Looking Forward To New Season

Glasgowfan

First post. Wanted to say hello. Be gentle.

But had to ask. Why is everyone else not looking forward to the new season?

OK we lost our manager. We had a good run, he took us into Europe, third in the league, acquitted himself with dignity at the Uncle Phil tragedy. Sure, I almost barfed when he began whoreing himself around Scotland looking for a new job, but all the best. Don't know who new manager will be. No one does. But John Boyle has run a few companies in his time, knows about recuiting people, will be taking plenty of advice, and some of the names being mentioned sound pretty good to me.

Second. New pitch. Embarrassing last season getting slagged off for that cowfield. Bound to be an improvement.

Third. Europe. Fans moaning about the price? Fifteen quid for God's sake. You wouldn't even get a ticket for the Krankies at that price. And moans about going to Airdrie? Get train into Glasgow and train out. It's hardly climbing Everest.

Losing players. Any new manager, even without a transfer budget, can pick up a few good players who are being released all over the place because of the economy. There will be new faces, and that's a good thing.

And finally, those that are already maoning about relegation worries? Come on! St Mirren will be down there, Hamilton Accies poor form in last half of season will put them down there, Falkirk will be down there. Kilmarnock might blow up. No reason why Motherwell won't be fighting again for a top six finish, a wee run in Europe, maybe a run in the cup. What's not to like?

New manager, new players, new pitch, new Europe campaign. Surely that's something to look forward to?

To be honest, I think most folk just need something different to moan about while there's no games going on :woop: As soon as the players get back for pre-season and the build-up to Europe begins proper, we'll likely all be lapping it up again!

of course folk are looking forward to the new season.

today - i cut our fixtures out the paper and put them in my wallet.

monday - european draw, the board will go mental

hopefully sometime in the next week - new boss, again expect a frenzy on here

two weeks today - our first game which could be almost anywhere between iceland and china but definitely not in motherwell.

at some point in the future - we will sign a player (i hope).

this is the best close season ever. normally you get at least a month without much happening and the only chat on here is who smashed what at the masters. right now the telly's hoaching with sport - two fitba tournaments, lions, 20/20, us open and wimbledon soon - plus we've got all this going on. nae withdrawal symptons this year.

Every year I look forward to the new season with a mixture of joyful anticipation and absolute terror. Will this be our year in the cups? Can we sustain a challenge in the league? Can we avoid a relegation battle? Can we avoid going out of the Cup to the likes of Alloa or Queen's Park? That's the thing about being a Motherwell fan we're never quite sure how we'll perform from one season to the next. It's no coincidence that muy stomach starts playing up around about this time of year. The truth is I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

Every year I look forward to the new season with a mixture of joyful anticipation and absolute terror. Will this be our year in the cups? Can we sustain a challenge in the league? Can we avoid a relegation battle? Can we avoid going out of the Cup to the likes of Alloa or Queen's Park? That's the thing about being a Motherwell fan we're never quite sure how we'll perform from one season to the next. It's no coincidence that muy stomach starts playing up around about this time of year. The truth is I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

But mostly looking forward to seening the mighty well take to the field in their new Canturbury strip?

Cautious optimism is my usual state pre-season! As soon as we get a manager in and bolster the squad I'll feel better. Right now I'm more cautious than optimistic, but that will no doubt change!

I'm choking for this season to start, feels like the withdrawal symptoms are starting already. :notworthy:

Had a Jambohun in work today giving it big licks telling me how they're going to poach all of our good players and pump us at every opportunity, then he reassured me that we're the favourites for the drop...

Full of shite doesn't even begin to cover it. :thumbup:

I think it's quite hard to look forward to the new season at the moment, when we have a new manager and we have a few signing targets then i will be happier. Too much happening at the one time with players leaving, manager leaving and doubts about other players who may be leaving. Hopefully things will be changing by the end of next week.

But mostly looking forward to seening the mighty well take to the field in their new Canturbury strip?

I'm a Motherwell fan I'd cheer them on if they were wearing bin sacks.

I'm entitled to an opinion on the strips and the manager the fact that I might not like either of them still wont stop me from backing the team 100%.