Season 09/10

Juan Kerse

Season Tickets 09/10  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing/purchasing a Season Ticket next season?

• Absolutely - Would never ditch the club in that way.
    • Grudgingly, Yes.
    • No, Probabally not.
    • Absolutely NOT! Boyle has went too far this time.

Morale throughout our support is at its utter lowest ebb. I certainly can NEVER recall such ill feeling towards the club from the fans. Sure, there have been bad times, horrible times and near catastrophic times but we have NEVER been treated with the contempt we are at present.

Through pandering to the Old Firm, shocking communication, promised deals taken away without being tried out, shocking communication and finally, shocking communication the gap between support and the board has never been wider. Add to that an erratic and out of favor manager, some of the worst footballers on show in years and any that do have ability are lacking an equal proportion of effort and spirit.

In all, there are many MANY fans who, quite unblievably could walk away right now and not come back. Ask yourself of the heartache the proposed closure of the club brought a few years back. Who would have similar feelings if such a 'travesty' occurred again? The feeling amongst many is absolutely SCUNNERED with the club and will walk away very soon, once out of the habbit, attending expensive third rate football is the last thing on people's agenda on rare leisure time. Many more have already walked, never to return.

With that, who, at this moment in time will be showing support for the club at the start of the season by purchasing a Season Ticket. Will you be showing faith in the club, or will you be showing them the same appreciation the give us? How much 'Value' has the ST lost? Plenty in a fiscal sense but what about in terms of having a 'voice' and some status that being a ST holder used to bring?

Anyway, that is the question. Just so you know, I actually don't know. I am playing Devil's Advocatte here so don't take the angle of the post as read, although some of it is my opinion.

Anyway, have a vote.

I will be re-newing my season ticket next season. Ok Boyle has made an arse of things, but why should that stop me giving the players the support that they need?

Fair enough. Again, playing devil's advocatte here but how far would he need to go? Supposing, and this isn't out of the question, he let the Old Firm in for £5 at each end, charged 'Well fans £20 and put in Blue/Green seats to make them feel at home?

What if he gave them the East/Cooper and South and moved us all into the main? Not out of the question is it?

Would you still habd over the best part of £300 each summer?

"Morale throughout our support is at its utter lowest ebb. I certainly can NEVER recall such ill feeling towards the club from the fans. Sure, there have been bad times, horrible times and near catastrophic times but we have NEVER been treated with the contempt we are at present."

You can't recall morale being lower? You genuinely can't recall the morale being lower? What about the day we went into administration? Or the day we got fucked 5-1 by Rangers at Hampden Park? What about this time last year, when our club and the rest of Scottish Football was shocked to its core. You're HONESTLY trying to tell me that morale has NEVER been lower? I suggest you think again.

"Through pandering to the Old Firm, shocking communication, promised deals taken away without being tried out, shocking communication and finally, shocking communication the gap between support and the board has never been wider. Add to that an erratic and out of favor manager, some of the worst footballers on show in years and any that do have ability are lacking an equal proportion of effort and spirit."

The communication thing is something I don't understand. This is a serious question, coz I genuinely don't know the answer, what exactly is it you want the board to come out and tell us all the time? The manager is only out of favour by a number of folk and he's certainly nowhere near as erratic as some of our previous managers. Remember Terry Butcher offering members of the East Stand a square go? Or Maurice Malpas telling the fans he'd have to be sacked before he left? Worst footballers on show? Dead on.

"In all, there are many MANY fans who, quite unblievably could walk away right now and not come back. Ask yourself of the heartache the proposed closure of the club brought a few years back. Who would have similar feelings if such a 'travesty' occurred again? The feeling amongst many is absolutely SCUNNERED with the club and will walk away very soon, once out of the habbit, attending expensive third rate football is the last thing on people's agenda on rare leisure time. Many more have already walked, never to return."

