• Craig Brown (None) + Young Assistant
    • Davie Hay (Livingston) + Young Assistant
    • Stephen Craigan (Motherwell) - Player/Manager
    • Jim Jeffries (Kilmarnock)
    • Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

Part of the Coppells team at Reading which was a relatively successful time for Reading, preivous to that he was with Pardew, but he's never been the main man. Unless he had a ton of contacts don't think Motherwell would be the job for him to go it alone. That said a UEFA Pro Licence is nothing to be sniffed at.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spoke to Kevin Dillons son today and his dads agent sent away his CV yesterday for the vacant motherwell job. Hes asked me to try and drum up some support from the motherwell fan base.

Kevin_Dillon_(footballer) - Link to his wiki site

you're clearly starting the campaign just cause you want comps to every match when you get back from hicksville usa.

"It's a very queer way you have of looking at things, John Hughes "almost" got Falkirk relegated. Why not tell us what John Hughes actually DID, rather than what he didn't do. John Hughes kept an almost penniless Falkirk side in the SPL"

As has been mentioned earlier, Falkirk are far from penniless. There is nothing queer about it, i stand by the statement 'John Hughes almost got Falkirk relegated'. Every single Falkirk fan would of sacrificied the cup final to stay in the SPL.

They did stay in the SPL, and got to the Cup Final, and qualified for Europe. Falkirk fans don't have to sacrifice anything. Do you think the record books are going to show Falkirk as "almost relegated" especially when they finished 10th out of 12. (If there was an award for almost relegated St Mirren would be claiming that prize)

No, the record books, and John Hughes CV, will show that he kept them in the SPL, got them into the Scottish Cup Final, and qualified for Europe. For a club of Falkirk's stature, that's a hell of a treble.

"People talk about Scotland but there’s not many teams you’d leave Bohemians to go manage in Scotland for" ^_^:evilgrin::D

Not that daft from his perspective, really... Bohemians are regular challengers for the domestic league and cups, and often qualify for Europe. Come and manage most of the teams and the SPL, and you're battling for mid-table mediocrity and the occasional lucky cup run most years, albeit in front of an extra couple of thousand people a week.

We need a new man at the helm asap. Someone with a bit of experience of the lower english leagues could be good and maybe pick up a few little gems like Porter was. Gary Mac fits the bill and with his contact at the likes of Liverpool maybe we could be a club that they send some of their young boys to for first team experience. Hopefully the manager will actually play them instead of them getting splinters from sitting on the bench all season long like Mutley did with the guys from Birmingham last season.

They did stay in the SPL, and got to the Cup Final, and qualified for Europe. Falkirk fans don't have to sacrifice anything. Do you think the record books are going to show Falkirk as "almost relegated" especially when they finished 10th out of 12. (If there was an award for almost relegated St Mirren would be claiming that prize)

No, the record books, and John Hughes CV, will show that he kept them in the SPL, got them into the Scottish Cup Final, and qualified for Europe. For a club of Falkirk's stature, that's a hell of a treble.

Yeah, your actually spot on...

And going by that Mo Malpas must of done a good job keeping us in the SPL cos we finished in ten place. Into the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup AND League Cup What a season...What a manager!!! The record books must show you done ok Maurice, on yerself!

It strikes me that people are now bored after an initial frenzy of speculation and the appointment of a new manager will be greeted with "Oh, it's him, ho hum". Which is quite sad really...

I've kept out of a lot of the detailed debate Melvin, although it has been fascinating to track. Several reasons for that I guess. Firstly almost all of the names mentioned don't excite me, petrify me or are simply unrealistic (a few other folk have said this to me) and secondly there's a fair chance, like you've said, that the eventual successful candidate will be someone unexpected; a dark horse if you will.

Ive already came to the conclusion that "the lip" is just an extravagant wind up artist. Theres no way the pish he posts is serious and if it is, he has no idea about football.

I think he's Jim Jeffries.

He's a torn faced bastard any time he's on and is constantly trying to put Jeffires name forward as our new boss.

I'm bored now. Just give me a nudge when the new guy starts...........

I said as much yesterday...

It strikes me that people are now bored after an initial frenzy of speculation and the appointment of a new manager will be greeted with "Oh, it's him, ho hum". Which is quite sad really...

:wallbash::evilgrin:

JB has said we won't have a new manager by the time the Europa cup kicks off.

Has he somebody in mind that won't be available for a couple of weeks yet ??

Who would fit that bill ??

Stuart Pearce would possibly be available after the Under 21 competition in Sweden (?)

Might be looking to get back into club management. There's the one from left field that everbody's talking about.

Lets keep this idea going and see if Keevins does his usual journalistic homework and has an exclusive about Pearce seen at Fir Park.

<_<:thumbup:

:thumbup::evilgrin:

JB has said we won't have a new manager by the time the Europa cup kicks off.

Has he somebody in mind that won't be available for a couple of weeks yet ??

Who would fit that bill ??

Stuart Pearce would possibly be available after the Under 21 competition in Sweden (?)

Might be looking to get back into club management. There's the one from left field that everbody's talking about.

Lets keep this idea going and see if Keevins does his usual journalistic homework and has an exclusive about Pearce seen at Fir Park.

<_<:thumbup:

Time for a new Poll i think :notworthy: Sum people may have a new favourite