Davie Clarkson's Mum

biggayal0

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife knows davie clarksons mum lads, no wind up.She has just spoke to her got a call just their from her. (you can check past posts i have made)

Clarkson is in Bristol now and is almost certain to sign for them today.

City or Rovers?

Hope he disnae go mind you.

If Clarky goes before the Europa game I can see us struggling against the Welsh . This would further deplete our squad and it would mean we would depending on the likes of Sutton and Murphy stepping up to the mark .

I thought Murphy was going to be something special and he has still got time to prove it , but then again I also thought DLS was going to turn out a good yin.

Can we sign anyone up before the european games and if we can , would it be worthwhile as they might not be fit enough for these games.

If he signs for Bristol, then he is being badly advised. They are going nowhere. If it's true that Cardiff are still in the mix, then that would be a much better option.

I agree.

Bristol pretty much hit their peak in 07/08 and I can only see them going one way now.

Very decent manager mind you.

I'm sure Cardiff, for example, pay similar and have a much better chance of getting into the EPL. All I'm saying is don't jump at the first concrete offer as I'm sure more will be on the way. While money is important, Clarky is still a youngster and should be thinking about his footballing future. With that in mind, joining a team that is in the ascendancy makes the most sense. I just don't see Bristol as that team.

I'm sure Cardiff, for example, pay similar and have a much better chance of getting into the EPL. All I'm saying is don't jump at the first concrete offer as I'm sure more will be on the way. While money is important, Clarky is still a youngster and should be thinking about his footballing future. With that in mind, joining a team that is in the ascendancy makes the most sense. I just don't see Bristol as that team.

He may, however, have learned the lesson of McFadden and has decided that he has more chance of first team football at Bristol City...

He may, however, have learned the lesson of McFadden and has decided that he has more chance of first team football at Bristol City...

Or you may just be taking a contrary opinion for the sake of an argument, as I'm sure you are capable of seeing the difference in quality between a top 5 EPL club and a Chamionship side.

Hello there - Bristol City supporter here.

Interesting to read your take on Cardiff v BCFC - Hmmm...

I'm not going to bore you all with a "we are better than they are" rant because only time will tell that, and I don't want Cardiff and BCFC fans arguing on your board - but the stability of the two clubs are poles apart and, whilst both clubs are very ambitious, BCFC can actually finance their amibition internally. There are no 29m loans hanging over us and there is money available to fund a realistic punt at the premiership and finance the new stadium without selling any of our squad.

I hope we sign your man, he sounds like what we need to compliment what we have and with others in the pipeline, he could do a lot worse in the championship - we aint there to make up the numbers and last season was a big disappointment within the club and with supporters, but it was also a season of consolidation.

We aint going in the wrong direction with new 42,000 stadium, training complex, and an ambitious chairman and manager.

David Clarkson could do a lot worse than come to us at this time.

By the way, you will beat Llanelli very very easily - you are miles in advance of their standard. Best of luck in Europe (wish we had a chance like that) and in the EPL this season.

Or you may just be taking a contrary opinion for the sake of an argument, as I'm sure you are capable of seeing the difference in quality between a top 5 EPL club and a Chamionship side.

Aye, but McFadden and Clarkson are players of a different level. I was just trying to suggest that Cardiff already have Chopra, Bothroyd and McCormack and I don't really know what Bristol City's striking options are. So I was hazarding a guess as to why Clarkson might favour BCFC over Cardiff. Not looking for a fight. For a change... :notworthy: