Accies On Saturday

Bop

I love how folks opinions differ on certain players.

To me, Fitzy is a bit of a non entity. I don't really rate him.

I'd rather have a new midfielder all together, but would play McGarry over Fitzy.

I never slated Fitzpartick and never been against him, he always battles for the cause but, McGarry does nothing, actually less than nothing!

He is mega talented at looking like a tomato after 15mins though!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

according to official site we have sold 541 tickets for this tie pity it is so dear & just before christmas. maybe, just maybe we will turn things around at N.D.P. fingers & everything else possible crossed that the team we know & love turns up & gives us fans an early christmas present ;)

I thought McGarry was a different player at the start of last season. He looked mega fit and playing really well... But i think a lot of that was to do with the form of those round about him. This year when everyone is playing poor he looks like an absolute passenger at times. He should never be played on the wing as he has no pace or skill to get past a player... Just think how bad Obrian must be in training if he cant get a look in when we are playing 442 ahead of McGaz!

according to official site we have sold 541 tickets

I don't see what the point is of saying how many tickets we've sold. Is it meant to make us feel guilty that we've only sold that many? The article would've been far more informative had it listed what the ticket office opening hours were so folk knew when was the last time they could get tickets.

I don't see what the point is of saying how many tickets we've sold. Is it meant to make us feel guilty that we've only sold that many? The article would've been far more informative had it listed what the ticket office opening hours were so folk knew when was the last time they could get tickets.

I agree with that

I agree with that

Ditto

Unless the ticket office is open late tomorrow night, I'm goosed as the wee fella has footie early Saturday, so that's not an option :lol: though I don't have a problem with the numbers sold being listed - if it was ever close to allocation, it would help me decide whether to hassle through or not

MON RA DOSSERS

We may as well drop Hughes.

Yes, he is the most creative player in our team, and yes he can have a moment of brilliance to find a pass.

But, the way this team is playing right now, we are bypassing the midfield and Hughes is playing a Houdini role for most of the game, while the ball sails about 20ft above his head.

I'd say to Shug to demand the ball more, work harder and come deeper to get it. To the rest of the team to work harder and provide more options to the ball carrier, allowing us to play the ball on the deck the way that suits us.

I don't really care what the starting line up is, no-one has kicked their own arse all season and nothing is going to change overnight regardless of how we line up. The starting 11 are shite and the subs are even worse. We should've fired up for the Killie game after a two week lay off and facing a run of "do or die" games. Instead it was the same old hit and hope pish we were served up. This horrible scenario was on the cards back in the summer and nothing, seemingly, was done about it. We are now reaping the rewards for McGhee having hee haw contacts and little, if any, imagination in the transfer market.

We need at least 5 new decent players in January lest we're fucked. And even then I have no faith in McGhee to bring in the right players. The only decent player he brought to the club was Lappin and he was allowed to go, yet Malcolm and O'Brien are brought in!

What baffles me is that against Hibs and Kilmarnock we had a spell where we got the ball on the deck and created a few chances - and then just reverted back to the long ball.

If we are going to insist on the long ball we have to play a team suitable for the tactic and we simply aren't doing that just now.

Pick a team to suit the tactics or pick a tactic to suit the team you play - we're doing neither.

We must play Murphy up front with Porter on saturday and Fitzpatrick on the left side of midfield cos i just know that Reynolds no matter how crap he plays will be in his usual central defensive role which means Accies are 1 up before the game starts. Saw him on tv tonight saying not to panic??? Now where's me prozac. Im going for a 2-1 win only because they are a wee bit more pish than us. :rolleyes: .

So, for a game like Accies, I would go with..

Smith

Saunders (done nothing to justify being taken out the team, especially not for Quinn)

Klimpl

Reynolds

Hammell

McGarry (not that I think he is good enough to start, more a case of having the willingness to get stuck in)

Las

Fitzy (same boat as McGarry)

Clarky (if fit, otherwise Murphy, we need the combination of pace, and height up front)

Sutton

Porter

If we were going to start with that side we'd have to play the long ball and cut midfield out. No pace or creativity whatsoever there. Keith Lasley would hold the middle no problem against anything the Accies could throw at us but he's not the fastest guy in the world and he couldn't rely on the other two to do that.

Will be watching this from the comfort of my couch while supping some Irn Bru, muching on a Bacon Sarnie and nursing a predictably outrageous hangover.

I am actually looking forward to seeing the game on Telly, don't think I've done that before with the 'Well. It means I can switch it over when we are 3-0 down :rolleyes:

I really don't know about a prediction actually - of course we could win, we could also easily be horsed. That aint right.

If we were going to start with that side we'd have to play the long ball and cut midfield out. No pace or creativity whatsoever there. Keith Lasley would hold the middle no problem against anything the Accies could throw at us but he's not the fastest guy in the world and he couldn't rely on the other two to do that.

That was my point. If you hadn't cut the top of my post and read from the start, you would have seen that I agree and that we would no doubt continue to use our recent "tactics" (and I use that word loosely) and play the ball from back-to-front. So, therefore playing Hughes would be pointless, and a midfield of no creativity with Las, McGarry and Fitzy would be adequate if we persevere with the over-the-top pish.

A reminder of what I had said:

We may as well drop Hughes.

Yes, he is the most creative player in our team, and yes he can have a moment of brilliance to find a pass.

But, the way this team is playing right now, we are bypassing the midfield and Hughes is playing a Houdini role for most of the game, while the ball sails about 20ft above his head. So, when the long ball doesn't work (which it hasn't) the opposition gain possession and we NEED midfielders then that can battle/tackle have a bit of dig about them and quickly win possession back, and in that case McGarry, Fitzy, Las are the best 3 to play in there.

But, if we eventually realise that humping it clearly ain't working then we can easily fit Hughes back in the team and play the ball on the deck and through him.

So, for a game like Accies, I would go with..

Smith

Saunders (done nothing to justify being taken out the team, especially not for Quinn)

Klimpl

Reynolds

Hammell

McGarry (not that I think he is good enough to start, more a case of having the willingness to get stuck in)

Las

Fitzy (same boat as McGarry)

Clarky (if fit, otherwise Murphy, we need the combination of pace, and height up front)

Sutton

Porter

We were talking about this at the game on monday and couldn't remember winning a Setanta game but I've not checked it out.

We won very few Sky games either although there were home wins against the Old Firm in the administration season when we finished bottom.

Sandwiched in between the Sky and Setanta deals were the BBC deal.

And we had wins over Rangers and Celtic (Faddy on target in both, with Fagan also scoring against Celtic).

We also beat Sheepies in the LC QF, on the Beeb.

But, we have never won on Setanta unfortunately (possibly the worst Motherwell performance I have ever seen occurred on a Setanta broadcast - Pars Away - Malpas Era), although have drew 3 of the last 4 games against Rangers on Setanta.