• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another couple of names i have thought of brian mcclair or even paul lambert i dont care who we get as long as they do a job for the well at the end of the day this is all speculation :)

Nae chance of Brian McClair. He's Head of Academy at Manchester United last time I checked.

IF McGhee does go, would we not be entitled to a fair ammount of compensation as he's still under contract?

I think, if he were to go (which I'm not saying he will) we would be due a fair amount of compo seeing as he signed a bumper contract at the beginning of the season. If he took Leitch with him also, which he very well may do, we would be compensated handsomely for his bumper contract also.

I think the fact its a team in the same league would also boost the sum a little, but even at this we would still end up with a pittance of a fee. :)

I fancy Jeffries would be an extremely unpopular appointment if it were to happen. Aint no-one I've ever talked to thought he was anything other than a complete tit. And that includes Kilmarnock fans.

Wouldn't we be due some comp for McGhee??? If he were to join Aberdeen?

I wouldn't imagine them stumping up the cash but mind you I wouldnt be surprised. I don't see why he would go there, he isn't really making a step up. He would be tempted by the tic but I'm sure they will appoint a "big name" like Steve Bruce, Tony Mowbary or perhaps make a dream team of Hartson and Lennon. :lol:

When the time comes for McGhee to part ways I'm sure it will not to go to another SPL club.

Should the lack of denial from the club('Flow, Leeane apparently monitor the boards often) be of concern?

They have been quick in the past to answer threads.

What the fuck should flow or dempster deny?

McGhee has only been implied by journalists and bookies. Nothing official from anyone about either job. I dont see the Dundee United board, Burnley board etc etc denying anything either.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist. If he go's he go's. It'll be a shame but I'de rather he went to the peadodrome than Aberdeen. Celtic aren't really in competition with us, and will be looking at better calibre players. If he go's to Aberdeen though there would be a good chance he would want some of our players as well.

I hope Mark McGhee is still our manager come the new season but incase something were to happen I would like to see Paul Lambert at FP.

He was the kind of player you would want in your team hard working, team player, honest and he has excellent experience as a player.

As a manager I don't think his record is that bad. Livingston was always going to be a difficult job and he got the players there fighting for every point. He had inherited a bad situation there.

At Wycombe he only resigned because they lost out on promotion. No huge failure there. He may not set the heather on fire but I think he would be a safe pair of hands.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist. If he go's he go's. It'll be a shame but I'de rather he went to the peadodrome than Aberdeen. Celtic aren't really in competition with us, and will be looking at better calibre players. If he go's to Aberdeen though there would be a good chance he would want some of our players as well.

That's my sentiments also. I'd much rather he went to Celtic than Aberdeen cos if it's the sheepy-mehs I fully expect him to come back for Clarky, Klimpl and Hughes!!!!

Whatever happens, I hope it's resolved quickly. No doubt McGhees head has been turned slightly by the recent vacancies at Aberdeen and Celtic, possibly diverting his attention away from the task in hand at Fir Park. Just like last season. And just like last season, even if he stays, sufficient bodies may not be drafted in time and another slow start, again with possible European distractions, beckons again!

Or it'll all be fine! One or the other.