Scott Leitch

postiejim

Last time I was this annoyed about someone leaving our club was when McLeish left. McGhee has said and done so much more than when he was with us for over a month so it seems and he's only been gone a couple of days!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I was this annoyed about someone leaving our club was when McLeish left. McGhee has said and done so much more than when he was with us for over a month so it seems and he's only been gone a couple of days!

...from the Dept of I Think I Know What You Mean.... :lol:

Think he's refering to the fact he spent a looong time playing for the jambo's and therefore has a sheen of scumminess that will never entirely be eradicated :lol:

JB took him from the wilderness and brought him back to Fir Park and what loyalty does he show? F*** All !Wasnt defending him only stating facts. Aye he`s got the scum factor

That's one way of putting it. The other more generous way is that he realised that he is still someone learning his trade in management, and who may have not been ready for a job where there would have been too few resources at his disposal and where there would have been too much expectation given a good past two years.

Thats a very generous take on the situation. If that was his view, and theres nothing wrong in that, he could have shown some loyalty and asked JB if he could remain at Fir Park as No 2. That way he could have helped the club out in its hour of need and repaid the faith and loyalty shown in him.

Its quite possible that he's been offered a substantial wage increase and thats why he's moving on.

he could have shown some loyalty and asked JB if he could remain at Fir Park as No 2.
Thing is though, by keeping a number 2 here we restrict ourselves to who we can bring in as a manager. most managers want to bring in theiir own assistant. perhaps he did ask JB to stay on but was turned down. we were fortunate the last time with mcghee, but perhaps we wouldn't be so lucky next time.

It worries me that we offered him the managers post, that had Malpas mark 2 written all over it.

but was he??, or is that all paper(Leitch) talk??

Motherwell are hardly likely to deny it, but it ups his CV (I was offered the job at FP) :lol:

Is it paper talk? Was he really offered it, or a position within the club and only as interim manager until a full-time appointment? Whatever, he could never have been a good appointment as manager. Not unti lthere was real evidence of experience, and he hasn't too much of that as yet.

I wouldn't have objected to Scott Leitch staying as a number two. It's not unheard of for clubs to keep the same assistant manager over the period of several managers at the club. I'm sure Don Howe at Arsenal was one, Steve Clarke at Chelsea and Alex Miller at Liverpool are other examples so I don't think it would have been that detrimental to the search for a manager. But he chose to move on so, so we do the same.

If we are to appoint Gannon or another manager with no prior connection to the club, I would like to see someone as number two who has been at Fir Park before. Obviously this person would have to have coaching experience but the knowledge of how things work at Fir Park, the way the fans think, the history of the club would, for me, be an advantage. Anything that helped a new manager adapt to Motherwll and the SPL quicker would surely be a good thing...

I would not be surprised to find out that Leitch was offered the manager's post at Well. I assume that part of JB's view on installing Leitch as number 2 before McGhee was appointed would have been with a view to him taking the number 1 post in the future.

Having said that I am not unhappy that he has apparently turned the job down. It is now the time for a fresh start

Obviously this person would have to have coaching experience but the knowledge of how things work at Fir Park, the way the fans think, the history of the club would, for me, be an advantage. Anything that helped a new manager adapt to Motherwll and the SPL quicker would surely be a good thing...

Aye, cos Jim Griffin was a roaring success with Kampman eh?

I love reading London Irish's self serving spin, Leitch is looking out for number 1, no one else, if he can raise his own stock simply by riding the coat tails of McGhee he could land himself a very lucrative place kissing the opposite cheek on Mcghee's arse from wee Strachan, erm as assistant to McGhee at his next gig....

Eh he`s not a jambo , he was brought up in Cambusnethan and went to Coltness high school and if i remember right he supported the h**s !!

You remember wrong, he was always a Motherwell fan, my wife's related to him.

Scott was a member of Motherwell Boys Club in the mid eighties, if memory serves they won the lot one season, but for some reason was not kept on and ended up at Dunfermline.

You remember wrong, he was always a Motherwell fan, my wife's related to him.

Scott was a member of Motherwell Boys Club in the mid eighties, if memory serves they won the lot one season, but for some reason was not kept on and ended up at Dunfermline.

I remember wrong then.maybe? :D , ;) thanks for putting me right!maybe?