Bob Malcolm

Captain_Jack

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silky Bob certainly scored some varied goals for us - some lovely free kicks and one with his boaby! :lol:

I certainly wasn't too chuffed when we signed him because of his past, but he sort of became a bit of a cult hero for me, partly cos he didn't take any shit, some folk were dying to get on his back for the least wee mistake because of who he was so that put me very much on his side, and also I knew he had a bit of ability with the free kicks etc.

Good to see 'Flow's post about him being a really decent guy. Anyway... Good luck, Silky Bob!!! :thumbup:

Sick of listening to people bumping their gums about certain people just because they can't think for themselves and choose to just blindly believe all the shit that they read in the tabloids.

Big Boab might have made some mistakes, I don't know the circumstances and I sure a feck wasn't there to witness it. Just heard about it all allegedly happening second hand like all of us. Everyone of us have done lots of stupid things in our lives, the difference is, is that it isn't dredged up and manipulated for different agendas in the press at every opportunity and also isn't used as a means to label you as this or that. Christ you would think that he was a feckin axe murderer the shit he gets.

Never met Big Boab, but if those that actually knew him and worked beside him think so much of him then that's good enough for me. At least they know what the feck they are talking about, and I would much rather listen to them that some rag of a newspaper.

Rant over!!

All the best Bob.

If the game is being played on the 12th, then I don't see what's wrong with saying that. Yes, people may make some connection, but that's up tp them. Facts are facts really, if the game's on the 12th then why not say so?

So because some people might be offended that MFC have reported on their own official website that Bob Malcolm's new club are playing Celtic on the 12th of July the date has to be hidden.

I could understand it if the article had made comments about it, but all that was being done was reporting facts. We are making a rod for our own backs if we feel that we can't mention the 12th of July without someone being offended. Which given some of the songs that are sung by certain supporters of the Old Firm is a bit rich, because they don't care who they might offend.

The connotations that date has have nothing to do with MFC and as such, I don't see why it needed to be amended.

Do you think the people who thought Bob Malcolm was mince and a lazy bastard sat on their arses when he scored for us? Free kicks against Hibs and ICT and a winner against St Mirren. I don't think so, so to those people who did celebrate his goals are ???

Make up your own minds.

So because some people might be offended that MFC have reported on their own official website that Bob Malcolm's new club are playing Celtic on the 12th of July the date has to be hidden.

I could understand it if the article had made comments about it, but all that was being done was reporting facts. We are making a rod for our own backs if we feel that we can't mention the 12th of July without someone being offended. Which given some of the songs that are sung by certain supporters of the Old Firm is a bit rich, because they don't care who they might offend.

The connotations that date has have nothing to do with MFC and as such, I don't see why it needed to be amended.

This is all getting a bit blown out of proportion. All we had to do was remove the word "ironically" from the original draft as that was what was leaving it open to this interpretation. Flow obviously meant that the irony was in the opposition rather than the date, but eejits could have read it the other way if they wanted.

Do you think the people who thought Bob Malcolm was mince and a lazy bastard sat on their arses when he scored for us? Free kicks against Hibs and ICT and a winner against St Mirren. I don't think so, so to those people who did celebrate his goals are ???

Make up your own minds.

:D

Geez a break. I was surprised he took a run up for those free kicks he's that fat and lazy. I honestly don't see what the point is in being great on the ball if you can't even run properly to make yourself available.

Make up your own minds.

Well, in my mind, that's a pretty daft argument.

Motherwell score you celebrate. Its instinctive. Whether its a 35 yarder, a 2 yard trundler, or an own goal that's deflected off the defenders arse and hit the post on the way in - you celebrate.

You don't stand there for a few seconds working out how much you rate the player before deciding if you are going to celebrate do you?

Yes I do. When Clarky scores i give maximum cheerage, but when Bob scored I gave maybe a 4 out of 10 cheer, and also less claps.

When Sutton scores I give an 8 out of 10 cheer, and when Hughes shoots I eat my own shoes.

