a player who could trap a ball.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ell/6730057.stm

Link shows he never applied or showed any interest last time around , didnt fancy the challange

So legendary player or not, now that nobody in England wants him he can phuck off IMO

I will second that! Don't diss the Well - it may come back to haunt you!

what,s the point on holding onto a manager, who, by all accounts, wants away. if he stayed i feel it would not be good for mfc & its fans as a reluctant manager is a waste of space not having his complete focus on our team. time is getting short & this has dragged on long enough. managers come & go fans are here forever MON THE WELL

If his mind is made up, then nothing JB can say will change that.

If he ends up staying(and I don't for a second think that he will), it will be because he wants to stay, and as such he will continue to get my support.

IMO the only thing that can stop him now is if Aberdeen aren't willing to meet our compensation demands.

Garry Mac was only telling the truth! He would be forced to sell a player who could trap a ball, i also remember him saying it was hard for him not to take the job at fir park as he has a lot of emotional connection to the club; he also stated he painted every seat in the Odonnell or East if i remember correctly.

As for McGhee he should go asap and stop messing us around.

He has been here for only two seasons yet he has applied for Scotland/almost been Hearts boss and now this, enough is enough, thanks and all, but do us a favour and please leave.

Reading between the lines I subscribe to the train of thought that McGhee is waiting to see exactly what happens with the Mowbray saga.

If that is the case, I wouldn't be too happy if I were an Aberdeen fan. Despite the sentimental attachment he discussed at the weekend, he doesn't seem overly enthusiastic about heading up there.

I have enjoyed our 2 years under Mark McGhee but I am absolutely preying that he does leave us now!!!

There no point at all in him staying. He doesnt want to be at Well and even if this moves falls through how long before he is whoreing himself for another vacancy?

I have no problem at all with a manager that wants to better himself and move onwards and upwards. But I would prefer someone who is 100% focused on well whilst acheiving the move.

McGhee has had one eye on the vacant jobs front from the instant he got here.

Time to go.

Bring on Nijholt, McCart dream-team

I think McGhee is only interested in getting the Celtic job in the short term or in the long term if goes to Aberdeen first. I believe that this was the reason he didn't take the Hearts job last summer as he felt as if he did a poor job there it would scupper his chances of going to Parkhead whenever that chance came along.

As for our next manager i would like to see Gary McCallister or Craig Brown who should both have links to various clubs that we could get players from.

Glad to see John Boyle confirming on the official site that no approach has been made for Ian McCall , and that he has no intention of speaking to him .

Really don't think he would be the man to take us forward .

Bizzarely though, thanks to the weird way the Dutch league works, that 17th position has taken them to the playoffs, while the other spots in prior years did not.

I haven't had time to research why.

In case anybody is interested, it's because you qualify for the play-off if you win one of mini-leagues that take place. So you can finish 17th, but if you have a good run over a 6 game period, you can still qualify for the play-offs.

"The competition is divided into six periods (Dutch: periode) of six matches each. The winner of each period (Dutch: periodekampioen) qualifies for the playoffs at the end of the season. If the winner of a period has already won a prior period in the season, the second placed team in the period is awarded the playoff slot. If the second placed team has also won a prior period, no winner is called, and the playoff slot is decided by league standing at the end of the season."

And I thought the split was too complicated :whistling:

Glad to see John Boyle confirming on the official site that no approach has been made for Ian McCall , and that he has no intention of speaking to him .

Really don't think he would be the man to take us forward .

Thank God for that. Was nearly greetin when I read we had approached him.

Re McGhee... if Celtic dont get Mowbray, I think we should up our compensation quote a bit for McGhee as they appear to be struggling for suitable candidates... supply and demand and all that.