Season 09/10

Juan Kerse

Season Tickets 09/10  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing/purchasing a Season Ticket next season?

• Absolutely - Would never ditch the club in that way.
    • Grudgingly, Yes.
    • No, Probabally not.
    • Absolutely NOT! Boyle has went too far this time.

Boyle and his fellow Board members should be worried by this poll.

11 out of the first 21 voters will not be renewing their ST's. If that trend continues MFC stand to lose over 52% of ST holders.

Wake up and smell the coffee John :)

The Poll is a bit skewed. I voted that I'll not be getting a season ticket but that's because I pay at the gate most games and will more than likely continue to do so. I'm sure others have voted that way too.

However irritated,annoyed i may be at the teams performances right now i will still be buying a season ticket.

Yes i have expressed in the past my disconent towards a certain Mr Boyle but its not Mr Boyle we support it's Motherwell Fc.

Roll on 09/10

Course after yet another third place finish :) .

Come on ye Welll!

Cheers Chris

Defininately Will NOT be renewing my season ticket.

The club jumps from one fiasco to another with alarming regularity and no one ever seems to be held responsible, we were promised all kinds with the bringing in of yet a new regime, instead we get enthusiastic supporters apponted to positions in a cack handed way of trying to bridge the gap between the the club and fans. This is yet another example of the schoolboy methods the club works, and as far as i can see the divide between the club and fans has widened even further.

If Boyle and his minions didnt realise the conseqences of continually pissing off the home support, hopefully he will at the start of next season, and if season ticket renewals are down as predicted, then he can open his own wallet and make up the shortfall because it is his and his minnions Idiot schemes what will have caused it to happen.

I'll do what others do and pay at the gate, and if Boyle and company come up with anymore stupid schemes next year, at least I will have my money in my pocket rather than in his

I think that the point about leisure time being scarce is a good one. To go along on a cold Saturday afternoon to a ground that is far from modern, to watch football that is often mediocre at best, to stand in queues for at times 15-20 mins for food and drink all requires a kind of labour of love. I just don't have the love so much these days and sometimes use my time off for other things. I don't have a season ticket but pay in maybe 10 times in the season.

As far as John Boyle is concerned, I don't think cutting your nose off.. etc is the way forward but maybe it is time that there was some kind of unified protest amongst the fans to get the point across. John Boyles behaviour from the club going into admin, to his deals with Zoom, to his out and out lies to fans leaves a lot to be desired at times. If it turns out there is foul play regarding Motherwells undersoil heating it would be another example of a sheer lack of scrouples (sp?). I would not like to think that Motherwell develop a reputation for unsporting behaviour.

I don't know what the answer is, but this thread shows the level of discontent there is amongst supporters, and not just because of results on the pitch.

Everything will be fine with your team. Too good to go down, but competing with four very good teams to get into the top six, so there is no shame at all if you don't manage it this year. Next year the optimism every fan gets at the start of the season will kick in, and you will all go back :)

Everything will be fine with your team. Too good to go down, but competing with four very good teams to get into the top six, so there is no shame at all if you don't manage it this year. Next year the optimism every fan gets at the start of the season will kick in, and you will all go back :)

Yer awfy reasonable for a celtic fan! :)

I totally agree with what SteelEdge has to say and will be renewing my season ticket as well. To me it just isn't a Saturday without heading through to the football. I may be frustrated with the way the team's playing at the moment but I don't support them any less and never will. I most certainly never have and never will boo the players off the pitch as I believe it does more harm than good.

The players are the same ones who took the league by storm last year and they haven't suddenly become bad players overnight. That makes it even more frustrating at times but I'm sure the players will come good eventually, I really think we just need a couple of goals to get the confidence up and to play a bit of football. The times we looked best on Monday were when we were passing the ball about.

There's still plenty of time to turn this season around, the league's still very tight.

So, who will be buying an Irn Bru First Division season ticket then? :lol:

It would be cheaper and we get to go to new places on away days-the SPL is chronicly bad too!

In all seriousness the board should be petrified with the findings of this petty poll. It doesn't matter the numbers Motherwell FC can;t afford to piss of 1 fan to the point in hime withdrawing a few hundred quid each year, let alone 5, 10, 20 and more as this poll suggests.

Sort it out MFC. Now.

Sadly I dont think they really believe people wont boycott the season tickets. There has been the usual sales pick ups year after year, and Boyle and his inept staff bank on the blind loyalty, something seems to have changed this season however and if they dont get things sorted out, they may find that the loyaltly of a blind kind has evaporated.

The most fun I ever had watching Motherwell was when we were playing in the First Division. Especially the away games. From Shawfield to Gayfield, it was always a grand day out. The season ticket cost about 30 quid, and you could stand at all the grounds.

I support Motherwell Football Club - end of story!!, always have always will. Call it blind loyalty or whatever you like, a few bad performances and a bit of poor communication from the club will never change that.

I'll be buying my season ticket and supporting team through thick and thin no matter what.