I still have all my shoes.

Well, in my mind, that's a pretty daft argument.

Motherwell score you celebrate. Its instinctive. Whether its a 35 yarder, a 2 yard trundler, or an own goal that's deflected off the defenders arse and hit the post on the way in - you celebrate.

You don't stand there for a few seconds working out how much you rate the player before deciding if you are going to celebrate do you?

Fair enough, I see your point but it just irks me that alot of people only judged him on his off field behaviour(years ago) to what he done on the park.

"Fans" in the East Stand booed him when he came on against Kilmarnock on the last day of the season, slate the guy if hes been shite for most of the game or wotever but giving the guy dogs abuse before hes even touched the ball is pretty poor. I hope he finds a set of supporters who don't judge him on his past.

Fair enough, I see your point but it just irks me that alot of people only judged him on his off field behaviour(years ago) to what he done on the park.

It wasn't all "years ago" though, was it. The only reason he was free to join Motherwell in the first place is because Derby County dismissed him for getting pissed and parking his car on the middle lane of a motorway, which could have had all sorts of unthinkable consequences. He's just a complete muppet.

"Fans" in the East Stand booed him when he came on against Kilmarnock on the last day of the season, slate the guy if hes been shite for most of the game or wotever but giving the guy dogs abuse before hes even touched the ball is pretty poor. I hope he finds a set of supporters who don't judge him on his past.

Here's me thinkin' he was being judged on his 'effort vs wage packet' ratio! :D

Stats eh? Ruinin the game for the honest player!

I was one of those booing his introduction. Nothing at all to do with his off the field behaviour or the fact that I'm a bigot (I know you didn't suggest this, others have). I booed the decision to bring him on given McGhee's "I'm building for next season" mantra and the fact that it was an ideal chance to give one of the younger guys a run out (was Meechan not on the bench?). And as Mr Diggle points out, it was also a protest at his "bang for buck" return. Not since Ged Brannan was of this parish have I heard about a player "you're stealing money"...

Still too many folk blindly defending him even after all that was said about him proved to be true, i.e. fat, useless, waste of money. His off-field antics mattered not a jot although some have used it as an excuse. Beggars belief that his cult status was actually genuine it seems, I thought it was a piss-take to annoy those who opposed his signing. Well rid, both in playing and financial terms.

Again just to post another view that it was indeed cos he was not good enough that he wont be missed by me. Free Kick's great but some of you have a short memory. Remember that it was mcghees insistence on playing this guy that was one of the reasons we were bottom.

Here is my summary of Bob Malcolm

Motherwell 1 Hibs 4

'Bob Malcolm scored a stunning free kick whilst allowing Hibs to run riot by his brutal lack of pace and non existent tracking of players'

And a lot of people who are defending him summary

Clarkson 13 goals

Sutton 10 goals

Porter 9 goals

Malcolm 3 goals

McLean 2 goals

Murphy 2 goals

Hughes 1 goal

Klimpl 1 goal

Fitzpatrick 1 goal

Quinn 1 goal

Top goal scorer out side our strikers and played alot less games than Hughes our only real attacking midfielder.

Remember that it was mcghees insistence on playing this guy that was one of the reasons we were bottom.

Tbh I don't think that had anything to do with it. The reason we were bottom as we were not solid at the back (without Craigan there it was even worse) and without Clarkson, Porter and Sutton couldn't score in a brothel.

Saying that it didn't quite work for Malcolm but good luck to him in future.

Top goal scorer out side our strikers

Counts for nothing. He's a pish player. If he was any good he would have played more games for what was a mediocre Motherwell side this year and to me that tells the REAL story. Plenty Motherwell players in the past have scored a few goals and not really contributed much so I don't see why the big fuss for this guy.

I don't think there is much doubt that he was a talanted player but the other aspects of his game were not there (workrate, pace etc). His passing ability was a joy to watch at times.

It's strange because after the Said Cheba incident I was less than happy to see him arrive at Firpark but I did warm to the big guy and wish him well down under.