Keeping Colonel Saunders at Right Back!

Guest JohnnyDefault

Guest JohnnyDefault

I see McGhee is talking about missing Quinn, Clarkson and Craigan in his post match comments.

I for one thought Quinn wasn't missed at all last night and thought Saunders did really well - albeit he has loads to do and lacks a fair bit of confidence. That will be sorted with more appearances though.

I think Murphy has suffered a wee bit from being used TOO sparingly - I think McGhee should have stuck by him when he was playing so well instead of putting him in and out the team.

So I'd Keep Colonel saunders in the team for the Hackies game, He had a 'finger lickin' good' home debut, can whip in a 'zinger' of a cross, could end up being a 'tower' of strength and could save the club from having to rake through the 'bargain bucket' for a right back when Quinn finally moves (to Auchinleck Talbot)

new_colonel_sanders.jpg

I agree he was the one of the few +'s last night...

Although how many kids have we had 'high hopes' for even in recent years only for them to fade away...

Kinniburgh, Fagan, Cowan to name a few..

Even players like McBride, Fitzy and Reynolds started to get it big time after a year or so...

I just hope this lad has the bottle to take it from our fans when it starts to hit the fan...

Thought the young boy did well last night for his first game. He showed a willing to get forward in first half but felt he got nervous in second half and wanted to pass inside too often.

To me it was obvious he hadn't played with Kimpl before as in the first half he got dragged in a lot and seemed unable to communicate, but that will come through time. Don't think our shape helped him as there was no real right mid in front of him so when he went forward there was no cover.

For me I still see Quinn as the first choice RB for this season at least. The young boy is only 17 and needs time but is a very good prospect - more good work from the youth system!

He did indeed put in a decent performnce last night and can be proud of himself, however I wouldn't rush him too much too early. It may do him good long term to be involved here and there this season, he is only 17 remember.

He tired noticably towards the end, so I reckon it'd be unfair to keep him in for too many games. Long term he looks a real prospect, but I wouldn't push him too hard at this stage.

We just need to be careful of building him up too much too early, he`s an inexperienced 17yo boy at the end of the day, Agreed it was a good debut and he can swing a good ball in, but the best thing is to have him involved in squads, the odd game and odd run from the bench!

hopefully seeing that performance has given Quinn a boot in the arse too and will be a catalyst for an improvement in his performances

The main thing here is.

We have a good cover for Right back. Then were saying don't play Quinn at right back anymore. Some folk on her e hav the cheek to criticise McGhee for not signing players in the right positions.

We all know Quinn is naturally a centre half. He plays better there. However, We need him at right back.

He did indeed put in a decent performnce last night and can be proud of himself, however I wouldn't rush him too much too early. It may do him good long term to be involved here and there this season, he is only 17 remember.

He tired noticably towards the end, so I reckon it'd be unfair to keep him in for too many games. Long term he looks a real prospect, but I wouldn't push him too hard at this stage.

I would agree with that 100%, but i would also say that while it was a good solid debut for such a young lad, there was nothing there to go over board about. I get the feeling that too often posters on this board will have a wank when any youngster is brought through the ranks.

On the plus side for him, he personally didnt make any mistakes which led to goals. He was eager to get forward and i noted at least 1 belter of a cross he put in.

However, he does look (understandably) lightweight and i fear for him for the first time he is on the end of a mans tackle. (i dont mean john boyles)

Also, i saw him belting forward on many occasions and not have the ball passed to him, aka the same thing that happens to DL Smith. Now this isn't the lads fault, but the rest of the team maybe do not have the same confidence in him yet. Certainly, Quinn would be getting fed a pass through 9 times out of 10.

I like the lad and thought he did well but i dont think we should be going overboard just yet.