Accies On Saturday

Bop

That for me is definately the most worrying aspect. Our players aren't cut out for anything at the moment and when your immediate rivals only have to turn up to get a win against you, there's only one way you're going. Down.

6 points from the next two games isn't going to happen, but it has to (if you see what I mean!). Anything less and McGhee should have the decency to walk. He'll never get sacked as it'll cost far too much (which is another ridiculous situation). I don't give a fuck about the cup anymore, but a major embarrassment is on the cards there.

I can't remember feeling lower following the 'Well. I can't see how we're going to get out out of this one.

We are going down, and sadly I think under the current promotion/relegation criteria, for very long time.

I agree, I also think we are going down, and I think that if we lose the next 2 games McGhee should walk. Usually when you are scraping along the bottom of the league you can console yourself with the thought that there's always someone worse than you who will lose games in the run in. Sadly, today we showed that we don't even have the players to get a result against the team who have been newly promoted and would normally be people's tip for the drop. They want to stay in the SPL, we just seem to be a side full of people who think that no matter what, Motherwell will stay up. If McGhee does stay and we keep losing, I'd like to see what he comes up with when it gets to the stage that it's mathematically impossible for us to catch up.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is sad day when you are looking forward for Craigan to come back. Kimpl is a bombscare. Was a rubbish game today. Accies just about deserved it, they were well organised unlike us.

Felt sorry for Porter. He was the only one trying. Guys like Hammell and Reynolds have got it to easy. Get paid decent money, play pish and still get a game.

The worrying thing is, that there is no fight and no passion. The manager doesn't give a toss either.

As much as I think McGarry is pish poor I thought some of it was a bit harsh no doubt out of frustration - though still harsh.I think one or two at the game got a easier time of it considering their performances, both Reynolds and Hammell i felt again were pish again Mark was at fault for a goal and Hammell's play was just generally pish as usual, Kimpl was OK at best,the young boy Saunders looks like he could be another good prospect at right back though.As for midfield i think Keef' has been average the past few weeks in comparision with the last few months, Quinn was one of our best players but still some people give him stick.Up front Sutton and Porter are victim of our shite play and i don't blame them for really as the system just isn't working.Admired Porter today, the only player who dared clap the support and i think that showed his respect for us.O'brien looked bright though most still call him shite and he's only had about 40 minutes of play all season...Does anyone know what standards the young guys on the bench are at? If they are decent get them in.

Guest JohnnyDefault
Just had a look at the attendance for todays game 2,527 SHOCKING from both sets of supporter considering that the distance between both clubs is less than 5 miles? The first game at New Douglas Park for 20 odd years? Terrible advertisement for scottish football!!

BBC has it as 3527 - still poor though.

However as many have said £22 to get in, Live on TV, The week before Christmas and all that. So it's not the supporters' fault.

We used to get nearer 10000 when it wasny on the telly and it was £3 to get in

The sooner we stop thinking £20 plus is OK for a game of football the better - we're gonny kill the game!

Clubs around the country have to take actions against soring ticket prices. Just watched it on t.v and it really is embarrassing for a local derby. Not blaming supporters though think clubs have a big responsibility to do with it and the economic issues around the world just now. Do clubs not get embarrassed? Especially when they look at attendances 3000 on monday 2500 today. Is it not going to get to the stage where it will make a mochary of scottish football? Or has it already? As i say again NOT blaming the supporters of any club around scotland from the top divisions to lower league football.

Guest JohnnyDefault
Clubs around the country have to take actions against soring ticket prices. Just watched it on t.v and it really is embarrassing for a local derby. Not blaming supporters though think clubs have a big responsibility to do with it and the economic issues around the world just now. Do clubs not get embarrassed? Especially when they look at attendances 3000 on monday 2500 today. Is it not going to get to the stage where it will make a mochary of scottish football? Or has it already? As i say again NOT blaming the supporters of any club around scotland from the top divisions to lower league football.

Its a difficult one as £22 is unacceptable in anybody's book.

However the clubs in Scotland have chosen to take TV money and plough it into wages / day to day running of the club. However here we also need the gate money on top of that to survive at most clubs.

Nancy, remember used TV money to more or less pay for transfers, wages and running of the club - meaning that the gate money is not as important - hence the 5 euro admission price.

The team selection today was bizarre even by this season's standards for McGhee.

We can safely assume that Kenny Connolly will never see the light of day in a Motherwell first team again. I'm told Fitzpatrick was sick so was only fit enough for the bench. But was the best option for the centre midfield slot a full back?? Whatever you think of Malcolm's relative strengths and weaknesses, he at least has some experience of playing centre midfield. For what it's worth, it smacked of McGhee wanting Quinn in the team (he had cited the absence of Quinn, Clarkson and Craigan as reasons for our poor performances so could hardly leave him on the bench) but not wanting to drop Saunders knowing he was the one relative bright spot from Monday night. Once again, McGhee has the eleven players he wants in the team and he'll get them in there irrespective of what it does to the shape of the team.

McGarry at left wing. I stated my reasons earlier in the week why I felt this was a terrible idea. A few people seem to have the same problem with this deployment of a slow, right footed player. Unfortunately Mark McGhee doesn't seem to be one of them. Question: Is McGarry a striker or midfielder? I ask only because his good early season form last year was when he was the third man up top when McCormack was unavailable. Is he the answer to playing 4-3-3? I ask this in order to show I'm not anti-McGarry, just think he's not the man for the left wing. Neither was Clarkson when we played him there earlier in the season. Why did we sign Jim O'Brien again??

