• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont see why we should consider Butcher, my mate SiebDykstrasBarmyArmy champions him too but I just dont see it. I admit he did us a turn when we really needed it, but I just dont think he's a good manager.

Look at his record:

- Coventry - Sacked

- Sunderland - Sacked

- Motherwell - Good job

- Sydney - Sacked

- Brentford - Sacked

- ICT - relegated.

He did good for us - essentially by scaring and motivating the young boys we were left with after administration. Apart from Motherwell, he's really been a failure.

If we assume that MMG is off to the Dons then I'd look for us to appoint someone not currently in a job. That would mean it could be done a lot quicker and would allow MMG's compensation to boost the transfer kitty.

I would defo include Leitchy as a contender, but I'd probably want to retain him as number two to an experienced gaffer.

Has the lassie fae Blue peter got any managment experience?

Gary Mac must surely be interested what has he done since leeds?

Joe jordan would be awsome but reality says no. Not enough money in the ark. If the reports are true and we get 200k for MM then thats surely our pitch paid for. All we need then is a free manager and we are no worse off unless the new manager is dross obviously.

Williamson might be good for a couple of international contacts but I said the same about Malpas and look what happened there.

Jeffries is gash and can only see him hiring former hearts players from the 80's.

Knox wouldn't take it in my opinion, he is too used to bigger clubs.

Billy davies?

I'd be in favour of someone like Jim Gannon assisted by Chris McCart/Tom Boyd/Luc Nijholt. Someone with experience and contacts in England, knowledge of players down there, assisted by someone who knows the club. Gannon is just an example but my blueprint would be

MANAGER At least 3 years experience of management, preferably sometime in England.

ASSISTANT Knowledge of Motherwell and the way the club works. Some coaching experience.

I know that's basically McGhee and Leitch, but if it worked out ok last time, why not...?

Craig Brown would be a cracking choice remember he's got the best Scotland record of ANY manager i'd have Steven Pressley as his assistant. Looks as if im going to have to admit to being wrong about MM staying the interview he's given that i've read in this forum means he's offski. :D

itll be the same folk that were candidates for when malpas and mcghee were appointed

garry mccalister, boaby williamson etc

I wouldnm't take MacAllister in a lucky bag, didn't he say the Motherwell job didn't have the right profile for him when McGhee got it, in other words we're beneath him.

Like the thought of Craig Brown more and more. Jim Duffy would also be a good appointment. Think it will be Leitch though

He appeals to me more and more as well mate. Jusdt a bit concerned with his lack of first team management for a while. But as others have said, someone closely assissting him would be decent.

Did Billy Davies not assist him at Preston way back?

I'd be in favour of someone like Jim Gannon assisted by Chris McCart/Tom Boyd/Luc Nijholt. Someone with experience and contacts in England, knowledge of players down there, assisted by someone who knows the club. Gannon is just an example but my blueprint would be

MANAGER At least 3 years experience of management, preferably sometime in England.

ASSISTANT Knowledge of Motherwell and the way the club works. Some coaching experience.

I know that's basically McGhee and Leitch, but if it worked out ok last time, why not...?

From what I've read, Gannon would be an excellent candidate.