Accies On Saturday

Bop

Quinn is a dreadful, dreadful footballer. Canny pass and tackling is suspect. From yesterday he really looks like he does not have the technique required to play in centre mid, if anywhere. McGarry can fuck off back to St. Mirren, breathing out his arse after half an hour. Taking off Murphy was an absolutely baffling decision too.

Jim O'Brien, why the fuck did we pay money for him? Truly hopeless. Maybe he needs a run of games or a start to get going, but when you consider we could've offered the money we gave Celtic for him to Norwich for Lappin, its a dreadful deal.

No effort, no desire.

Saunders looks like a fairly competent defender though.

Couldn't believe one of Paul Quinn's passes yesterday. Player out wide, no more than 20 yards away, and he put it a good 10 yards to his right.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, given MM had given a clear signal to the players that preferred going to Hearts at the end of last season as opposed to staying with them I for one don't think the players have responded to him in the same way they did last season and the seeds of the present malaise may lie there.

If he preferred going to Hearts then why isn't he the Hearts manager? Even with his wage increase it was still less than Hearts offered (if rumours are to be believed) so it couldn't have been anything other than the players that kept him at the club. It certainly won't have been the fans that kept him here anyway.

Don't really have time to read through this whole thread so sorry if this is a repeat (which I assume it is) so what others have written.

Basically yesterday several of the players, in my opinion looked disinterested. When they scored a guy in front of me commented that maybe we'd get a bit of fight from the players now we were behind. That never happened and it should have.

Really can't see where the improvement is supposed to come from.

Also, even though we lost the players were upset, getting a bit of stick etc etc it was a bit rubbish Chris Porter was the only player to acknowledge the fans after the game.

Was really upset after the game, but listening to MMG and Crags I can't help but feel we are in a really bad patch at the moment but it must turn at some point. MMG has a great interview on the BBC if anyone has not listened to it. Must be the most composed manager we have ever had? and Crags says he is the best manager he has ever had, that gives them a stay of execution from me, hopefully we can turn it over Christmas!

Oan the Well

Not that its the same situation but the England players loved Eriksson because they could do whatever the feck they liked. A manager should be judged on results not whether the players like him or not.

I wanted him out yesterday but after calming down a bit:

• Its not McGhee's fault that Reynolds, Klimpl or whoever else he plays at centre half make moronic individual errors (the argument about not signing anyone comes back but thats for another thread) - that second goal defies belief at pub level never mind the friggin SPL.
  • We were the better team yesterday between the two boxes and by quite a distance - we sort out one of the boxes then I reckon we will do OK, sort them both out we could be top six.
  • We are lacking confidence big style, McGhee seems to be getting them confident when they take the pitch but as soon as we go behind or something goes wrong the belief saps out of them.

If that game had gone another way yesterday, Porter's effort had gone in or McCarthy hadn't finished (a midfielder who can - where they get one of them?) I honestly believe we would have won. The same could be said on Monday night. There comes a time when this kind of run cannot be allowed to continue indefinitely and I think we either need to make a decision right after the St Mirren game if we have only taken another a couple of points. Therefore giving a new person a chance to come in and make the changes in the window or we stick to him until the end of the season.

By Boxing day we were ten ahead of Dunfermline in the Malpas season and then we got sucked back into it as we got into a false sense of security after the season appeared over after the cup defeat and Malpas did not have the ability to turn that round because all the others were scrapping and we were in a comfort zone and we did not come out of it. This season we are in a battle because we have not been good enough.

Quinn is a dreadful, dreadful footballer. Canny pass and tackling is suspect. From yesterday he really looks like he does not have the technique required to play in centre mid, if anywhere. McGarry can fuck off back to St. Mirren, breathing out his arse after half an hour. Taking off Murphy was an absolutely baffling decision too.

Jim O'Brien, why the fuck did we pay money for him? Truly hopeless. Maybe he needs a run of games or a start to get going, but when you consider we could've offered the money we gave Celtic for him to Norwich for Lappin, its a dreadful deal.

No effort, no desire.

Saunders looks like a fairly competent defender though.

Right, Quinn is a good footballer don't care what anyone says.A couple of his sliding tackles were brillant yesterday don't see how he gets so much flack.He moves into good spaces and made some decent passes don't know how many players look more interested than Quinn yesterday.J'OB - how can u possibly attempt to criticise him for his performance yesterday :P ? He hasn't been given a chance he gets 20 minutes at the most every second game, he looked bright when he came on yesterday a couple of crosses from difficult positions down the wing.I agree what you are saying he hasn't been given a chance but i dont think it's okay to call him "hopeless" when the guy has had as much chance as charlie adam attempting to score in a brothel.Agree about McGarry he had a few good months last season now looks shite again.

