• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard from two folk this morning that Neil Lennon is on the list so far with Gary Mac and Chris McCart. Could be the usual run of the mill rumour you get at these times, or possibly could be something in it. Anyone heard anything similar?

Wouldnt want any of them. Wouldnt mind Calderwood, Nijholt...maybe even Craig Broon, but Gary Mac and McCart fill me with no confidence whatsoever, and LENNON? F*ck sake!!!!

Guest 'Flow
Don't know if it's been mentioned but Macca and Luc have been spotted in Fir Park just now.

:lol:

Not that I need too confirm but they're not!

Interviews wouldn't even be conducted at Fir Park anyway...

'Flow

Said it before, I've had a feeling in my water about Lennon well before McGhee departed.

According to the news this mornign he is to take on the role previously occupied by Willie McStay. Sounded like a bit of a demotion to me so you never know.

Don't even go there, Lobey. Have we lot learned from the last ginger guy we appointed as manager before he had any management experience...? Not that I wish to seem anti-ginger...

If it comes down to Luc or Gary Mac I would go with Luc.

MacAllister shot himself in the foot after his comments the last time as far as I'm concerned and now that he has had a not too successful spell with Leeds he has decided he wants to come back to HIS TEAM.

Luc on the other hand is making the right noises as far as I'm concerned talking about working with young players and helping them develop.

We like to think on here that we have a good youth system in place so why not let somebody with a good record with young players have a shot at it.

He is also talking about bringing his family back to Scotland if he gets the right job ( totally the opposite to Muttley who still kept his house and family in Brighton ).

I say give the guy a chance.

Mon the Dossers.

See I would have to disagree on the workings of such a pairing. Too much money that we don't have being spunked away on two salaries (which would need to be generous at least to get these two interested) for two people with questionable records at club management.

I just don't see Craig Brown thinking that being assistant manager at Motherwell with hee-haw in terms of resources as being an attractive proposition at his age.

I also believe Gary Mac has ideas above his station in terms of what he expects to be offered and would balk at coming here with fuck all money and a paper thin squad.

Yeah, fair points Eddie, it is another way of looking at it, or indeed the only factual way of looking at it! I tend to let me heart rule my head when it comes to appointing new managers, if i was on the board we would be fucked! :lol: . but thankfully im just a diddy on the net!

I don't know if Craig Brown would be looking for a massive salary (he has his pension after all :lol: ). And being a number two means that he doesn't need to worry too much about the resources at his disposal as it's not his name on the line.

For what it's worth, if we appoint from outwith Scottish football be it Gannon, McAllister, Nijholt or someone else, I reckon we would be better with an assistant who has at least had one eye on the Scottish game recently. Not saying Craig Brown would be my first choice, but I can see why he'd appeal...

I would be very happy with either Gary Mac or Luc Nijholt. Neil Lennon? C'mon tae fuck. I've already stated my opinion of that unmentionable before, but safe to say if him or fatty Hartsons (whose name I saw mentioned in one paper today) were to be appointed, I wouldn't be back at Fir Park. Well, I would be back. Once. Then I wouldn't be allowed back in even if I wanted to.

I will support Airdrie if Adams is named manager................. :lol:

You can't come on this forum and swear like that. That is an absolute horrendous statement to make. I don't want Adams to be the manager but if Saddam Hussein came back from the dead to take over as well gaffer I would never contemplate supportin A*****e. :lol::notworthy:

And a wouldn't even joke about it either

Notice the BBC is stating that we won't have a manager in for pre-season training. Not surprising given Boyle's earlier statement, but disappointing nonetheless. To me (and to most people I spoke to), it was fairly clear McGhee was going last weekend. Surely the club could have made subtle enquiries between now and then. I don't want a rushed appointment but neither can we afford to drag our feet. There's a middle ground somewhere. When are we expecting to announce the new manager, anyone heard???

You can't come on this forum and swear like that. That is an absolute horrendous statement to make. I don't want Adams to be the manager but if Saddam Hussein came back from the dead to take over as well gaffer I would never contemplate supportin A*****e. :lol::notworthy:

And a wouldn't even joke about it either

well said how can any c**t contemplate supporting a*****e how ever gets it should get backing and time to re shape and rebuild as its needed as mmg left us short dont think adams is in with a shout anyway :lol:

To me (and to most people I spoke to), it was fairly clear McGhee was going last weekend. Surely the club could have made subtle enquiries between now and then.

Who's to say we didn't? We'd hardly have been shouting about it from the rooftops if we did, and whoever we asked might just have said no thanks.

it's better just to be patient now, even if we have to wait a week or two to get the right man it's better than rushing it and fucking things up.

the fitness coach and porteous are still at the club and it'll be them who have designed the preseason training so they should be able to implement it no problem.

I see the Lip & Yabbas old man claim to have seen all our managers. I really hope thats not true. :D

They've seen P.B. MacDonald, Alex McIntyre and W.H. Barrie? Now I'm getting on in years but even my late father had never seen them and he began going to FP in the 1920s.

My old man's seen all the ones listed on soccerbase.com :D He started going to Fir Park in the late 30's Dave

Heard from two folk this morning that Neil Lennon is on the list so far...
Bit in the freebie record PM tonight about Lennon being offered another position with Sellic when Mowbry signs up there, so I don't think we need to worry ourselves. Anyway, the Season book would be returned if Fanta Baws was given the gig.