The defence. Where to start. We don't really have many options for changing things at the moment. Which is a blow because quite frankly Reynolds looks like a player in need of a rest before his confidence is totally shattered. Echoes of David Clarkson of a few years back? And look how long it took him to get back to something like the form he's capable of. Hammell's not Paterson but there's not a lot we can do about that. Perhaps Hammell should watch some videos of Paterson from the first half of last season. Yes, Steven, you are allowed to go outside as well as inside your man.

I specifically have avoided a full on rant about McGhee. I've done it too often before and there's really nothing to be gained by going over old ground. I've tried to just ask questions that I think we all need answered...

we dont have the big tele deals up here so clubs have to make as much as they can at the gates.something will have to be done cause attendances are dropping all over the country £22 to watch a spl game is a joke.my pal was in italy a few weeks ago and he got into the juventus v inter milan game for £9 says it all really

Pish poor again. Starting with no wingers is causing problems and McGhee obviously doesn't have much faith in DS or Jim O'Brien. Jamie Murphy is a striker not a winger so playing him on the wing isn't going to get the best out of him either. Why does he continue to play so many players out of position?

The whole team could do with a boot up the arse.

Lets hope the tide truns and soon.

Its a difficult one as £22 is unacceptable in anybody's book.

However the clubs in Scotland have chosen to take TV money and plough it into wages / day to day running of the club. However here we also need the gate money on top of that to survive at most clubs.

Nancy, remember used TV money to more or less pay for transfers, wages and running of the club - meaning that the gate money is not as important - hence the 5 euro admission price.

we dont have the big tele deals up here so clubs have to make as much as they can at the gates.something will have to be done cause attendances are dropping all over the country £22 to watch a spl game is a joke.my pal was in italy a few weeks ago and he got into the juventus v inter milan game for £9 says it all really

Surelly supporters can now do something about before it gets worse. I'm sure celtic made a protest at kilmarnock a few weeks ago about ticket prices. Would something along the same lines help? Not only for our good but for the history of the club?

Incase it's taken in the wrong way i don't mean a violent protest or a protest at all but something that the clubs even the media can see that supporters around scotland are being priced away from football.

Saw the game on the Web, in spells we werent too bad

Rangers discussion belongs in Gen. Football mate :O

Absolute pish the day. Just watched it. We could play forever and not score.

Why the fuck was Murphy taken off? Surely there were better candidates than him at the time.

McGhee out plz.

Missed the game today, but heard McGhee saying Coach was being put in midfield on the radio prior the the game. Assumed that he's be wide right in a 4-4-2, albeit he wasny great there the only other time I saw him play, but was incredulous to find out he'd been deployed in the centre. Surely Boab and Lasley would've been better for the physical grind required in central midfield in a derby game. Wide you could have had O'Brien on the left, and Dairlyea/Jamie Murphy on the right, you then get width to bang in crosses for the two large front men instead of relying on diagonals and aimless humps.

We desperately need a result against ICT, the winner of this one will get the boost to hopefully push on up the table, the loser will be doomed. On current form, I know not which we'll be...

Unusual decisions from McGhee today however the systems he has tried clearly haven't been working either. There's time for a change and that time was today, unfortunately it went down the pan too. Regardless of what team formation/selection McGhee puts out is irrelevant if players aren't performing, they aren't winning balls they should be and are making a mess of absolute basic passes/crosses/shots/tackles/headers. There is only so much McGhee can do before the responsibility lies with the players to at least do the minimum requirements on the pitch. For whatever reason that's not happening and I'm not sure how much difference McGhee can make in a situation like that.

I think the fact that I started sincerely clapping when we managed to string a 3rd pass together without losing possession sums it up. In comparison to the usual '2 passes and lose it' those odd 3rd passes were absolutely subliminal.

Strange days eh.

Fuckin' abysmal performance. I thought we couldn't get much worse than Kilmarnock but how wrong was that. No fight whatsoever in the team and a complete lack of anyone being able to take the bull by the horns and get us going. What annoyed me most was the way we only seemed to dig in when we lost the first goal before half time and by then it was too little too late. Why couldn't we have started like that? Get right in amongst them giving them no time to think. We really need to start fighting for every ball and hope we get a bit of luck in front of goal very, very quickly. Has MM lost the dressing room 'cos it certainly looks like the guys aren't prepared to fight like they did last year? Ragin' :lol:

Quinn is a dreadful, dreadful footballer. Canny pass and tackling is suspect. From yesterday he really looks like he does not have the technique required to play in centre mid, if anywhere. McGarry can fuck off back to St. Mirren, breathing out his arse after half an hour. Taking off Murphy was an absolutely baffling decision too.

Jim O'Brien, why the fuck did we pay money for him? Truly hopeless. Maybe he needs a run of games or a start to get going, but when you consider we could've offered the money we gave Celtic for him to Norwich for Lappin, its a dreadful deal.

No effort, no desire.

Saunders looks like a fairly competent defender though.

Haggischomper suggested yesterday that maybee MM has lost the dressing room and I accused him of being a conspiracy theorist. However having thought about it afterwards, I began to wonder. Reason? Well a bit thin but has anybody noticed how in the last two games Keith Lasley has looked totally disinterested and hardly got involved. Now this is totally unlike Keith as he always plays his heart out regardless. So maybe Haggis is not as far off the mark as I first suggested.

Also, like him or loathe him, did you see Malcolm's body language yesterday sitting on the bench? He looked totally pissed off. Can you blame him? Been tried at centre-back, right-back and holding midfield and yet can't get a place before Klimpl (train wreck), Saunders (17-year old inexperienced kid) and Quinn (useless as a defender and tried in midfield). McGhee pulled out all the stops to sign him and now....

Also, given MM had given a clear signal to the players that preferred going to Hearts at the end of last season as opposed to staying with them I for one don't think the players have responded to him in the same way they did last season and the seeds of the present malaise may lie there.