Steelmen tie stirs Cormack memories

numpty

I remember when he was at Motherwell in the 80's, can't believe he's still only 43!

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.a...990569?UserKey=

INVERURIE Locos’ home Scottish Cup fourth-round match against Motherwell will be the perfect fixture for the Garioch club’s assistant manager Mike Cor-mack.

The 43-year-old is a former Well player and said: “After only a couple of weeks with Deveronvale I signed for Motherwell in 1983.

“I was there until I moved to Kilmarnock in 1984 and later to Falkirk before coming back to Cove Rangers in the Highland League.

“I played in midfield under three managers during my time at Fir Park, Jock Wallace, Bobby Watson and then Tommy McLean.

“With the Vale of Leithen match being called off a few times it was very frustrating, even more so as my wife comes from Motherwell so friends and family were continuously on the phone asking if the game was on or off.

“I would imagine one of my biggest problems will be getting tickets for the couple of mini-buses full of friends and family we are expecting to be coming up.

“I couldn’t believe it when Motherwell came out of the hat, but I am really pleased the players have the chance to play a Premier League side on our own patch.

“We have nothing to lose.”

Locos are giving Motherwell 500 tickets for their 2,500 capacity ground in the all-ticket tie at Harlaw Park on January 10.

Segregation will apply for visiting supporters who will be housed at the north end of the ground.

Home supporters will be able to buy their tickets before and during this Saturday’s Highland League game against Keith, from 2-4pm at the club shop inside the ground.

They will also be sold on Monday 22 and Tuesday December 23 between 7-9pm in the club’s social club.

Individuals will be restricted to a maximum of two tickets per person which will cost £15 for adults and £7 for concessions and children.

In the event of a postponement or a replay, the tie will take place on Wednesday January 21, kicking off at 7.45pm.

Guest JohnnyDefault

I vaguely remember the guy - not a great period if I mind right

17 games 1 goal according to Infamous Wee grafters table.

It's amazing how these ties always throw up connections. There were a few well connections at vale of leithen as well - I'm sure they had players and club officials and sponsors that are dyed in the wool dossers.

I mind his goal too, it was in the First Division against Ayr at Fir Park in September 1984, a ripper of a back post volley at the south end.

Anyone else recall that goal?

I recall a wee story involving Mike Cormack and myself actually. He came down on the Supporters Bus which used to leave Fir Park in the early 80s (August 84 to be exact) for a League Cup tie at Ayr. We lost one nil, and the whole bus was in a bit of a downer. Needless to say, yours truly decided to inadvertently cheer the bus up, and Mr Cormack especially, by being stung by a wasp not just once but twice. He was beside himself with laughter, seemed to cheer up the rest of the bus as well!