You're telling me that the majority of our fans wouldn't be bothered if our club was closed? You are.. HONESTLY trying to argue that none of us could give a fuck if we went under? Aye, we might be a bit pissed off (not anywhere near as much as you), but come on to fuck, that is by far the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. You HONESTLY, honestly think that?

"With that, who, at this moment in time will be showing support for the club at the start of the season by purchasing a Season Ticket. Will you be showing faith in the club, or will you be showing them the same appreciation the give us? How much 'Value' has the ST lost? Plenty in a fiscal sense but what about in terms of having a 'voice' and some status that being a ST holder used to bring?"

Okay, so what voice did a Season Ticket holder bring you before? Did you get a say in what happened at the club? Did you dictate the day-to-day runnings of the club? No, you got the same priviledges as you do now; you get to sit in the same fucking seat week in, week out.

You get to see the 'Well every other week, and you wanna throw it all away coz John Boyle changed the away stand prices? You don't know how lucky you have it.

I'll still be there and if I can afford it I'll still get my season ticket.

I might be weak, gullible, a sucker, a fool and take whatever shite they throw at me off the park they'll always be my team and no matter how bad things get I'll still be at Fir Park to support them.

Sorry - but without a shadow of a doubt, I'll be renewing - Boyle's far from perfect, and he's got it well off the mark with our treatment re the Squirm, but I believe we could be hell of a worse off with someone else - I don't doubt he has the club at heart and I'd rather have someone like that running my club, than someone else who'd sticks and leave us in shite if the going got bad for them.

Not the populist view maybe, but the poll kind of prompted it.

MON RA DOSSERS

Probably not be getting season books again

Not to say I will not be there but instead of going every week with a season book maybe just go when, work and such like allows, or when the good deals are on pay at the gate.

:rolleyes: the start of the end of regular attendance, again. J.B's new regime forced me out my season ticket seat when he arrived at first, now the ridiculous shambles of of the SPL and MFC's part in it, is making me consider if its even worth it at all.

Norway sounds like a good idea for my funds to go on

I'll be renewing mine at the end of the season. Even though i'm getting fed up with Boyle and the rest of the club which is totally unprofessional by the way. Sack the board is all i can say before we get into an even worse state than we are the now!

Anyway, what else am i going to do on a Saturday afternoon?

We're giving up the season ticket simply due to the fact that it's just not possible for me to get down to every game. I go to more away games than i do home games these days!

As another poster said, at many games i go to, the pay at the gate punters are getting a decent deal, so that'll do me. The club will still be getting my money.

"Morale throughout our support is at its utter lowest ebb. I certainly can NEVER recall such ill feeling towards the club from the fans. Sure, there have been bad times, horrible times and near catastrophic times but we have NEVER been treated with the contempt we are at present."

You can't recall morale being lower? You genuinely can't recall the morale being lower? What about the day we went into administration? Or the day we got fucked 5-1 by Rangers at Hampden Park? What about this time last year, when our club and the rest of Scottish Football was shocked to its core. You're HONESTLY trying to tell me that morale has NEVER been lower? I suggest you think again.

"Through pandering to the Old Firm, shocking communication, promised deals taken away without being tried out, shocking communication and finally, shocking communication the gap between support and the board has never been wider. Add to that an erratic and out of favor manager, some of the worst footballers on show in years and any that do have ability are lacking an equal proportion of effort and spirit."

The communication thing is something I don't understand. This is a serious question, coz I genuinely don't know the answer, what exactly is it you want the board to come out and tell us all the time? The manager is only out of favour by a number of folk and he's certainly nowhere near as erratic as some of our previous managers. Remember Terry Butcher offering members of the East Stand a square go? Or Maurice Malpas telling the fans he'd have to be sacked before he left? Worst footballers on show? Dead on.

"In all, there are many MANY fans who, quite unblievably could walk away right now and not come back. Ask yourself of the heartache the proposed closure of the club brought a few years back. Who would have similar feelings if such a 'travesty' occurred again? The feeling amongst many is absolutely SCUNNERED with the club and will walk away very soon, once out of the habbit, attending expensive third rate football is the last thing on people's agenda on rare leisure time. Many more have already walked, never to return."

