Looks Definite Now He's Off !

WELLDAFT

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Readin between the lines to what Boyle is saying I don't think we are gonna have a manager in time for Europe. This could take a while!!!! Will also mean no new players . So its u19s in Europe!!!

I don't know if that's how I read it. But Europe takes second place to getting the right guy in place, strengthening the squad and surviving for another year in the SPL in the current environment.

Europe was a nice wee bonus, and may well end up being a great wee adventure, however as of 20 mins ago our priorities officially changed.

I don't know if that's how I read it. But Europe takes second place to getting the right guy in place, strengthening the squad and surviving for another year in the SPL in the current environment.

Europe was a nice wee bonus, and may well end up being a great wee adventure, however as of 20 mins ago our priorities officially changed.

Agreed. The European matches should now be looked upon as pre-season fixtures and the priority is a new management team geared for a successful SPL season, if we are still in Europe when the new format kicks in big-style then fair enough but for now it's not important - getting the right man in place is.

Stuart.

Totally agree with you m8. Wasn't really moaning about was just merely reportin ma interpretation on the statement. I just hope the club can keep us informed on the progress maybe they can give us wee snippets on the boss like they did for the strip :lol: And then unveil him at the Wigan game :lol:

To be honest with the european games still a few weeks away I'd hope we have someone in for the ties themselves if not the entirety of the preparation. Not so much for the sake of our european adventure but to give the new guy ample time to assess the squad and make signings.

Depending on who we looking at(compensation issues which could lengthen the process) and who applies I'd hope that 7-10 days from now we would be on the verge of making that decision at the latest.

mutley was on skysports news there saying that its a dream come true for him and he felt that we would have more stability with his squad and wont have to sell his best players.he also said that it was the motherwell fans and staff that got him his move to aberdeen :lol:

£200,000 is the value of the contract if you want to get him, as has been said, you wouldn't go into Argos/Comet/wherever and try to haggle would you?

You'd be surprised how many people do (and get a discount)... I blame Dom Littlewood!

I interpreted it the same way and I'm quite happy to see Boyle go down that route.

would someone like Terry be an option for that? Someone the club can trust, but not want to appoint as full time manager?

mutley was on skysports news there saying that its a dream come true for him and he felt that we would have more stability with his squad and wont have to sell his best players.he also said that it was the motherwell fans and staff that got him his move to aberdeen :lol:

Its a dream because he said he wants to manage at the clubs he played for. Guess what club he mentioned before Aberdeen's though (no prizes !!) :lol:

I don't recall posting his application/begging letter to the Pen, anyone else?

Really am beginning to feel rather bitter about this now. It is making the good things he did seem like a far and distant memory already......

He wont be missed. Other managers have got us into Europe and led us to mid-table obscurity in the past, and I'm sure that others will in the future. McGhee has left at a good time, as his stock would probably have fallen after next season due to the loss of some key players and his inability to sign anyone else.

We played some exciting football in the first year, but McCormack (nice signing Mr Backpass) and Hughes can take a share of the plaudits there. Porter was also a plus, but the main reason the latter two came to the club was the money offered by our chairman.

Mark McGhee was defniitely a good manager, and he showed the benefits of bringning in someone with experience to the job, but he's not the messiah, and I will take a couple of extra losses next year if it means we'll have a less hoorish manager.