• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive played aginst Adams, ive played against a team managedby Adams and trust me if thats what were wanting to take us forward we will get nowhere!

Mourin-Hoe, as someone who appears to have played at a reasonable level, from a players perspective, who do you think will capture the imagination and respect of the Well players? My guess would be that McCallister would certainly provide the wow factor for the players.

While I reckon folk might object, you have a point. There are probably a few Nijholt voters who have switched allegiances to McAllister given he's expressed an interest (how many of the A.N. Other votes are actually Gary Mac votes?). It would also be interesting to see where the Scott Leitch and John Hughes votes would now go. I hve a feeling it might not be quite so cut and dreid for Nijholt now.

As I've said to others, I reckon all it will tell us is how the web-enabled Well fans are feeling. I reckon we'll probably find ourselves with a manager whose name hasn't even featured on this thread, a figure right out of leftfield...

Yeah, my vote was originally for Brown, but having second thoughts and going towards Nijholt or Mac, with Mac edging it.

I'd take Gary Mac. In the press article (if you can believe it) Luc says he would only take the job if we "match his amibtions" and also mentions he wants cash to spend. Even if we meet the former, we don't have any cash to give him, so that would likely be a deal breaker.

I imagine Gary Mac is more in tune with the Scottish game at the moment too.

Yeah, my vote was originally for Brown, but having second thoughts and going towards Nijholt or Mac, with Mac edging it.

I have changed too. My original vote was A.N Other (representing Paul Lambert) but as he has ruled himself out I am between Luc and Macca. If Craig Brown came with McAllister then that would sway it for me, but I think that would be heavy on the wage bill.

In the press article (if you can believe it) Luc says he would only take the job if we "match his amibtions" and also mentions he wants cash to spend. Even if we meet the former, we don't have any cash to give him, so that would likely be a deal breaker.

I read the bit about matching his ambitions written by the journalist but couldn't find a quote to match it. He talks about working with young players and it depending on what the club wants to achieve, that's the only bit that sounds vaguely similar. There's no mention of wanting money to spend that I can find...

What do you perceive as being daft about that?

Don't see anything daft at all in it per se.

There current standing in the game does make either particuarly big fish. Sure Brown is experienced and a former national team coach but his record in club management is nowt special and he been away from the sharp end since he left Preston. McAllister not that long sacked by Leeds and his interupted time at Coventry wasn't setting the heather alight.

McAllister in particular has much to prove and if Brown wants day to day involvement in professional fitba then I doubt he innundated with options.

How they work as a team is another matter I wouldn't care to speculate on.

I read the bit about matching his ambitions written by the journalist but couldn't find a quote to match it. He talks about working with young players and it depending on what the club wants to achieve, that's the only bit that sounds vaguely similar. There's no mention of wanting money to spend that I can find...
Aye, the direct quotes seem a little thin on the ground. I read "But a little bit of cash for experienced players would help too" as meaning he was looking for a club with a budget after his financial constraints in his prior job. I thought I had read a similar thing in a different report, but I might be misremembering.

Either way, I'd take Gary Mac over Luc for a variety of reasons.

Aye, the direct quotes seem a little thin on the ground. I read "But a little bit of cash for experienced players would help too" as meaning he was looking for a club with a budget after his financial constraints in his prior job. I thought I had read a similar thing in a different report, but I might be misremembering.

Either way, I'd take Gary Mac over Luc for a variety of reasons.

I wouldn't read more into that comment than, "I've noticed the squad is a bit thin, there is cash to bring in a few players isn't there? I'm not being landed with the current 14 or 15 under contract players and a bundle of youths and expected to keep the team competative?"

Rather than say expecting a few hundred grand to on transfer fees on top.

Just how I read it anyway.

The fact it's never going to happen. It's clearly a nonsense rumour, hence daft.

Ah Right, you mean far fetched. Yeah it is a rumour, the fella that posted i think has said that. But in terms of it working i dont think its daft. Albeit they are relatively big fish as someone has already said, but when you think about it; does Brown want to be a number one at his age? Would the Motherwell number 2 position be a nice little job for him at this stage in his life. And Gary McAllister has already stated his interest.

I can see how the press and any rumours would stick these two names together. But aside from the far fetched feeling of it, it would be a good line up in my opnion.

He did mention money but in the context of 1 or 2 experienced guys to bring along the youngsters, It sounded like he felt he was hampered at Telstar as their budget was so tiny, he brought through youngsters but didnt have any experienced/leader types to help further.

But wether it was actual cash for a transfer or some money for an old head maybe he knows from a previous club for a season loan he isnt looking for stupid amounts, just a modest wage/fee to help out with 1 or 2 guys.

Both Macca and Nijholt have been covered in articles over the weekend whereby the heading suggests they'd move on condition of funds. If you look at the two articles though - Nijholt apparently refers to commitment to a youth policy where Macca apparently refers to needing setanta money

Both Macca and Nijholt have been covered in articles over the weekend whereby the heading suggests they'd move on condition of funds. If you look at the two articles though - Nijholt apparently refers to commitment to a youth policy where Macca apparently refers to needing setanta money

That's how I read it as well, big man. Thing is, I have symnpathy for McAllister. He might have been looking at our squad thinking "Aye, that's no bad..." then heard Sheepy McShovelface say he left because we needed to sell a couple of players. He's entitled to ask the question so he knows what he'll have to work with. Some people will call him all sorts for even mentioning it. He's just doing his research...