Fao Flow Or Anyone Who Saw Training Today

if they don't turn up to training they shouldn't get their last weeks wages :cheers:

buzz - he had an excellent season - especially the last six months - and should have offers on the table. you'd also imagine that any new manager would be willing to give fraser a chance and spend his budget on other areas. so i doubt we'll see buzz resplendent in pink next season. i'm very sad to see him go, tap man.

hughes - got a feeling he's waiting for rangers and now they've got champions league money they're looking at other options. can't see him playing for any other scottish team than us or the h**s, i don't think any other diddy team can offer him much more than he was was on at fir park and playing here suits him personally. he probably has offers down south and abroad it just depends on what his ambitions are. i think there's a chance of him signing if we bring in a manger and some players who show we're meaning business next season. really hope we sign him as he allows us to play fitba on the deck.

mclean - suprised he looks like leaving but i don't think he'll be missed much if he does go. probably values himself higher than we do after all his injuries. i don't think we'll miss him anyway, he looks impressive 90% of the time then loses his man and costs us a goal. i'd rather see saunders, hutchison and page get a chance than break the bank to sign him.

klimpl - would be a good signing but isn't worth the money. i'd imagine his wage demands would be high and the danish club will be looking for something. provided us with dig when we needed it but if you put his best run up against lasley's first 11 games then wee keith comes out ahead. keith was playing out his skin when others were poor, when maros came in quinn, crags, o'brien , porter and hughes had all found a bit of form. cheerio maros.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed that Gannon was photographed in the Metro this morning resplendant in 'Well training kit. Delighted to see him on the training ground even though he's not officially being unveiled as yet.

Obviously the more time he can put in with his new players before Thursday the better.

Clearly there's a limit as to what he can in the space of a few short days but I have wondered how deeply Craggs might have delved in terms of tactics, formation, team-selection etc with Thursday in mind.

I read Lasley saying there was a lot of ball work in comparison to the norm at this stage of pre-season but it surely must all have been with fitness in mind.

Couldn't agree more with Steelboys summing up of Maclean. Always seems to flatter to deceive in my opinion. Looks good on the ball and defends well in the most part but whether it's a concentration issue or not, sells a good few goals by being caught in the wrong position or just letting opponents go.

Believe he is no great loss and Hutchison or Page could replace him easily.

Perhaps going a little far to suggest that a youngster can step in and replace an experienced professional - but yes, both Page and Hutchison appear to have the ability, but possibly need to improve on their strength etc.

Mind you, I base that only on the couple of games that I have seen them play in, which is to say not a lot!

Couldn't agree more with Steelboys summing up of Maclean. Always seems to flatter to deceive in my opinion. Looks good on the ball and defends well in the most part but whether it's a concentration issue or not, sells a good few goals by being caught in the wrong position or just letting opponents go.

Is that not Reynolds ye'r talking about? McLean's biggest problem if he's has a fair view times been a Centre Back playing as a Right/Wing Back

He got capped?

One cap for Northern Ireland Haggis. The Irish FA then discovered that a FIFA ruling meant that he could no longer play for them, though I seem to remember reading something on the 'fishel a month or two back that the rule had been further amended and that he was back in with a shout of further caps.

A fair summing up. Injury certainly disrupted his career with us and although he promised much never quite warranted a regular starting slot. As you say always prone to making an error or two which on some occasions proved costly. A wee bit disappointed he hasn't shown more loyalty although we don't know the details of the deal offered to him, if any.

Anyway good luck to him wherever he ends up.

A fair summing up. Injury certainly disrupted his career with us and although he promised much never quite warranted a regular starting slot. As you say always prone to making an error or two which on some occasions proved costly. A wee bit disappointed he hasn't shown more loyalty although we don't know the details of the deal offered to him, if any.
So you're disappointed that a player you don't think is good enough for the first team hasn't re-signed? :lol:

When McLean is on his game, he's a good centre half who came in and played well when Craigan was out. He is very injury prone though and is awful as a full back.

No fussed either way to be honest, a decent player but far from irreplaceable.

I have a funny feeling Gannon is gonna find someone to replace McLean in about 10 mins flat - something McGhee promised us for two years and failed miserably at.

So you're disappointed that a player you don't think is good enough for the first team hasn't re-signed? :lol:

Not because of the fact that he's not actually re-signed more to do with the the fact that he didn't appear to show any loyalty by appearing not willing to negotiate. Had he said publicly that he would have liked to remain with us but wanted a longer deal/the club didn't offer him a deal or something along those lines, he would have come across in a better light.

As an aside, I can't say I disliked him as a player just that he did flatter to deceive as others have said. Useful as a squad player but I wouldn't die in a ditch to secure his services for a longer term.