Official First Qualifying Round Thread

GazzyB

Should probably get it live on the UEFA website Andy.

First 2 rounds are drawn tomorrow so you will know if we are potential home and away dates for the first 2 rounds.

Edit - Could Desp, Bingo or yourself keep me updated via e-mail on the draw!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's the pot with the seeded teams and the pot with the unseeded teams. One team will be picked from each pot and put into a separate pot, so there's just the two teams. Then they are drawn out of that new pot randomly, so either the seeded or the unseeded team could be at home first.

By the way, do we know how many tickets per season ticket holder are allowed for the away leg.Or does it depend on the draw?

Depends on who we get and the size of the stadium because that will determine the number of tickets we are allowed. If the game is in Baku you will get a ticket if you want. If its TNS or Llanelli there may be an almighty scramble :O

Depends on who we get and the size of the stadium because that will determine the number of tickets we are allowed. If the game is in Baku you will get a ticket if you want. If its TNS or Llanelli there may be an almighty scramble :O

Your having a laugh aint you? There will be bugger all ticket scramble for any European match this season.

For that reason alone a Welsh team is the dream draw for the first round. Let's be honest though, will players be really that short on fitness and match practise ? It feels like yesterday the season finished.

I'm sure the gap between old season and Mypa starting would have been a lot longer.

Lets not forget that most of our potential opponents are part way thru their seasons. Remember Mypa ?? :O

Do you really think a Welsh side would beat us over two legs?

Even with our threadbare squad we are more than capable in seeing off a Welsh or Northern Irish side.

I have to be honest there's part of me that shares Special's unease at playing someone who might be in the middle of their season.

I would like to think that we'll have enough to see us into the 2nd round regardless of who we get once you start getting the Scandanavians or even the teams from Eire (who have proved troublesome in the past to Scottish sides) who have an edge on fitness then it could get a bit tricky.

But lets take care of the first things first and see who we get tomorrow.

Do you really think a Welsh side would beat us over two legs?

Even with our threadbare squad we are more than capable in seeing off a Welsh or Northern Irish side.

Exactly!! The welsh teams are on a par with the highland league. Inverurie would be alot of the teams in that league, maybe they wont find it easy against Rhyl or TNS but they would give them a hell of a game and would be in with a chance of victory.