• Craig Brown (None) + Young Assistant
    • Davie Hay (Livingston) + Young Assistant
    • Stephen Craigan (Motherwell) - Player/Manager
    • Jim Jeffries (Kilmarnock)
    • Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

With the exception of Neil Lennon and maybe another one or two i suspect whoever the manager is we will forget all the disagreement and be united in giving 100% backing to the manager because it will be the only way forward!!!

Certainly won't be Neil Lennon anyway... he's just been confirmed as part of Mowbray's new team at Shellic Park.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also referred to Motherwell as "Macca's team" which is utter bilge as anyone who knows him will tell you that Gary McAllisters team is, and always has been, Rangers.

I was under the impression that McAllister was a Well Fan - i remember him being interviewed and saying that Joe Wark and Willie Pettigrew were his footballing heros. The interview wasn't associated with Motherwell either.

First post so here goes. Don't think Sanchez is the answer, think its looking backwards not forwards. Luc did come over very well in the interview with the sunday herald i think it was. Seemed to know in a general sense what it would be like to take over as motherwell manager. Using young players with a sprinkling of exprience And no having alot of money to spend.

There are people in Scotland who cant tie their own shoelaces, who can barely spell their own names, AND THEY KNOW THAT.

I'm not too keen on Sanchez tbh due to the reasons said previously, ie long ball tactics.

For me it's between Macca and Luc, with Nijholt being my preferred option. The way he came across in the paper I thought was really encouraging to see, what with his experience of promoting youth.

I also feel that, of all the candidates mentioned, he'd be most likely to stay for longer should we be successful. This would give us a bit of stability to build upon year after year, and so for me Luc shades it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but did anyone hear Craig Brown on Radio Scotland at lunchtime.

He certainly did not rule himself out saying that he had a lot of fond memories of his time at Well but that he had not been approached by the club.

He also bigged up Gary McAllister and mentioned that Macca always used to talk alot about Motherwell.

My choice would be Craig Brown as a sort of Director of Football and Gary McAllister as Manager. Kind of like the Alex Smith, Elvis thing that seems to be happening at Falkirk.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

:lol: You've burst nobody's bubble. You would think discrediting him throughout various threads should be enough...

Gary himself revealed where his loyalties lie in an issue some seasons ago of either (I'm sure one of our resident stattos will concur) Waiting for the great leap forward or One Step Beyond.

Having known various members of his family and spoken to the man himself on occassion, I've never been under the impression he is anything other than Motherwell through and through.

His brother was telling me of a probable Liverpool academy post in the past week though! No reason to doubt him, as I recall, he once told us "our Gary's signed for Liverpool" which was met with some hilarity on our bus en route to Elland Road a few years back... the rest as they say is history. :lol:

No offence, but I'll be taking Co Adriaanse's thoughts over your's any day of the week.

That's the point, no-one has posted any hard and fast evidence as to Luc's credentials for the Motherwell job. It all seems to be hearsay and other people's opinions. I don't care what Co Adriaanse thinks about him, I dont give a toss how he comes over in a newspaper interview, I care even less that he played for us. I want, and we damn well need, a manager with a breadth of experience in football. I want someone who can point to a track record as a manager, not someone with letters of recommendation for his work with the youths, no matter who signed them. We are a club in turmoil, McGhee wants to take Klimpl and Hughes to Aberdeen, Smith is on his way elsewhere, Hearts are eyeing up McLean, Cardiff are looking to sell McCormack and replace him with Clarkson, that's half our team.

We don't need to be giving some ex-players their first shot at the big time or a chance to resurrect their careers, we need a strong, capable, and experienced manager to get this team off it's knees.

That's the point, no-one has posted any hard and fast evidence as to Luc's credentials for the Motherwell job. It all seems to be hearsay and other people's opinions. I don't care what Co Adriaanse thinks about him, I dont give a toss how he comes over in a newspaper interview, I care even less that he played for us. I want, and we damn well need, a manager with a breadth of experience in football. I want someone who can point to a track record as a manager, not someone with letters of recommendation for his work with the youths, no matter who signed them. We are a club in turmoil, McGhee wants to take Klimpl and Hughes to Aberdeen, Smith is on his way elsewhere, Hearts are eyeing up McLean, Cardiff are looking to sell McCormack and replace him with Clarkson, that's half our team.

