• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he will be wanted or come here in a million years. People are just putting 2 and 2 together given that Mark Venus and Peter Grant will be coming to sheltic with Mowbary. Lennon already stated he's staying with the tims and that is what will happen. Does anyone really think after all the stick he would want to come to Fir Park, never mind would Boyle want him... I suppose u never know in football <_<

Wonder how many of the Bob Malcolm loyal would take to Lennon?

For what it's worth, I think it'd be an interesting appointment, the guy is clearly looking to get into management and will have some brilliant connections for us to exploit.

Likewise it would be interesting to see how many of the Bob Malcolm haters would take to Lennon <_<

But it won't happen, as Lennon has already said that he will remain at Parkhead as part of the new management team, so this is a non starter.

What we don't need is another manager trying to make a name for himself and then move on, be it Neil Lennon or anyone else. I believe we should look for someone with experience. A Tommy McLean or some one like that, who is on noboby else'e radar, and would be happy to stay with Motherwell for a few seasons to get some stability back. This changing managers every season or so is hopeless for continuety, and for attracting players.

How about having an experienced assistant – such as wee tommy mclean and then giving the gig to either steven craigan or steven pressley

Or what about Tommy McLean in a 'Director of Football/General Manager' type role with a 'Head Coach' working underneath him?

Hughes out of the running. Also posted on the Other Football page.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ian/8089954.stm

Not crushed by this. All this means is that we're now competing with Falkirk rather than Hibs for managers who're willing to come to the SPL. And being honest with you, probably suits us better...

For me the stand out candidate who we might actually be able to afford is Stuart Baxter. Now theres an argument that he might be happy with Finland, but...........if he submitted his CV it would blow all other likely candidates out the water.

His contact's in `world football` and his knowledge of youth football are second to none.

As my gran used to say, `It's time he came home from his wanderings and settled down`.

Get on the blower Flow and tell Boyle to give him a phone.

a.unproven

b. awbag

d. Bigoted c**t

d. Neil Lennon

e. Half of our team has already booted fuck out him

f.anny

g.imp

h.eart wouldnt be at motherwell

i. dont like him

j.ai ho

k.unt

l.ove tae smash him

m.on the well

n. ever will he grace the claret and amber

o.ver my dead body

p.iss off

q. ueens english

r. you fuckin kiddin me

s.hite

t.im

u.gly gengy

v.ukin wanker

w.e are the motherwell fc, we hate the hearts and we hate dundee

x.-ray daft after im done!

y.ou'll never walk again

z.un of a beetch

For me the stand out candidate who we might actually be able to afford is Stuart Baxter. Now theres an argument that he might be happy with Finland, but...........if he submitted his CV it would blow all other likely candidates out the water.

Without wishing any ill on the guy, I assumed he'd retired when he hadn't already been linked with the Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs jobs...

a.unproven

b. awbag

d. Bigoted c**t

d. Neil Lennon

e. Half of our team has already booted fuck out him

f.anny

g.imp

h.eart wouldnt be at motherwell

i. dont like him

j.ai ho

k.unt

l.ove tae smash him

m.on the well

n. ever will he grace the claret and amber

o.ver my dead body

p.iss off

q. ueens english

r. you fuckin kiddin me

s.hite

t.im

u.gly gengy

v.ukin wanker

w.e are the motherwell fc, we hate the hearts and we hate dundee

x.-ray daft after im done!

y.ou'll never walk again

z.un of a beetch

26 reasons why i dont think he should manage us

Last time out, before McGhee applied, I was keen on Luc to be given the job. This time round I think he should be the first choice and if he can't get Boyd,McCart or Rob Matthaei, who assisted him at Telstar in we should definitely try to get Craig Brown or Tommy McLean in with him. I would be delighted with that.

Just abvout all other names mentioned other than McAllister, Calderwood or Gannon would pretty much ensure I wont be back while they are there.