Motherwell Vs Llanelli

Mourin-Hoe

Just a little on Llanelli. They are shit!

They also played their first pre-season friendly on Saturday against fellow Welsh Premier League outfit Port Talbot Town on the astroturf complex next to Stadium Parc-Y-Scarlets winning quite comfortably 3-0, club and leagues top goalscorer Rhys Griffiths who is four-time winner of the Welsh Premier Golden Boot award also winning it last year! Another player worth noting is 19 year old, Wales under-21 striker Jordan Follows who is one for the future.

Player/Manager Andy Legg is also a familiar face, having a long career playing for most notably Cardiff City and is new to the management game!

Bring it on!! Dont see any trouble in this at all, the flights for Albania should get booked now I think as the Welsh Premier League standard is in comparison with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd division teams of Scotland.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little on Llanelli. They are shit!

They also played their first pre-season friendly on Saturday against fellow Welsh Premier League outfit Port Talbot Town on the astroturf complex next to Stadium Parc-Y-Scarlets winning quite comfortably 3-0, club and leagues top goalscorer Rhys Griffiths who is four-time winner of the Welsh Premier Golden Boot award also winning it last year! Another player worth noting is 19 year old, Wales under-21 striker Jordan Follows who is one for the future.

Player/Manager Andy Legg is also a familiar face, having a long career playing for most notably Cardiff City and is new to the management game!

Bring it on!! Dont see any trouble in this at all, the flights for Albania should get booked now I think as the Welsh Premier League standard is in comparison with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd division teams of Scotland.

Please our little club may not be as big as yours but don't call us shit. You never know that comment might come back to haunt you one day. We're a good team with some really good up and coming talent, i don't expect to beat you lot over two legs but who knows. WE AIN'T SHIT!!!!

Aye, this billy big baws pish doesny wash with me either - I've followed this wonderfull football club too long to know that that stuff is a recipe for disaster.

All things being equal / things going to form we'll be in Albania in a cuppla weeks.

A professional display is what we need.

C'mon the well

Please our little club may not be as big as yours but don't call us shit. You never know that comment might come back to haunt you one day. We're a good team with some really good up and coming talent, i don't expect to beat you lot over two legs but who knows. WE AIN'T SHIT!!!!

Right now for all we know... Motherwell are shit!

I saw Llanelli play twice last year, you aren't that good BUT.. the Welsh league is a hard league as the range of standard is very poor up to actually no bad, in comparison to what we compete with every week Llanelli wouldn't do well with last seasons team in the SPL but hey as everyone has said.. dont rule out a shock! But in all seriousness with our very small squad... We should go through!

Lets get the facts right here. We have no manager, we have a less than threadbare squad, we could be giving a debut to a new keeper and our team are just back from their holidays in Benidorm where they have no doubt been soaking up birds, booze and paella!

I can't see anything other than a Llanelli victory.

If Motherwell lose over two legs to Llanelli then we should just pack up shop and forget about entering the Europa League every again. We should declare that if we end in a position to play in the Europa League we will pass it to the next club down. Saying that I don't think it is going to be easy.

Yes we'll be giving a Keeper a debut for Motherwell, but it's not like he has never played professional football before. And in fact he would have had tougher tests than Llanelli.

Saying that, I don't think it will be easy but they should be no real trouble over two legs.

If Motherwell lose over two legs to Llanelli then we should just pack up shop and forget about entering the Europa League every again. We should declare that if we end in a position to play in the Europa League we will pass it to the next club down. Saying that I don't think it is going to be easy.

Yes we'll be giving a Keeper a debut for Motherwell, but it's not like he has never played professional football before. And in fact he would have had tougher tests than Llanelli.

Saying that, I don't think it will be easy they're should be no real trouble over two legs.

:) You talk some pish pal.

Fraser

Quinn

Reynolds

Craigan

Hammel

O'Brien

Fitzpatrick

Lasley

Murphy

Clarkson

Sutton

That to me is a strong enough starting XI, granted have a few injuries then we're in trouble. The good news is if we get past Llanelli we have till now and 10 July 2009 to find more players to add to our squad. We're very lucky as our Home Grown lot well surpass our in take lot

I fully expect us to beat Llanelli over two legs, and maybe even with a bit to spare, but if we get to the later stages and draw a Premiership team, I'd be pretty pissed off to go onto their forum and read them all saying how shit we are.

Just like when we played Inverurie in the cup last year, we should show smaller clubs the respect we would expect ourselves - we're no Real Madrid at the end of the day.

I can see McGarry starting instead of Murphy to be honest. That way it gives us the option to switch 4-4-2 with 4-3-3. That line-up isn't too bad, but if Lasley gets injured at all this season our midfield will be snookered if signings aren't made.

It is a bit of a worry that Lasley wasn't deemed to be good enough to get off the bench for us most of last season, now it's absolutely crucial that he doesn't get injured. We need a lawnmower with ten guys to roll up to Fir Park for a photoshoot ASAP.

I think we'll win but I expect it to be close, we're playing out of our natural habitat at Airdrie, it our first games of the season and we barely back in training with a threadbare squad. Getting through by means is good enough for this round.

And we have been stuffed by many a smaller team in the cups in the past as we all know.

It is a bit of a worry that Lasley wasn't deemed to be good enough to get off the bench for us most of last season, now it's absolutely crucial that he doesn't get injured.

Not really. That's like worrying that Buzz isn't going to be between the sticks yet he played like 140 odd games in the last four seasons for us while Fraser and Meldrum don't get near that, with neither playing for us last season.

Not really. That's like worrying that Buzz isn't going to be between the sticks yet he played like 140 odd games in the last four seasons for us while Fraser and Meldrum don't get near that, with neither playing for us last season.

Erm...I am worried about that! Just not as much as I'm worried about a load of other things at the moment! With all due respect to goalkeepers, changing that position doesn't, in my opinion, have anywhere near as big an impact on the team and how they play as removing both first-choice centre mids, but it is still a tad concerning.