Just want to put forward my opinions on the cuurent problems with the well squad.

1. Mcghee- Poor decision making, tactics, substitutions and innefictive summer signings (O'Brien, Klimpl?)

2. Mcgarry- Not an SPl quality player and thats a fact. The effort he puts into a game does not make up for the fact that hes pish.

3.Strikers- Personally i think Porters quality, although a little of form, why persist with playing Sutton alongside him when it is clearly not working.

4.Midfield- We have a decent midfield but it's embarrasing when you watch a player scared to get the ball (i.e. McGarry, Fitzy). Lasley, why are you scared to make a fecking penertraing pass or a shot that can actually reach the opposition goal?

5. Murphy and D.Smith- Looked like decent prospects last season, but right now loook pretty weak and out of their depth. Both need to bulk up big time!

Thats the rant over but just needed to say what was so obvious.

BBC has it as 3527 - still poor though.

However as many have said £22 to get in, Live on TV, The week before Christmas and all that. So it's not the supporters' fault.

How many did we take over there? By the look of that attendance, it was 1500 at best. 22 quid is a lot of cash in the run up to Christmas, especially with economic times not that great at the moment. Clubs have to start realising that they're competing with a lot of other forms of entertainment and show some initiative to get more people in.

was a bit rubbish Chris Porter was the only player to acknowledge the fans after the game.

Yes I noticed this too, not for the first time this season our players have made a b-line for the dressing room ignoring the fans as if they don't exist. Even if some of the supporters are giving a bit of stick, not all are... plus, they are professional sportsmen and I would at least expect them to acknowledge (even a token gesture would suffice) their customers that pay good money to watch, support and contribute to the cause.

My personal take on things is that none of them really want to be there at the moment, not that I mean away from Motherwell, just not around their team-mates or manager or the park... almost as if they turned up, clocked in and cant wait to get home from work.

I hope I'm wrong, because if I'm even half right - we DO have big problems!

We were the better team yesterday between the two boxes and by quite a distance - we sort out one of the boxes then I reckon we will do OK, sort them both out we could be top six.

Whilst I agreed with most of what Tweed says, I think the line I've quoted is slightly misleading as it could be read that our midfield seems to be fine. Whilst indeed I thought we were slightly the better of two teams, my biggest criticism is that the midfield ain't working hard enough. They aren't giving the defence enough protection and they ain't creating the same amount of chances as they were last season and they aren't helping the team out enough by scoring goals. Whilst Keith Lasley has prob been our best midfielder this season, I can't help but think that his own career hasn't progressed any further due to his lack of ability to score goals. McGarry should be contributing more goals as he's played striker for a few teams yet I struggle to recall the last time he really had any chance of note. Jamie Murphy and Darren Smith get few chances but I'm happy to forgive this if they put a few more telling crosses which really but the keeper and defence under pressure as Porter and Sutton will take the majority of chances created in close vicinity to the goal but instead they are having to create their own chances around the box by themselves.

I do believe we've enough quality to get out of this mess and push a bit higher up the table. The thing which makes the defeats all the more hurtful is the fact that we would jump a couple of positions had we got a win in any of the last few games. We need to work harder and be more hungry than we are at present. The creative football of last season will get us out this mess and our "fighting" football seems to be play it long and this just isn't working nor is it good enough.

Waited till i calmed down to post.Biggest thing for me was the total lack of fight after we went one down.Next two games are total must win games.Ps That fat dick of a "Security Supervisor" at the front of the stand couldnt wait to throw our fans out.He was like a slevering dug waiting on one of us doing something wrong. absolute c**t :P

Did you miss Klimpl's booking? If that not fight then god knows what is!

After watching the highlights you can only take a couple of things from it! Accies are Good Long Ball Merchants and we have to learn to take our chances. I think that is the first time this season where highlights made us look the better team while losing.

And a third, why the fuck Reynolds thought it was a good idea to use his right foot to try and clear a ball over his shoulder when his left foot, his strongest foot could have done the job just as easily! :lol:

Having driven 200 miles, I was less than impressed at Saturday's lacklustre performance. To conceed 4 goals in our last 2 games to two of the worst teams I have ever witnessed says it all really.

Left NDP on Sat feeling very low .................. but don't know what to suggest, and shouting abuse at players don't do me any good.