Paul Quinn

garethgardner

Cheers, if we keep this squad together and 2 more players in, I think we will do very well. Good luck yourselves. Hopefully a 'well fan knows staff at the club and a game can be sorted next pre season between the two clubs

I'd love to see that, we have already established a Healthy Welsh connection amongst the fans.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Quinn was fucking pish. :whistling:

So over-rated all he did was act like a big man on nights out and make himself look like a tool when he was supposed to be our captain.

He had 1 decent season during his whole time at Fir Park.

Glad to see the back of him. :lol:

Well from watching him all pre season and today he looks a class act. Glad to have him from you. Scunthorpe were pish. 400 away fans for 1st league game of new season back in the championship!

Rossco was himself = class act. All this stuff in the papers, not sure if it's him, the club, the press doing this to stir things up but we have a go at him for it, but whenever any player who puts the shirt of Cardiff on, they will never be booed. He set up 2 very well worked goals and wasn't far from scoring a few himself. We won 4-0 but it should have been around 7/8-0

Wouldn't it be great if our fans went to games with this attitude...?

Paul Quinn was fucking pish. :O

So over-rated all he did was act like a big man on nights out and make himself look like a tool when he was supposed to be our captain.

He had 1 decent season during his whole time at Fir Park.

Glad to see the back of him. :nod:

Twat.

Quinn, while not the saint off or on the park, is clearly a talented full back with the ability to get forward and get past players as well as having a decent defensive instinct. To say he was pish just smacks of personal issues with the guy. Say he was a banger, whatever, everyone's entitled to their opinion but looking at his performances on the pitch (over a number of years) it is sheer stupidity to say he was pish.

Twat.

Quinn, while not the saint off or on the park, is clearly a talented full back with the ability to get forward and get past players as well as having a decent defensive instinct. To say he was pish just smacks of personal issues with the guy. Say he was a banger, whatever, everyone's entitled to their opinion but looking at his performances on the pitch (over a number of years) it is sheer stupidity to say he was pish.

I agree with that mate.

I couldnt care less if the guys a wanker off the park. Aslong as he does the business on the park and gives 100% for Motherwell thats all that matters.

I agree with that mate.

I couldnt care less if the guys a wanker off the park. Aslong as he does the business on the park and gives 100% for Motherwell thats all that matters.

When the guy is the club captain, what he does off the park is also important.

When the guy is the club captain, what he does off the park is also important.

sorry weeyin but I think he was agreeing with an earlier post, which was a reply to a post saying "Quinn was fucking pish" and the other gem "he only had one decent season at Fir Park" !

which I'm sure you'll agree is utter bollocks !

while Quinn may have been a bit of a loose cannon off the park, his consistently good performance ON the park was testament indeed to the lads commitment.

so whilst I agree with you that what the club captain does off the park is just as important as when he is on it, that has no bearing in the (non) argument that "he was fucking pish" or "had only 1 good season at Fir Park" .

:mellow:

I know Coach and his family really well, grew up with his big brother and due to that have known Paul since he was a young kid.

Always a decent lad, really pleasant and chatty when you meet him. He's just a normal daft boy and in my dealings with him has never let football go to his head... his only real downfall is the fact that he supports the mhanky mob, but apart from tht he's a decent guy.

For what itsd worth I would love to have had him in this current side with all the young players as he was a true leader on the pitch and would always help the younger players. Was the first to try and get the crowd going and the team, a very vocal player which I think we are missing.

For me, Coach was always a leader on the pitch, maybe his off field activity suggested he shouldn't be club captain, but he was always there to gee everyone up on the park. He's always been a sound guy whenever I've met him round about Coltness, but I've heard many stories of what he behaves like with a drink.

• 7 months later...

Been quiet lately on the Quinn situtation. Poor start but had some time out on the sidelines and now taken his chance at right back. Awesome the last few weeks and tonight was the crowds MOM even though the sponsors give it to Chris Burke!

Played right back and centre half and also commanded a depleted team when down to 10 men. Our back 4 had a left winger and 3 full backs in there the last 20 minutes. Hopefully we get the same from him on the weekend for the jacks game!

Noticed that he's been playing the last few weeks. Good to see. Always thought out of McCormack, Clarkson, Hughes and all the other Motherwell players who've gone down south recently that Quinn was most equipped to do well. Mainly because of the will to win and physical strength that is required in the English game...

Noticed that he's been playing the last few weeks. Good to see. Always thought out of McCormack, Clarkson, Hughes and all the other Motherwell players who've gone down south recently that Quinn was most equipped to do well. Mainly because of the will to win and physical strength that is required in the English game...

The guys been everywhere on the park lately. His no nonsense attitude helps. Some silky skills to leave their winger just standing there. Hopefully he continues to take his chance and earn a regular slot. When he went to CH our young RB Adam Matthews who is wanted by United/Arsenal etc decided to go for a run from about half way in his own half and just shot over the bar. Heck of a run but very unlucky not to score.

The guys been everywhere on the park lately. His no nonsense attitude helps. Some silky skills to leave their winger just standing there. Hopefully he continues to take his chance and earn a regular slot. When he went to CH our young RB Adam Matthews who is wanted by United/Arsenal etc decided to go for a run from about half way in his own half and just shot over the bar. Heck of a run but very unlucky not to score.

From what I hear Matthews is the reason Paul hasn't been playing much this season. In saying that Cardiff will be looking to get top dollar for Matthews soon and they've just extended Paul's contract to 2013 which shows Cardiff obviously still rate Coach very highly.