• Craig Brown (None) + Young Assistant
    • Davie Hay (Livingston) + Young Assistant
    • Stephen Craigan (Motherwell) - Player/Manager
    • Jim Jeffries (Kilmarnock)
    • Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

My old man's seen all the ones listed on soccerbase.com :D He started going to Fir Park in the late 30's Dave

On a serious note Ian we don't value fans like your Dad and the Lip enough. Folk who have been going to Fir Park for decades deserve a lot of credit.

Incidentally who would be his choice?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note Ian we don't value fans like your Dad and the Lip enough. Folk who have been going to Fir Park for decades deserve a lot of credit.

Thats a great point!!! They should be gettin there season books for free and one of the big comfy seats in the Phil O Donnell Stand!!!!! Come On JB get your finger oot!!!!

That would be an interesting shout. There's no doubt he did a decent job with the NI squad and good to hear that it's the 'love of the game' that keeps him motivated - because he's not going to make his fortune with us.

When McGhee left, some were moaning about the quality of candidate we would attract. I said at the time that there's always a queue round the block for a football manager's job. And some of them will be suitable, some not. Is Sanchez a good fit for us? No idea, but he certainly has a bit of pedigree and good experience. Mibbe he'll bring back Essandoh... ;)

I would be delighted with Lawrie Sanchez. Don't know an awful lot about his tactics but he's got a good history and can really motivate his players (NI anyone?). In saying that, I would also love to see Chris McCart back at the club, maybe not in the top seat but the job he did with the youth at 'Well was superb and it would be great to have that presence back.

I was interested to read Sanchez's comments about Craigan as they mirror my own thoughts on the guy: an experienced, intelligent player who is also very underrated.

Sanchez definately looks to have the best CV of anyone mentioned so far and from the direct quotes it would appear he's willing to do the job without asking a barrow-load of dough.

One thing we should all be aware of before we get carried away is the distinct possibility that if he does a good job, a la shovelface, he will most likely be out the door as soon as a decent club down south needs a new guy.

As long as he makes his intentions clear from the start like big Ports and focusses on doing a good job while he's here then it's win-win and I'd have no problems with that. I just don't want to see us played for c*nts again.

Dirty Sanchez. Brilliant ;)

Mourin-Hoe, as someone who appears to have played at a reasonable level, from a players perspective, who do you think will capture the imagination and respect of the Well players? My guess would be that McCallister would certainly provide the wow factor for the players.

Yeah I suppose your right but maybe with some players more than others! In my personal opinion a manager should be someone who captures a rooms attention and full concentration immediately.. but both these days could work! McAllister despite not proving himself as a manager he might still do a job.

And who won? 1-1 both times... baring in mind I was playing with mediocre opposition :O infact, the 1st time I played against him was his first game as player manager and they scored a late header, but only after he was taken off from a knock he received in a late tackle ;)

i have just had a chat with a Fulham season ticket holder and this was his take on Sanchez.

"He lasted 8 months with us. He plays a pretty direct style of football. He’s not one for the purists but he’ll definitely get the players pumped up and playing for each other"

No doubt with NI he was doing a good job but at Fulham he appeared to get found out.

What was he like with Wycombe, Roy Essandoh inspired cup runs aside?

Certainly bit more experienced and that appeals but if he is just a long ball merchant we'll no end up in the top 6, with more or less same squad we tried it with Malpas and we were pish. Even McGhee went direct style last season and we were honking to watch and it didn't get results.

Lets keep to a manager that will encourage football in style of McGhee's first season.