Your Nancy Adventure

Guest 'Flow

Guest 'Flow

Hey folks,

We are putting together the souvenir European programme(s) ahead of the Europa League campaign scheduled to kick off in three weeks time (hard to believe eh?).

Anyway, a nice feature I thought was trying to include the fans' best stories from the trip to Nancy last Autumn. You often hear from players or celebs but often the best and most interesting tales are that of the fans themselves.

So, if you have a funny, sad, adventurous or downright good story tell from your trip (and you have a couple of decent pictures to go with it), then I would be delighted to hear from you.

We're looking for stories and tales; anything between 750 and 1500 words from your trip to France. We'll pick the best ones and include them in the programme vs team TBC in July. If we get loads of good ones and progress, we'll do it as a feature over the good few games we'll hopefully get on the 2009/2010 European Tour.

So get your creative hats on - any submissions and pics (the higher res the better) should be sent to my club email at alan.burrows 'at' motherwellfc.co.uk before June 22nd if possible (please mark the Subject 'My Nancy Adventure'.

Look forward to hearing from you... :thumbup:

'Flow

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest 'Flow

You'd be suprised :thumbup:

Naw, anything is welcome. If it's a brilliant story and we can dilute the edgy bits slightly to include it then we will!

Must say as well that not all stories are guaranteed to be included (depends really on the response)...

Cheers

'Flow

Guest 'Flow

I heard about that... You could scan the bill in too and send it on! :thumbup:

That's exactly the kind of thing that we're after... Would make for right decent reading I reckon.

'Flow

You can have my story of the split head along with a copy of the bill received from the Nancy Hospital which has remained unpaid!

That sounds like a belter. McStallion going missing for 10 hours can also be included.

i know some1 that fell asleep during came and woke up 4 the penalty and thot we were winning 2-0, then fell asleep on a moterway! before a random fellow well fan thru him in a taxi and took him 2 his hotel

Will get it scanned in and sent on with a story of events. However your probably best asking the other people in the square as I dont have a great memory of the incident as I was out my tits!

Mitch was it you who fell in the stadium and ended up two rows down

I think flying from Beijing to Sydney to LA to NYC to Paris and driving from there to see the game and then flying the same way back has to be the longest trip ever taken to see a well game. It was the only way I could go in order to get there and back within the times I wanted. Did the whole trip in a week! Ive never felt so tired after Nancy!!

I think flying from Beijing to Sydney to LA to NYC to Paris and driving from there to see the game and then flying the same way back has to be the longest trip ever taken to see a well game. It was the only way I could go in order to get there and back within the times I wanted. Did the whole trip in a week! Ive never felt so tired after Nancy!!
Typical glory hunter. Only making a token effort when there is a big game to be played.

:P

After the game my son's mate who was about 16, went to the toilet in the Pheonix bar and somehow slept through the mayhem and when he came out ,the pub was locked and everyone had gone home :P ,he banged on the window but because of all the Well fans about singing, no one could hear him. So he helped himself to some free drink and eventually got rescued hours later by the Police getting the owner to open up.The Gendarmes gave him a lift back to our hotel.Apparantley they were totally gobsmacked by the amount of alcohol in the young lads room.I cannot confirm their views as i was totally oot my tree in the next room :P .

The look of disgust on an old dears face when she read a banner in Stanislas square that read "Sentez votre mere" was priceless!

I was told it was french for "Smell your maw" but after a quick google translation I've discovered it means "Feel your mother" :P

Funny none the less

Also recall pissin myself at some guy that had scaled the big statue at one of the corners on Stanislas square :P

Happy days!