• Derek Adams (Ross Country)
    • Luc Nijholt (None)
    • Terry Butcher + Maurice Malpas (ICT)
    • A.N. Other

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we do go with a relative rookie manager I'd love to see Nijholt come in. His one management job was from recollection not a disaster, and has plenty experience as number 2 at some good teams.

Still prefer someone a bit more experienced, but no Craig Brown. Was awful at Preston and I don't think he managed any other club but Clyde. He'd have gotten nowhere near a decent job if it wasn't for dreadful way SFA operates.

As for Leitch,

I wouldnt be too worried. Hopefully he has learned McGhoo's good points in the last 2 years, and importantly he knows the squad, knows the guys he needs to offer a contract to right away without them having to impress a new manager, and he knows how the team will be able to play in a few weeks time for our European tour.

With Adriannse having left Red Bull Salzburg Nijholt would perhaps be about to leave as well, it's not that often a new manager decides to keep on the current assistant. Pretty sure, from what I hear and know, Luc would walk to Fir Park from Austria for the interview.......

new guy is dutch, dunno if that make a difference. But if Nijholt leaves then we might do a lot worse.

My biggest concern is we are not quite up shit creek without a paddle at the moment but the paddle looks like it has woodworm. Would hate to see him come in, have a miniscule budget and struggle.

Hoping we decent comp for McGhee and Leitch who both doubled wages last season, get a bit of money back in the player budget, fingers crossed the TV money doesn't evaporate, and we get to watch some Dutch style total football and back to sort of stuff we had in McGhee's first season. :-)

The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards Nijholt for boss.

I reckon it would be a good appointment, it would provide a bit of excitement amongst the fans in that he's something a bit different to your standard Duffys and Williamsons, he genuinely wants to be Motherwell manager, and would bring with him a knowledge of some European lower leagues.

That said, I reckon we'd need to sort him out with a British assistant with a good knowledge of both the Scottish & English leagues.

Unfortunately, I don't think McCart would consider leaving Celtic for an assistant's role.

And on a tight budget. He did a good job up there, though he didn't get that tan in Aberdeen.

I would be very disappointed if JC came to Fir Park - doubt if he'd want the job anyway.

He spent a lot of cash at East End Park and left in unpleasant circumstances. He then joined the 3rd/4th biggest team in Scotland and failed to punch their weight especially in cup competitions. He then constantly bleated about not having enough cash to spend. What has he built with a lot of dosh at Pittodrie? A solid but pretty dull side.