You're telling me that the majority of our fans wouldn't be bothered if our club was closed? You are.. HONESTLY trying to argue that none of us could give a fuck if we went under? Aye, we might be a bit pissed off (not anywhere near as much as you), but come on to fuck, that is by far the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. You HONESTLY, honestly think that?

"With that, who, at this moment in time will be showing support for the club at the start of the season by purchasing a Season Ticket. Will you be showing faith in the club, or will you be showing them the same appreciation the give us? How much 'Value' has the ST lost? Plenty in a fiscal sense but what about in terms of having a 'voice' and some status that being a ST holder used to bring?"

Okay, so what voice did a Season Ticket holder bring you before? Did you get a say in what happened at the club? Did you dictate the day-to-day runnings of the club? No, you got the same priviledges as you do now; you get to sit in the same fucking seat week in, week out.

You get to see the 'Well every other week, and you wanna throw it all away coz John Boyle changed the away stand prices? You don't know how lucky you have it.

Ehm... :angry:

Calm down lad! I'm playing 'Devil's Advocatte' remember? No need to dive in heid first!! :lol:

I'll be renewing mine. I understand the views of those who won't be for whatever reason. It's up to the individual, but I'll still be going along every week. And hopefully if the saving goes better next year I'll be trying to get to more away games too.

I was desperate to get one again for this season after giving mine up 2 years ago. Mainly to make life a bit easier getting UEFA Cup tickets. But I couldn't afford it as well as the trip away, so didn't bother.

I'v started putting money by for one next season, but already getting ideas for what other uses it can be put to, depending largely on Boyle sorting out the ticket pricing farce and other issues.

I'm totally undecided and it'll take a big effort from Boyle to convince myself and most others by the looks of it to hand their cash over.

That said I am there on a Saturday to support my team, not it's owner.

I'll still be there and if I can afford it I'll still get my season ticket.

I might be weak, gullible, a sucker, a fool and take whatever shite they throw at me off the park they'll always be my team and no matter how bad things get I'll still be at Fir Park to support them.

I agree wholeheartedly, I could have sat home and watched the game on monday and been able to switch it off but I'd rather be there even if I couldn't even be arsed booing at the end

I don't have a season ticket this year as I only get to around half the home games. This is due to work commitments mainly. Next year might be different. It seems there are lots of fans who will stand by Motherwell whatever but the real frustration seems to me to be that regular visiters to Fir Park have virtually no say in matters concerning MFC.

It would be interesting to see how many fans would be willing to buy a share in the club if say 50% ownership was offered by JB to the fans. I would guess most season ticket holders at present would definately be tempted and I know a few less frequent visitors including myself, would like the opportunity. What would be wrong with say a grand a share (for want of a better word) and no one individual could own more than five shares. Now I'm not flush myself but instead of taking the kids on big holidays for a couple of years, I would try to find the money to buy both my sons a share each. Adults and kids who own a stake/shares could then perhaps enjoy half-priced season tickets (adults) for ten years and the kids (up to 18) free for five. After the set time shareholders return to paying full ST prices but now also have a say in what that price it is. If only 2000 took up the offer it would still raise 2M and if Boyle matched it MFC could move forward. The fans would at last, have their opportunity to help run the club.

Feel free to tear it to pieces but would anyone be interested in something like this?

I don't agree with the old firm pricing policy or the Cooper stand situation. However, I'll be renewing my season ticket. I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face just because I don't agree with some things the owner has done.

At the end of the day, Boyle's not going to be around forever, hopefully Motherwell Football Club will be though. However, as I understand it, getting the season ticket money upfront in the summer is important to the club's finances. If half the season ticket holders don't renew, then what? Less money for bringing players in & renewing contracts which means an even lower class of player than we have now which would probably mean relegation. I'm not saying the club would fold if we got relegated, but we may never get back into the top flight again or if we did it could be for a season at a time.