• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second hand info I'm afraid but apparantly Sanchez was being shown round Dalziel Park this afternoon. Tell's us nothing except that he is still in the frame.

Or he wanted to see what he would hae tae work wi' but naebody tellt him training had been moved tae Braidhurst. That would tell us something about his chances no?

Check out Gary McCallister actual video interview on the well job.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5396196,00.html

Was that interview today? If so it strongly suggests he ain't getting the job because he would have been contacted by now if he was in the running.

Also 'interesting conversation' can be open to interpretation, good or bad.

Was that interview today? If so it strongly suggests he ain't getting the job because he would have been contacted by now if he was in the running.

Also 'interesting conversation' can be open to interpretation, good or bad.

I'm not so sure there was a wee smirk on Gary's face as he spoke, there's more going on there than what was said.

I would really hope that Gary McAllister is in the running. With the sort of talk that "there's no reason Motherwell can't be third or fourth", that's the kind of ambition that I'd like to hear from a candidate. I was backing Nijholt last week (and he'd still be my second choice) but as time's gone on, I've grown sure that McAllister would be a fantastic appointment...

Jim Gannon gets a mention about the job in the Sun today, also says Sanchez is favourite for the job. http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...g-job-race.html

Interesting article in that JB is playing his cards very close to his chest. How many is "many candidates" to be interviewed? I'm glad we're casting the net fairly wide but would have hoped that the field would have been narrowed by now. I suspect that some of the new names mentioned have just been thrown into the mix simply to freshen up the story every day. And I reckon Ricky Sbragia will be more interested in sitting with his feet up for six months than any SPL job. My money would be on the fact that we're looking at Sanchez, McAllister or Nijholt (Nijholt if money situation is particularly bad).

Anyone suspect that the perception of Llanelli as an easy tie has relaxed JB about the recruitement process and the time it's taking?

At this moment im pleased with the fact we are being linked with such names, Im certain every candidate for the post could do a finer job than Malpish.

I think its still Dirty Sanchez for me though.

I think you might be right mate. based on all the snippets that have emerged.

From the BBC gossip page...

Former Sunderland managers Malcolm Crosby and Ricky Sbragia are interested in forming a double act at Motherwell. (Daily Mail)

But Motherwell chairman wants the new manager to make club skipper Stephen Craigan his assistant. (Daily Express)

JB trying to repeat the trick from last time of having a number two in place for a manager to work with? My guess, more likely it's lazy journalism...

I'm not so sure sanchez is the favourite here, we all remember last time when McGhee basically emerged from no where and got the job, i'm kind of hoping its a similar situation this time around with Jim Gannon - he would do us wonders!

Interesting Article in the Stockport Express of all places

STOCKPORT County could again be on the verge of losing Jim Gannon, as Jim Melrose’s takeover continues to stall.

Gannon, who was made redundant by administrators in April, is on a four-man shortlist to takeover as Motherwell boss, after the post was vacanted following Mark McGhee’s departure to Aberdeen.

It is understood that Gannon, who was interviewed for the Hibernian job earlier this month, will compete with three other candidates.

They are former Republic of Ireland manager Steve Staunton, Lawrie Sanchez, who was sacked as Fulham boss in December 2007, and Malcolm Crosby, who was released as Middlesborough assistant manger following their relegation to the Championship.

It is also believed that, should Crosby get the job, he will approach former Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia to be his number two.

The news will come as a hammer blow to Hatters fans, who thought Gannon was close to a return to Edgeley Park after administrators Leonard Curtis announced a deal had been struck with Melrose to buy the cash-strapped club - subject to approval from Edgeley Park landlord Sale Sharks.

But that approval has still not been granted, and despite Melrose and his business partners visiting Edgeley Park last week, the takeover has not yet been finalised.

And with the new owners not in place, County are facing the prospect of starting the season with no board, no manager and a depleted first-team squad.

It is thought that the only two senior left coaches at the club, Craig Madden and Mick Wiblin, will take charge of the first team when the players report back for the start of pre-season.

But Wiblin, who is the manager of the centre of excellence, has revealed he is completely in the dark.

"The players should be back for training next week, or at the very latest the second week in July. The youth team usually come back a week before to get everything ready for the pros, but I haven't heard anything.

"Nobody has told me anything, not the administrators, not the prospective owners, nobody. Nobody has spoken to me.

"I assume Craig and I will take training because there are only two coaches at the club."

To make matters worse, County could also start next season with a 15 point deduction if their creditors do not grant the club a company voluntary arrangement at a meeting due to be held on July 3.

Ian Dooley, from the Stockport County Supporters Club, said the situation was bordering on a disgrace.

He said: "The lack of information is the most frustrating thing. There has been nothing from the administrators since Jim was made redundant,

"I think a lot of County fans are becoming completely disillusioned with the whole situation."

Interesting Article in the Stockport Express of all places

The Punch and Judy, the Welsh papers, now the Stockport Express. I'm telling you, big man, ye've got too much time on your hands :D . On a serious note, I'm wondering how accurate their list would be. I don't imagine they'd be too well versed in Scottish football and therefore might have plucked the last three names that they had heard of mentioned in the press and added them with Gannon.

Gannon sounds like he's be a good appointment from listening to people who watched his Stockport side. Of the names listed, I reckon it'd be between McAllister, Nijholt and Gannon for me. Sanchez has all the attributes to make him sound like a good appointment, but there's just something about him that doesn't appeal and I can't put my finger on it. But as football fans we're allowed to be irrational...

You've no idea the pish I've been reading mate.

I posted that one as it looked a bit better put together than the bulk of the one line articles filling the bottom corners of the scottish rags.

Glad to have been of service :D

Oh and btw - I think you said it 347 pages back - Gannon may be the leftfield option.