David Clarkson

Juan Kerse

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am far from being happy he left, although people know what I think of Clarkson. Anyway, I still wish him all the best, maybe (hopefully) he can prove me wrong, cos I dont think he will have too much of an impact down there!

I totally agree that he has been a great servant to the club and he had a great goalscoring season. (When being bothered) He ran his socks of and worked for the team, as any other player he had his form drops (far too often for me) and was more busy complaining to his team mates instead playing football!

I am far from being happy he left, although people know what I think of Clarkson. Anyway, I still wish him all the best, maybe (hopefully) he can prove me wrong, cos I dont think he will have too much of an impact down there!

I totally agree that he has been a great servant to the club and he had a great goalscoring season. (When being bothered) He ran his socks of and worked for the team, as any other player he had his form drops (far too often for me) and was more busy complaining to his team mates instead playing football!

I must be watching a different player to you mate. Each to their own opinions but not trying is one accusation you could never level at DC.

I must be watching a different player to you mate. Each to their own opinions but not trying is one accusation you could never level at DC.

I am 100% sure, he had his games, where is totally pissed of and couldnt be bothered and started complaining about everything and everyone. Not that it happenend to often, but he had those kind of games, esp when he played up front with McDonald and/or McCormack.

If you want to go that way: I am sure that players like McGarry are trying there best as well, but getting dogs abuse!

Gutted for Motherwell :woop: as watching David Clarkson develop into the player that I always thought he could be has been one of the highlights of the last few seasons. He always gave 100% even in the season(s) where he wasn't quite fufilling his potential and I always thought that he was fairly selfless as a striker. We will miss his goals and his assists, especially in developing attacking moves.

All the best David :doh: and I will now be keeping an eye on Bristol City's scores and hope to see you and Faddy in the premiership in the following season.

I still think that Clarky has a long way to go to be at the same level as Faddy, Roscoe and even Pearson but as a man, professional and as a club servant he has been first class. It is rare to get players these days you can truely call your own and he will be missed.

I am sad to see him go for emotional reasons and it seems like the end of an era in many respects for the club.

All the best. Will look out for Bristol City scores from now on. Make Phil proud. :doh:

It won't feel right seeing Clarky play for someone else, thought he'd be a Motherwell player for longer. However his form in the last two years has brought him international international recognition, and obviously attracted attention down south.

He does deserve the chance of a crack at the big time, and his attitude on the field and manner off it means we will all wish him nothing but success.

Clarky, you were a fine ambassador for Motherwell, go and make your name and your fortune down south. All the luck in the world mate.

All the best to a boy who went through so much and came out the other end the man and the player he is today .

Hope he takes a few seconds out to read some of the posts on here about him , and realises the high regard he was held in by the Fir Park faithful .

All the best mate , go down there and do yourself proud .

• 3 weeks later...

Aye it seems the fans need a bit of convincing. They were expecting a 'bigger' signing than Clarkson I feel. Wonder how many of their players scored on their international debuts against the best keeper in the world? :rolleyes:

Anyway, seemed he had a 'MARE of a debut. Played out on the left though which isn't ideal for Clarky as he doesn't really have the ball control for that.

The fans are at least giving him time though.....

Clarkson (4) feel sorry for him really because he seemed to be out on the left for the whole first half and didnt really get a chance to impress as a striker. (I assume that's what we bought him for !) but didnt really get a kick unfortunately

Clarkson - Hopefully a bad night at the office, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and as I was sat in the front of the Dolman and he was stuck out on the left ploughing a lone furrow down the left wing of the Williams, i must admit he did not really appear on the radar??? Hopefully he will continue like this with Championship defences and evade their radars as well. Sorry but as I almost forgot he was out there Out of 10

Gerken didn't look to bad at Hereford...

Clarkson was poor though

:(