Gannon Moves For Jennings

Motherwell Seagull

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 'Flow

The Evening Times have it totally wrong - Jim said a hitch in the deal meant he couldn't play last night, not a hitch in the deal overall...

He reports for training this Monday...

'Flow

Thank fuck. Any news on the reasoning behind the 1 year deal though?

Not too worried about that as I am sure there are good business reasons why it's a one year deal and if he looks good then I expect we will try and extend the deal well before the end of the season. It also might be that we see him as a stop gap whilst we bring on some of the youth squad or that he only wants a year deal to try and give his career a leg up.

Who knows but I am willing to trust JB & JG for a while....

He was in Liverpool yesterday and is travelling north on Sunday.

His interview on local radio from yesterday can be heard here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3c9e42a...04e75f6e8ebb871

BTW - He partly explains why the contract is a short one. He wants to test the water and if he likes it he will sign an extended contract if both paries like what they see.

BTW - He partly explains why the contract is a short one. He wants to test the water and if he likes it he will sign an extended contract if both paries like what they see.

Makes sense I suppose...I mean, if my compay wanted me to go down to Merseyside to work, I think I'd rather do so on a shorter deal on my terms rather than commit to two or three right away without knowing a great deal about the place I was going to be staying or working etc...why should footballers be any different...other than to appease us fickle fans?

The Evening Times have it totally wrong - Jim said a hitch in the deal meant he couldn't play last night, not a hitch in the deal overall...

He reports for training this Monday...

'Flow

Glad to hear that! Fecking lazy journalists at that Old Squirm rag. :lol:

Considering how threadbare our squad is, I'm not too concerned that the deal is only for 12 months.

This season will be very unsettled. The stability won't come from throwing 5-year contracts at players who have never played in the SPL before. It will come from Gannon being given enough time and building a team over the next 3 or 4 seasons. If he has to test out a few trialists, loan players and 1-year contracts this year until he knows exactly what he needs to succeed in the SPL, then so be it.

As long as he's not still doing it after 2 years in the job, a la McGhee...