• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you've been scouring "The fox and hound" etc for information, as it's more than we've been given to go on up here!

Nijholt, or McAllister were/are my preferred choices. Sanchez surely can't be sniffed at, and that article seems to rate the man Gannon pretty highly. I don't know. If we got any of them, we surely couldn't moan that much? Could we? All woul have their pros and cons. Staunton would be the one I would receive least favourably.

What I will moan about though is if this drags on any longer than the 2 week "official leaving date" anniversary of lying shovelface mcsheepymehs departure......

What I will moan about though is if this drags on any longer than the 2 week "official leaving date" anniversary of lying shovelface mcsheepymehs departure......

Prepare to moan then. I reckon this Friday will mark the 2 weeks. And I don't see anyone being in place by then...

2 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of an interview process. If they intereviewed say, 8 people in round 1 and invited 3 back for a second interview, there's 11 days gone already (assuming you could do the interviews on consecutive days).

I'm not so sure sanchez is the favourite here, we all remember last time when McGhee basically emerged from no where and got the job, i'm kind of hoping its a similar situation this time around with Jim Gannon - he would do us wonders!

Btw I would not be suprised if Gannon was our new manager within the next few weeks! He does seem the better choice rather than most of the other Ego-maniacs who have "applied" or linked themselves with the job! I wouldn't mind a Nijholt/Craggs combo! But pleeeease not Sanchez or Gaz Mac or Staunton or even friggin Ivan Golac for that!!

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but I would hope for the sake of preparing for the new season, it was done quicker than that...

Same mate, but the way things are going and with our first game 8 days away its looking more than likely that Craigan will be in charge up until the 9th at the lastest i hope!

My main concerns about Sanchez would be possibly the style of football (maybe we are unfarily maligning him for his Crazy Gang past) plus it would be a wee bit short term-ish i.e. he'd be pants, get us relegated and get punted, or he does well and he's aff next season., his career aspirations may be even loftier than Muttleys. Nijholt would still be my preference although I'm warming more and more to McCallister as time goes on. Both guys who know the club, Nijholt good on the youth side, McCallister on contacts/getting signings in on the strength of his reputation as a player. As for the nobodies from the North East, nae thanks.... But I'm getting to the twitchy stage in terms of getting someone in, you canny put a price on continutity of coaching methods, getting to know the squad pre-season, getting though the qualifiers in Europe. Or maybe you can and it's £1M+ of deid TV revenue...?

My main concerns about Sanchez would be possibly the style of football (maybe we are unfarily maligning him for his Crazy Gang past) plus it would be a wee bit short term-ish i.e. he'd be pants, get us relegated and get punted, or he does well and he's aff next season., his career aspirations may be even loftier than Muttleys.

That's a good point actually.

Nijholt and McAllisters names seem to be getting mentioned less and less in the papers now though. Except perhaps only to say they are no longer in the running.

I have only dipped in and out this thread and missed a lot so sorry if it's been discussed but heres a question - if we don't have someone in charge by Thursday, who will manage the team?

I know that's not likely to be an issue but hypothetically speaking does the baton automatically get passed to anyone? Would it be Craggs or one of the youth coaches?

I have only dipped in and out this thread and missed a lot so sorry if it's been discussed but heres a question - if we don't have someone in charge by Thursday, who will manage the team?

I know that's not likely to be an issue but hypothetically speaking does the baton automatically get passed to anyone? Would it be Craggs or one of the youth coaches?

Think it will be Craggs mate and there has been some talk of Gordon Young the Youth Coach helping out.

Don't think it will come to that. I think we will have our new man by then.

Think it will be Craggs mate and there has been some talk of Gordon Young the Youth Coach helping out.

Don't think it will come to that. I think we will have our new man by then.

Thought as much. I actually don't mind the idea of Craggs taking charge. At least he knows the team and the way we play, someone brand new coming in with so little time to prepare might rock the boat a little. It would be a good laugh anyway, possibly the most un-prepared European campaign in the history of football. <_<

If we are going down the 'nae money' path, Sbragia actually has a decent record of working of developing youth team players (including guys like Darren Fletcher, according to wiki). Would be a risk, though.

How would it be a risk, Ricky Sbragia is one of the best coaches in Britain if not Europe. That, however, is where his talent begins and ends, he's not a motivator, he's not a man manager, and that's why he's no longer a manager. Employing Sbragia as a coach would be a coup, not a risk.

Nijholt, now there's a risk.

When McGhee left, we should've withdrew from Europe. It is just a massive inconvenience of the highest order in which we are more than likely going to be prepared for in the most amatuerish way possible. We won't attract any players, let alone a higher calibre, on the back of it, it forces the players back from last season far too early risking burnout later on in the year, and serves no purpose other than the opportunity for fans to travel to and get pissed in a different place. Which as much as it's good fun, it has no importance in the grand scheme of things whatsoever. And just like Nancy last year, there appears to be ticket problems again.