Motherwell's Live Tv Curse!

Yir Elder

A chat with Flow earlier this week got me thinking about that. We used to be fairly decent on Sky/BBC but in recent times things haven't been great when Motherwell featured on live TV.

But how bad is it? Well it transpires that we have failed to win in the last 22 occasions we've been live on TV. Our last win was the CIS Cup Quarter Final against Aberdeen in November 2005, when Kerso scored early and Buzz saved a pen.

Since then we've only mustered 5 draws and suffered 17 defeats on the telly, covering the whole of 2006, 2007 and 2008...up until now anyway. Our 23rd attempt to end that hoodoo comes on Saturday at Accies, so here's hoping we can put it to bed!

to be fair... the majority of games we are on telly with are games where we're not really expected to win (i.e. old firm)

Although it looks bad on paper, I'd take that kind of statistic with a pinch of salt.

We will beat Hamilton this weekend, and end talk of this type for a while!

We've had a few shockers on the box in the last couple of years.

Hearts & Aberdeen at home in the Malpas era, then that was followed by the 4-1 scuddin up at East End Park (would I be correct in saying Jim O'Brien played for Dunfermline that night?)

I think i'm right in saying we've only ever won once on Setanta, and that was Skippy Sunday. I can't think of any other win.

Hearts & Aberdeen at home in the Malpas era, then that was followed by the 4-1 scuddin up at East End Park (would I be correct in saying Jim O'Brien played for Dunfermline that night?)

He did indeed, scored the opener if i remember correctly and generally ripped us a new one.

The goal against killie from about 40 yards was a peach ;)

Pretty sure it was nearer 80 yards. Or so Mr Brannan would tell you..... Really has been a very dismal run on Sultana telly. We need to insist that every game is covered by BBC Alba...or not at all.

Never mind McGhee, today is your fault, Elder. This thread was bound to scupper everything
:blink::P

I am currently hanging my head in shame!