• Craig Brown (None) + Young Assistant
    • Davie Hay (Livingston) + Young Assistant
    • Stephen Craigan (Motherwell) - Player/Manager
    • Jim Jeffries (Kilmarnock)
    • Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

I'm getting there too. I think we'd need to find the right assistant, someone who knows the current Scottish football scene. But with that proviso, I'm finding myself more in love with the idea as time goes on. Go on, JB, give the people what they want. You can blame us if it goes tits up...

If Nijholt fancies it, I imagine he'd be looking to team up with the likes of McCart or Boyd.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would love to see luc get the job it would be a really popular choice with the fans and im sure give everybody at the club a lift.successful managers like adrianse and van gaal dont pick duds to work with them so luc must have something about him.the transfer market in scotland is dead right now so to get somebody with knowledge in europe would be a big plus he might even find us a classy defender like he was for us.a management team of luc and mccart would be good and with stevie kirk and wee dougie back at the club now all legends together come on you know it makes sense boyle :whistling:

I wouldn't dismiss Nijholt out of hand, but according to Wiki, if you look at Telstar's league stats during his reign they are, at best, less than average.

Have a look at Bobby Williamson et al managerial stats and I guarentee you they wont be any better. Its time for Motherwell to take a 'risk' if you could call it that. Personally I think he is the ideal candidate for the job.

Luc with an experienced No2 who knows current Scottish football scene.

Malpas anyone ????

<_<:wub:

Seriously if we could get somebody to work with Luc I would be happy with that.

Anybody but the Burrows/Elder "dream team" somebody proposed further up the page.

Wonder how many of the Bob Malcolm loyal would take to Lennon?

For what it's worth, I think it'd be an interesting appointment, the guy is clearly looking to get into management and will have some brilliant connections for us to exploit.

Chance our arm and approach Kevin Keegan. I'd fully expect he'd come back and say along the lines of, "Motherwho??". In which case, i've been convinced by the Nijholt brigade. My thinking being that i'd rather it went tits up with there having been a chance of success, as opposed to a guaranteed tits up under McCall, Williamson et all.