We don't need to be giving some ex-players their first shot at the big time or a chance to resurrect their careers, we need a strong, capable, and experienced manager to get this team off it's knees.

I cant help but picture this in a Basil Fawlty-esque rant! Valid points though :thumbup:

Out of all the applicants Sanchez is the most succesful. We might not get the chance to get to appoint such a high profile manager again. Who would have thought we could get a manager who was working in the Premiership last season ?

That's the point, no-one has posted any hard and fast evidence as to Luc's credentials for the Motherwell job. It all seems to be hearsay and other people's opinions. I don't care what Co Adriaanse thinks about him, I dont give a toss how he comes over in a newspaper interview, I care even less that he played for us. I want, and we damn well need, a manager with a breadth of experience in football. a I want someone who can point to a track record as manager, not someone with letters of recommendation for his work with the youths, no matter who signed them. We are a club in turmoil, McGhee wants to take Klimpl and Hughes to Aberdeen, Smith is on his way elsewhere, Hearts are eyeing up McLean, Cardiff are looking to sell McCormack and replace him with Clarkson, that's half our team.

Good point's Lip 69 but who is that man do you think with the budget we have?

It all seems to be hearsay and other people's opinions.

That's what the forum is all about though - our opinions. We've got 40+ pages of discussion on people who may very well NOT be considered by Motherwell at all for all we know, despite paper talk. It's really all just conjecture. Nothing wrong with that, either. Keeps the world spinning.

Good point's Lip 69 but who is that man do you think with the budget we have?

Of the ones quoted on here, Sanchez has already said it's not about the money, in other words "Come and get me" I don't think that's an invitation we can ignore. I've also said Calderwood, Gannon, and Jeffries should all be given careful consideration. Nijholt hasn't done enough in a managerial sense to be considered.

Of the ones quoted on here, Sanchez has already said it's not about the money, in other words "Come and get me" I don't think that's an invitation we can ignore. I've also said Calderwood, Gannon, and Jeffries should all be given careful consideration. Nijholt hasn't done enough in a managerial sense to be considered.

Sanchez, apparently, has said he's not interested. (according to the internet/this site anyway :thumbup:)

As assistant coach at Salzburg Luc Nijholt has worked on a day to day basis with quality international or former international players like Niko Kovac, Johan Vonlanthen, Alexander Zickler amd Rene Aufhauser within the last year. During his time as coach with Co Adriaanse at AZ he helped mould players like Tim de Cler, Jan Kromkamp, Denny Landzaat and Joris Mathijsen.

In 2007 he was being tipped to be part of the Dutch international set up.

For Telstar over the course of 3 seasons he had roughly a winning percentage of 33%. A team 25 kilometers outside Amsterdam with a ground capacity of just over 2,000. Last year we had a win percentage of about 34%.

Co Adriaanse hand picked Nijholt to be his assistant at Salzburg. This is a guy who was voted manager of the year in Portugal winning both the domestic league and cup with Porto, winning the Austrian league with Salzburg whilst also managing teams such as Ajax and AZ Alkmaar. A decent judge of footballing character i'd say...he's certainly no 'The Lip', i'll grant you, but he's no bad.

If Nijholt could bring in someone such as Chris Kronshorst to assist him, who was also in the Salzburg management team and is credited with creating FC Volendam's renowned youth academy, then i really feel this could help bring on our younger players. Something lacking during McGhees time at fir park.

Alot of positives for me, whilst obviously not being the complete package. We're not gonna get the complete package. I think McAllister would be a safe boring continuation of where we are just now, but ultimately i'd give him 100% if he's appointed tomorrow. But theres something about a Luc Nijholt appointment that excites me. Something different. It could backfire as with any appointment, but for me John Boyle has to get on that Zoom...eh...KLM airline and go speak to Luc Nijholt!!!

Calderwood was on more money at Aberdeen than Mcghee so donn't think we could affrod him.

Jeffries would take more compensation money than we got off Aberdeen so couldn't afford him.

Gannon someone on the boards said he was on double the money at Stockport than Mcgee was on at us so cannot afford him.

Sanchez a supporter from Fulham say we shouldn't touch him, i'll go with that.

Like it or not we wont be able to come up with the money for the experienced manager.