• Craig Brown (None) + Young Assistant
    • Davie Hay (Livingston) + Young Assistant
    • Stephen Craigan (Motherwell) - Player/Manager
    • Jim Jeffries (Kilmarnock)
    • Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

If MMG goes, I would absolutely love John Collins to take over! Think he could be sensational for the young guys coming through.

No way that'd happen. Top of the wanted list at Monaco and with him still having his pad there I'm sure he'll be a shoe in for it if he wants it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from my mums neighbours sisters pet rabbit that we have become a feeder club for Man Utd and that Fergie himself will be stepping down at Old trafford to come up here and take charge of the Well. This will allow players like Ronaldo to get some top experience outside the Premiership without having to go to Real Madrid.

If this is not denied by either Flow or Miss Dempster by midnite tonight then it must be true :lol:

I'd fucking hate it if we were to appoint Jim Jeffries.

Torn faced wanker.

Me too!!!

I know we have a tight budget but surely we can do alot better than Hughes, Jeffries and so forth. Well McGhee's not even out the door yet, lets hope it stays that way.

Guest 'Flow
Cue a denial by 'Flow at 00:01!

Close.... 00:11 :unsure:

In all seriousness, if you can call it that, the poster who said earlier that neither Leeann or I (or anyone else at Motherwell) could comment on what is, at this stage at least, media speculation is quite correct.

Similar to last summer with the whole Hearts thing - It is just a case of waiting to see what happens.

Just wish we could have a quiet summer for once... Always seems like it's one thing after another at Fir Park.

'Flow

In all seriousness if you listen to Tango Jimmy's interview then he makes it really clear that the reason he left is because the board are wanting him to take the club higher still and with less of a budget. Hopefully Mcghee doesn't see this as an attractive option. Milne has put fuck all money in up there, at least Boyle is willing to dip his hand in his pocket and help out with wages for bigger names.

Celtic? Think they will go for a furriner!

My fear if McGhoo does go is we get another hit and run merchant, and the season end saga goes on, same shit different name.

I would plump for Mio and Softy, good guys, good football guys and just as Important good Motherwell men.

The squad we have right now is not the best, and with Klimpl, Hughes and Buzz all looking to be leaving we need to start building up a squad again and giving the young guys a real go, the player budget will be buttons given the stadium work needed, the club needs guys who are committed to MFC and are prepared to see the job through, the last thing we want is another CV builder.

Just my thoughts.

I would plump for Mio and Softy, good guys, good football guys and just as Important good Motherwell men.
I really don't care if a manager is a "Motherwell man". McLean and McGhee weren't and have, for me, done well. Davie Hay was another guy who did a good job and Butcher managed our time going through administration exceptionally well.

If we do need a new boss, give me someone with a good CV any day of the week.

Close.... 00:11 ^_^

In all seriousness, if you can call it that, the poster who said earlier that neither Leeann or I (or anyone else at Motherwell) could comment on what is, at this stage at least, media speculation is quite correct.

Similar to last summer with the whole Hearts thing - It is just a case of waiting to see what happens.

Just wish we could have a quiet summer for once... Always seems like it's one thing after another at Fir Park.

'Flow

It wouldn't be Motherwell if we got a quiet season on the managerial front. ^_^

I'd take Gary Mac.

Maybe not really done the business as a manager so far but he would have the club, players and fans at heart.

They should just appoint me then, I'd have the club at heart and I'd be cheaper.

And LMA stats show the win ratio between former international players and managers who have no experience as players at the top level is only 1% in favour of the former internationals, i.e virtually insignificant.

So it's decided, I'm the new Motherwell manager

I think it will be either Steve Coppell, Chris McCart, Luc Nijholt. Paul Lambert, Craig Brewster, Jimmy Calderwood, Derek Adams, Scott Leitch, Gary McAllistair, Bobby Williamson, George Burley, Tom Boyd, Tommy Coyn, Hugh Keevins, Jim Duffy, Ally McCoist, Tommy Sheridan, Eric Black, Tony Adams, Gareth Southgate or Susan Boyle.

Mind you it could still be Mark McGhee.

Who Knows!

C'mon the Well

It could be a Kampmann and IceRink dream team!

I just hope it gets sorted out quickly.

I still believe that we were behind on transfers going into last season as McGhee spent too long pondering getting on a plane.

This season we should have Europe to deal with as well so we have to be prepared for the start of the season a month earlier than usual.

I like Mark McGhee , but I don't think the majority of us are stupid enough to think that he won't view the Celtic job as a mouth watering prospect. Would it be disrespectful to draw up a shortlist of replacements should McGhee state his interest? I don't think so.

He's no a good manager. But if you like him then fair enough. Get on the blower to Boyle.

TERRY BUTCHERS MOTHERWELL ARMY.. ^_^

He IS a good manager...you cant deny that...Like I cant deny a ceratin player DOES have a decent golscoring record...despite being gash!

I would hapily take TB back... I often have this argument with my good friends Stall....I dont think Gary Mac would take it....and Wee Jim is tied up in commitee matters...so who are the other candidates?