Accies On Saturday

Bop

I know this is a bit early but i need something to look forward to. Last night has happened and no matter how much we bang on about it nothings going to change.

I actually agree with McGhee on this one, i still think we'r bubbling under the surface and we only need one goal to get back on track. Porter looked lively in the first 15 minutes last night and i think if we can bag an early goal we'l win this comfortably. Hughes to boss the midfield and Ports to get a brace, the only thing that worries me is that we'l try too hard and make daft mistakes.

Onwards and upwards, mon the well.

2-0.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nothing short of a win is a must saturday, a loss will be our 5th in a row and we`ll be joint bottom,plus itll give Hamilton a boost. I think itll be a tight game and worryingly I just dont see us keeping a clean sheet, so we`ll need 2 at least!

hopefully a wee 2-1 win will be a good xmas pressie

As its a derby and both teams arn't exactly on fire I dont think form is going to have much of an impact. The points will go to whoever wants them most on the day.

Its up to McGhee to pick the players up after last night and get the team back to winning ways on Sat!

Got my ticket yesterday, £22 is a bit excessive but after all we charge the same to away fans.

Still a long way to go this season but if we don't get a positive result on Saturday I can see the players heads going down even more than they are just now.

That said I'm still confident we can get something out of the game because we do have the players capable of winning matches, they just lack that confidence they had earlier on in the season when we had a wee run of wins.

Our main concern is the lack of goals in the past couple of months. The two main strikers, Porter and Sutton, we've seen playing recently have hit an unusual goal drought and I think it's partly due to this long ball tactic we seem to have aquired this season. Both players, although big lads, are not target men, they are strikers who thrive on crosses, high and low into the box. Lumping long balls up to them all game does not work, it was fully evident in last nights game against Killie.

Clarkie is back for this game hopefully and hopefully he's raring to go as we need something different in attack. Although McGhee will probably stick him out on the left wing. :lol:

Early start on Saturday, 12:30 kick off, so let's hit them hard and fast, don't let them settle down just like we were doing last season and Hamilton won't know what's hit them. ;)

My team and formation would be:

----------------Buzz----------------

Saunders---Klimpl---Reynolds---Hammell

-----Hughes---Malcolm---Lasley-----

-----Murphy----Porter----Clarkson-----

We have to ditch the long ball tactics and get back to passing, movement and width that served us so well last season.

As its a derby and both teams arn't exactly on fire I dont think form is going to have much of an impact. The points will go to whoever wants them most on the day.

Its up to McGhee to pick the players up after last night and get the team back to winning ways on Sat!

aye, whit he said!!

Two things Hamilton will have that we have not had for weeks is organisation and determination.

What Hamilton are poor at are defending against pace. I have spoken to a few Accies fans who said that Hibs and Hearts are no better technically than them but beat them because they can play with pace that their defence cannot live with. Therefore I would get Murphy and Smith in about them and encourage Quinn/Saunders and Hammell to bomb forward. Didn't think much of Klimpl last night so I would be tempted to keep Saunders at right back and get Quinn and Reynolds as the two centre halfs.

I've been advocating 4-3-3 and if Clarkson is fit I still will but assumin he out I'd get Fitzpatrick, Hughes, Lasley and SMith in the middle with Porter and Murphy up. If Clarkson back fire him up with Porter and Murphy and sacrifice one of the midfielders probably Hughes on form but maybe Fitzpatrick.

It's a biggie. But we need a bit of luck to kick-start things. Starting Saturday. One of those ball-off-arse-off-face-off-twelve-players and trickles over the line winner things. Sometimes that's all it takes, kinda like that scoreless run back when McLeish was in charge. Took a fluck oggy at Falkirk to save the season.

Guest JohnnyDefault

Smith

Saunders

Klimpl

Reynolds (or Quinn)

Hammel

Lasley

Hughes

Fitzpatrick

Murphy

Sutton (or Clarkson)

Porter

They'd be sent out with the proviso that if they dont score in the first 15minutes its no' a disaster - keep plugging away, keep playing football and keep it on the deck.

The game will be won in the midfield. I've always been inpressed with Alex Neil when i have watched Accies. He likes to drop deap and pass the ball about.

People might not agree with me, but i would play three in the middle of park. It worked well in the league game, thought Fitzy had his best game ina well top that day.

GK Smith

RB Saunders

LB Hammell

CB Quinn

CB Reynolds

CM Fitzy

CM Hughes

CM Lasley

ST Porter

ST Murphy

ST DLS

If Clarky is back i would play him instead of DLS.

At least Fitzpatrick is a footballer. ;)

I love how folks opinions differ on certain players.

To me, Fitzy is a bit of a non entity. I don't really rate him.

I'd rather have a new midfielder all together, but would play McGarry over Fitzy.

Guest JohnnyDefault
I love how folks opinions differ on certain players.

To me, Fitzy is a bit of a non entity. I don't really rate him.

I'd rather have a new midfielder all together, but would play McGarry over Fitzy.

It's amazing Gaag and its always puzzled me too

Fitzy would be one of the first names on the team sheet

I would play Brian Kerr in front of Mcgarry

I'd start anybody infront of McGarry at the moment, he has lost whatever he had last season, a complete passenger now.

I don't understand why Fizzy doesn't start when we play a 4 man midfield, if we had proper wide players, then I could forgive it, but we don't and there are few better in the team than breaking up the play than Fitzpatrick.

It's amazing Gaag and its always puzzled me too

Fitzy would be one of the first names on the team sheet

I would play Brian Kerr in front of Mcgarry

Fitzy would be the first name on my teem sheet too, he always gives 100% for the team and that's something I admire.

Dunno about Mr Kerr though ;)

We may as well drop Hughes.

Yes, he is the most creative player in our team, and yes he can have a moment of brilliance to find a pass.

But, the way this team is playing right now, we are bypassing the midfield and Hughes is playing a Houdini role for most of the game, while the ball sails about 20ft above his head. So, when the long ball doesn't work (which it hasn't) the opposition gain possession and we NEED midfielders then that can battle/tackle have a bit of dig about them and quickly win possession back, and in that case McGarry, Fitzy, Las are the best 3 to play in there.

But, if we eventually realise that humping it clearly ain't working then we can easily fit Hughes back in the team and play the ball on the deck and through him.

So, for a game like Accies, I would go with..

Smith

Saunders (done nothing to justify being taken out the team, especially not for Quinn)

Klimpl

Reynolds

Hammell

McGarry (not that I think he is good enough to start, more a case of having the willingness to get stuck in)

Las

Fitzy (same boat as McGarry)

Clarky (if fit, otherwise Murphy, we need the combination of pace, and height up front)

Sutton

Porter