Gannon Moves For Jennings

Motherwell Seagull

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that just for the 1st qualifyin round?

Yes and it wasn't Monday. It was the day of the draw when the list had to be in. The next Squad (if we make it past Llanelli) requires to be submitted by 11pm on 10 July 2009. Although we have one wild card transfer available for First Qualifier Round by 11pm tonight if I read the regulations right.

Tbh I would be shocked if we don't register him but I would be even more shocked if he plays in the First Leg.

I dont know why you'd be shocked if we dont register him, we cant do that unless he has clearance and the transfer is completed before 11PM (which as ive already said, is unlikely). It could happen though and it wouldnt surprise me too much.

I'm pleased that moves are being made straight away to strengthen the squad but I am a little concerned by reports that this is a 1 year deal - if he's any good he'll be gone again before we blink. I'd rather give youngsters a chance than plays guys on loan or one year deals.

Sorry to burst your bubble Wellfan1984 but the 'fishel site does say:

Aye, exactly.

Basically hes signed but not all neccesary paperwork has been completed in time to register him.

McGhee, who was impressed with the "enthusiasm" of his new players when pre-season training began, is exploring other avenues though.

"We're further forward but I'm not about to sign someone," he added.

"We're talking to people, we're lining up trials, we're talking to managers and agents.

"Eventually we will sign some players and the important thing is they are better players than the ones we have got. I want to improve the team, not the bench."

:D

So did I and i defended him till the end...maybe that was me defending my club and its decision to hire MM.

I can honestly say that i'm more excited about the coming season because of Boyle's appointment than i have been for a while -- here's to JG. Thanks for the memories MM, many of them were great. JG turned a dormant well fan into a very proud well fan in a matter of days. I believe he'll live up to my new found expectations.

Back on track-sorry for going off the threads purpose-Jennings looks like a signing so in my opinion JG must have one hell of a dosier of players (as we've heard/read).

same old same old. McGhee has no contacts. All this crap i will use my contacts here I will use my contacts there I will use my contacts everywhere. What a twat. Still in the huff cause the tic didnae want him. Fantastic. Gannon has his ideas and has moved fast to try and impliment them as soon as. He wants to play a certain way and knows the players most suited to playing that way. Seems like he knows what he wants and he knows how to get it. McGhee knew what he wanted he just couldn't impliment it. He will last a year at Aberdeen. Ba Ba Ba, Ba Ba Ba ran McGhee out of town.