David Clarkson

Juan Kerse

Surely this deserves a thread outwith the mindless transfer speculation thread!?

The pictures of him in the Bristol City shirt are boak inducing!!

Davie is and always will be OUR player. Not often you get a guy who gives 8 seasons to a club and not once utters a bad word about the club! No asking for bigger moves, NEVER is the press acting like the billy big baw bag so many young footballers do. Davie is a class act. It isn't often you get a player who has so much emotional attachment to the club and witnessing him with the 'Well scarf on coming over to our support at Hearts was the most emotional football moment in ma puff. Perhaps that is why he needs to leave actually, he will always have that emotional attachmnet to the club. That aside though, Davie was quite simply a Motherwell player, who loved the club he got his break with. He seemed to love every goal like it was his first and last, no arrogance about him at all.

Welcome back anytime, I'm sure we all know we will be showing up in the first game at the new stadium in 2016 to witness two particular Old Favourites line up for the 'Well once more. Davie and James, make it happen :lol:

Anyway, all the best DC - Ledgend!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree, anyone who racks up over 250 appearances for the Well before his 24th birthday deserves a wee bit of a tribute. As you've said, the way he has conducted himself off the field could be used as an example to any young player. And his commitment while on the field never wavered, even when he wasn't the most popular guy around the place he never hid.

With the impending sale of Paul Quinn, you can't help feeling it's kind of the end of an era. The four very young bucks of the first post administration season will all be gone. Although the thought strikes me that for a team that finished bottom, we've done well out of them. The sales of McFadden, Pearson, Clarkson and Quinn will have brought the club something like £3,000,000 in fees. Respect to the youth policy.

But I digress. Cheers DC. You'll always be welcome round here. A legend at 23...

Don't remember ever being so gutted that a player left (and I have nearly 35 years of supporting MFC under my belt).......and for the simple reason that I never expected it to happen.

I wish Davie all the luck in the world - I couldn't be happier that in the last two years we saw him at his very best and he proved so many wrong. He stood tall when he was hurting on the inside and matured beyond belief.

Sad to see him go, but can't blame him.

Stuart.

Gutted he's gone. Could never imagine him wearing another club's strip.

Hopefully we'll get to have him back one day along with Faddy.

Getting those two back into a front line along with Porter would be very interesting.

All the best Clarky, hope it works out for you.

All the best to him. I said in another thread that when I first posted on the forum a couple of summers back Clarkson was a figure of fun due to his lack of goals. The sadness with which has departure is now being met shows how he's improved. He obviously has guts and has worked hard to prove his doubters wrong. By SPL standards this undisclosed fee will be quite big, and he's earned his chance to move on. I hope he enjoys his time at Bristol.

Good Luck DC and the best for the future.

Hope we get you see in C&A again in the future.

Gutted that we've lost him but can't grudge him his move. He has been through every emotion possible while with the Club and i am glad to see he got a move to somewhere he can start afresh and progress his career.

I've been saying it for weeks that he is the one player in the squad that I would be devastated to see leave. From scoring an overhead kick on your full debut, to having an up and down two seasons, to then becoming a free-scoring Scottish International and player of the year, two seasons in a row, he's been through it all. I thought he would be at Motherwell for life but that was just idealistic thoughts, I don't begrudge him his move whatsoever. If anyone deserves better things it is him, from getting from where he was two years ago now to where he is now is remarkable. A great player and icon for the club on and off the pitch, an ideal role model, he will be sorely missed.

The next no. 10 will have a lot to live up to from the previous three!